Gone In 60 Seconds (1974)

Julieduke

Which Gone In 60 Seconds movie do you like better?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which Gone In 60 Seconds movie do you like better?

• Gone In 60 Seconds(1974)
    • Gone In Sixty Seconds(2000)
    • Both
    • Neither

Has anybody seen the H.B. Halicki Gone In 60 Seconds movie, if you have by the box set and watch the version with the commentary and there is some surprizing stuff in it. I was wandering how do you think Gone In Sixty Seconds(2000) compares to the original and if you only seen the new movie, then rent the original and see the difference for yourself.

• 4 months later...
Has anybody seen the H.B. Halicki Gone In 60 Seconds movie, if you have by the box set and watch the version with the commentary and there is some surprizing stuff in it. I was wandering how do you think Gone In Sixty Seconds(2000) compares to the original and if you only seen the new movie, then rent the original and see the difference for yourself.

I never even knew there was an original Gone in 60 seconds. I so loved the one with Nicholas cage, especially when he was driving Eleanor at the end.

• 2 years later...

I enjoyed both of them. For those who haven't seen it, Eleanor in the original movie was a yellow 1973 Mach 1 Mustang (actually a '71 dressed to look like a '73). Both films involve stealing lots of cars to order, but I think that only one scene is copied directly in the newer film - the one with the drugs being blown away by the exhaust (not seen it for a while - jump in if I'm wrong).

H.B. Halicki wrote, directed and starred in the original, as well as owning most of the cars used and doing his own stunts. He injured his back during one stunt that went wrong, but liked the footage and kept it in the movie. Amazingly the car is still drivable despite being severly battered. Sadly he died when a water tower stunt went wrong while filming the sequel in 1989.

If you've read my post in the hobbies section of the forum you will see I have 1:18 models of both Eleanors. If the choice was between the cars, I'd take the '67 in the newer film.

• 1 month later...