Dear Grandpa

Julieduke

Dear Grandpa by Julieduke

On July 22, 1907, you was born in Cleveland the baby of a large german family first of your Surname to born in this great town. In 1935, you married my Grandmother and you had five wonderful kids, in which my mother was the baby of the oldest and oldest of the youngest. In 1966, my mother married my father and they had a beautiful wedding and they had me and my brothers and I have many seven cousins. On July 15, 1975 I was born and I came home from the hosptial on your 68th birthday. You had five kids, twelve grandchildren you lost one Grandchild way too young, and the other one to her own husband just a little over two years before you died you never did get over that right there. Did you know that you eight great-grandchildren right now as well. Oh wait there is little Hannah she was born in 2001 almost four years after you died. You went home on my twenty-second birthday we always share that common bond right there.

Sincerly your grandduaghter,

JulieDuke

• 7 months later...

Hey Roger!

Come to think of it, I don't think that I've seen Julie in a while. There's so many fellow Hazzardites that it is hard to keep track! I hope ol' Rosco isn't chasin' her 'round again! I guess we'll have to get that CB of her's over to Cooter's!!!!

Anyway, what was your take on the letter? I really enjoyed it!

General Grant

Hey Roger!

Come to think of it, I don't think that I've seen Julie in a while. There's so many fellow Hazzardites that it is hard to keep track! I hope ol' Rosco isn't chasin' her 'round again! I guess we'll have to get that CB of her's over to Cooter's!!!!

Anyway, what was your take on the letter? I really enjoyed it!

General Grant

Hey Everybody,

Julie is back just on tuesday I had a case of Flu, but now I feel much better and wow that tough losing Rosco I think he's in the pond. Oh thank you, I hope someday that one of my cousins will read that a like that as well.

Hey Julieduke!

I am glad that you are feeling better. Ol' Rosco must have been improving his driving, but he can never steer clear of that pond! I'll have to go get Cooter to fish him out!

I cannot say enough how much I enjoyed you letter! I really think it is a great letter. I was moved by it, esspecially so because I have the opposite situation. My grandfather is close (distance wise) but we are really far. I really wish it were different. I am not a sentimental person, but I will admit I got a little misty-eyed when I read that. Thank you for submitting such a great peice of work! I think we need more people like you that can write so well what other people must be thinkin' in their own lives!

I am glad you are back and feelin' better! I am sure Rosco enjoys your return too! Afterall, who would he be able to chase?!

General Grant

Hey Julieduke!

I am glad that you are feeling better. Ol' Rosco must have been improving his driving, but he can never steer clear of that pond! I'll have to go get Cooter to fish him out!

I cannot say enough how much I enjoyed you letter! I really think it is a great letter. I was moved by it, esspecially so because I have the opposite situation. My grandfather is close (distance wise) but we are really far. I really wish it were different. I am not a sentimental person, but I will admit I got a little misty-eyed when I read that. Thank you for submitting such a great peice of work! I think we need more people like you that can write so well what other people must be thinkin' in their own lives!

I am glad you are back and feelin' better! I am sure Rosco enjoys your return too! Afterall, who would he be able to chase?!

General Grant

Thank You General Grant. I was only really close to Grandpa Varwig so it really hit on July 22nd, 1997 which would've been his 90th birthday. Well, you see my Grandma Varwig died almost three years before I was born so I never has the chance of meeting her. And my Grandpa Szenger, which is my real last name just case anybody wanted to know well I only knew from 1982-1983 and at that time knew nothing about him. I was his world, and it turns out that his Grandmother's name was Julianna and mine is Julie Ann so maybe that had something to do with it. Well, when my parents named me they had no idea that my dad's Great-Grandmother's name was Julianna so it just happened accidently. And the farther I went back on my father's I had found two other Julia's or Julianna's on the tree. Well, you my Grandma Szenger she died back in 1947 and Grandpa always used to tell my parents how much I was like her. Get this I have my Graduation day picture and my Grandmother's wedding picture and I look alot like when she was seventeen and I was seventeen years old.

Hey Julieduke!

If you do not mind my asking, how did you find out all that about your family? I would really like to get into that and find pictures, letters, stories, or history on my family. I pretty much have names and dates on my mom's side, but don't even know where to begin on my dad's side. I was wonderin' if you had to go through all of that, or if it was more, from memory.

That is pretty cool about Julie Ann and Julianna. That must be almost scarrey to have a picture of someone else that looks almost just like you. That is really cool. What year is that picture from? I really enjoy looking at old pictures and objects! That is really cool that you did all that! Good luck if you decide to pursue it and I hope you find all you want to know!

General Grant

• 2 months later...
Hey Julieduke!

If you do not mind my asking, how did you find out all that about your family? I would really like to get into that and find pictures, letters, stories, or history on my family. I pretty much have names and dates on my mom's side, but don't even know where to begin on my dad's side. I was wonderin' if you had to go through all of that, or if it was more, from memory.

That is pretty cool about Julie Ann and Julianna. That must be almost scarrey to have a picture of someone else that looks almost just like you. That is really cool. What year is that picture from? I really enjoy looking at old pictures and objects! That is really cool that you did all that! Good luck if you decide to pursue it and I hope you find all you want to know!

General Grant

About 1940, and my cousin Tricia has even curlier hair than me. First from family and then through the computer and stuff like that it came together, well I found I out that I'm part Romanian on my the Great-Grandma Kurz's but her madien name was Morganmeyer in which somebody at my Genelogy group says it sounds Irish. And on my dad side I found out that I'm part Lithuanian as well and even printed some stuff up last year they have one custom that if a family invites you in for Vodka, well it's considered rude not to join them.

Hey Julie!

It sounds like you are really learning a lot about your family history. I hope that you have fun learning all of it! It really sounds cool!

Anyway, I am sure I will see you around Hazzard!

General Grant

Hey General Grant !

Thanks there is more holes I got to fill in yet or brickwalls as they in Genealogy!