Birthday Party Mayhem

countrygirl1986

Hilery Davenport couldn’t help but to grin as Rosco P. Coltrane pulled out from behind a billboard. All was going as planned.

"Hil, I told you to slow down ‘cause of Rosco!"

"Sorry Cooter. You know how I like a good car chase with the sheriff." He couldn’t help but to smile at his younger cousin. Ordinarily, he’d have done the same thing himself, but he did want to get home and kick back for lunch. It was his birthday after all.

"All right Hilery! Pull it on over. You were going 65 in a

45. Khee."

Hilery grabbed her CB mic, laughing. "Sorry Sheriff, I seen that flip sign you had set up."

"Oh! Prove it!" Cooter couldn’t help but to join her laughter at that.

"Hil, give me the mic." She did as she was asked without question. "She don’t gotta, you just did!" With Cooter on the CB, she could focus on driving.

Now folks, if you’re wondering why Hilery doesn’t want to loose Rosco and take Cooter home so he can get some R and R while she fixes lunch, well, she and some others had planned a surprise party for Cooter for his birthday. Of course, she was naturally the pick to keep him busy while the Duke’s and other Davenport’s set up the party. Her cousins had elected her because Luke Duke was at the party helping to set up, and let’s face it: Hilery was the only girl in the family not interested in him. No one knew it was because she secretly had a thing for Bo instead.

"Well folks, there’s our signal. They’ll be here soon." Daisy called out, walking into the barn from the house.

"Much obliged Daisy. How’s this banner looking?" Luke asked.

"Bo, you need to lift your side up a little sugar."

"Thanks Daisy. I still can’t believe Hil came up with the idea of using Rosco to signal us to hurry up," Bo laughed.

Ya know, that is pretty slick.

"Yeah, now hopefully we can get the girls to stop oggling Luke’s behind and focus on finishing up." Daisy winked at Luke and pointed her head to the other end of the barn.

(Cue Dixie, BL, or Lori Davenport.)

*note: this story idea was previously agreed on between the four of us. ;)

Lori kept on looking to Luke and smiling giggling some too. Luke caught her a couple of times and shook his head smiling.

Lori got some paint cause Dixie was around Luke and well flirting with him, Lori "accidently" dropped the paint on Dixie and laughed. "Sorry bout that cousin it slipped my hands."

Dixie got the bucket and chunked it at Lori, hitting her in the back, Lori jumped down from the barn loft and tackled Dixie. Luke came over and picked Lori up off of Dixie and held them two apart. Lori grinned some and stuck her tongue out at Dixie and sweetly batted her eyelashes at Luke. Luke shook his head and laughed.

Hilery came in with Cooter in behind, everyone hid and waited.

"Hang on Cousin!" Hilery yelled, flooring the accelorator. She was sure they had had enough time to finish setting up.

"Hilery Ann Davenport," Cooter yelled, realizing Hilery was about to jump the creek up the road from the property.

She laughed at him as they soared over the water and landed safely on the other side. "You need to relax cousin." Cooter shot her a dirty look and settled down in his seat.

"I'd relax if it were Bo or Luke driving girly," COoter teased.

"I'm just as good as they are!" THey both couldn't help but to laugh as they pulled into the driveway. "Sorry cousin. Hey why don't you go get a few drinks out of the barn to put in the fridge while I go get lunch started?"

"Sounds good," was his reply as they got out of Jumper. Cooter didn't suspect a thing when he oopened the door.

"SURPRISE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY COOTER!"

• 2 weeks later...

Cooter jumped 10 feet in the air as they all yelled at him. He smiled and shook his head looking to the others. He took a seat by B.L. and Daisy on a haystack, Lori and Dixie fightin to get beside Luke on one and Hilery beside of Bo.

Cooter looked around and said,"All this fer me?"

Lori nodded and smiled smacking Dixie in back the head behind Luke,"Sure is.."

Dixie reached around and pulled to Lori's bra it making the loudest smacking noise in the world, Lori got embarrassed as Luke looked to her with a raised eyebrow.

Cooter laughed and shook his head. He didn't know which one of the girls would be lucky enough to grab Luke but Im sure they'd fight til death over it.

Poor Ole' Hil liked Bo and it was soo obvious too.

Cooter.........

Bo however was oblivious to the fact. He hadn't really ever paid attention to the girls who were his friends and thought of them as anything more...like BL and Dixie, one he knew they liked Luke but two he also thought them too close to him friendship wise to make anything more of it. Hillary was just the same, he really didn't give her a second glance considering her off limits.

Therefore, as Hillary sat next to him, Bo kept laughing along with everyone else and celebrating Cooter's birthday with him.

"Of course all fer you Cooter...yer our best buddy an' a best cousin...what more could ya want in a person...plus the General needs a free tune up so I had no choice..."

He shouted out with a cocky grin, his blonde hair gleaming in the sunlight.