PUMPJACK (regular westexas redneck hillbilly Dukes fans)

TXZ045

I may or may not have posted a previous topic about this band. Some friends of mine since 93/94 time period. They are in a band called PUMPJACK (reference to oil related equipment as most of yall prolly know). They have songs that any Dukes of Hazzard fan could dig and groove on. I would highly advise anyone, and everyone please do take a moment and give them a listen. It is a mix of southern-rock with a dash of metal. They do have some acoustic tunes though... they have lyrics that anyone here could prolly get into if they gave it a chance. And again it just so happens that they are all Dukes of Hazzard fans.... me and my friend Kyle (aka Thurber) both have shared some Dukes memories over the years and they have been known to come out onstage to the Dukes of Hazzard theme-song Good Ol' Boys.

If your interested in gettin a pull off of theire music you can find it on myspace by simple doing a Search for Pumpjack or if you are already familiar with the way myspace works you can simply put pumpjackrocks after the back slash that comes after the dot com (.com/pumpjackrocks) and of courset they have one of them nifty dot com sites too... that being pumpjackrocks dot com. I would just put the links in this thread, but it seems posting links has been restricted in recent times.

1, 2 BAR-B-Q!!!!!!

Man thought I was the only one East of Texas who knew about them.

I first discovered them on the original MP#.com site around 2000 and ordered a couple of their CD's.

Love the Southern Rock/Metal they make. "Proud To Be American" is one of my favorite songs .

Just wish they toured more of the east coast before I moved. Now I hope they come close to Michigan.

I'm gone

Darrell

No sir, I've been friends with them since late 1993 early 1994, somewhere around there. My first band had the pleasure of sharing some stage with them at local gigs. My 2nd band did as well, and another band I was in last year did the same. I was a co-host for a period of time on a radio show with Thurber as the Host...(lead singer, guitarist)... the radio show we did was a metal radio show, two hours long called 'Over The Edge' out of Midland / Odessa on 95.1 KQRX (95X). Me and Thurber both have alot in common so we became friends and one of the things we have in common is our love for The Dukes of Hazzard.... I know the rest of the guys in the band too, and they are all Dukes of Hazzard fans of course.

Maybe you also recall the side-band Thurber did with Dimebag Darrell (R.I.P.) of Pantera, a band called GASOLINE.... they recorded some good songs and played some select shows from time to time over the years... but it was strictly a side-band thing for fun.

I seen Pumpjack last Saturday night in Lubbock,TX ... and they are playing Odessa,TX on January 25th @ Dos Amigos... should be fun as always. I will have to upload some more footage from my Pumpjack concerts Ive filmed over the years to my youtube channel for you to check out. You should also check into getting their official DVD, its really good.

Thanks for the reply. PUMPJACK ROCKS!!!!!!!