Election Mishap - What really happened...

Val Strate

* stands in front of everyone with some kind of broken lever in hand *

Aaaaahhh! Ok, guys… I admit it. I did it. It’s all my fault. I broke the election booth machine thingy. I pulled the wrong lever and realized I voted for Pat Bauchcan by accident. So I tried to reset the thing but the lever got stuck. Soooo, I pulled and pulled and well….

* grins sheepishly with broken lever in hand *

This is what happened… Honestly, I didn’t mean to hold up the election. It just kind of happened. Sorry guys, I couldn’t make up my mind and well… * sighs * Now we got a big mess…

* scratches head * Oh boy…. Now the country is waitin’ for my vote… * Gulps and looks up seeing an angry mob of people in suits with brief cases *

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! The lawyers are coming! Everybody hide! Crickets and Crocs! I’m in trouble now!

* ducks behind desk *

Whew... I'll be safe for now. At least till this all blows over. Or someone says 'Uncle'.

*whispers from under desk*

Are they gone yet? Did the lawyers go away? Did they count all the ballots in Ohio yet? Did Enos feed my pet snake 'Fang' for me while I hid under my desk for the last day an' half?

*slowly peeks up over desk, spots folded news paper on top desk. Carefully pulls the news paper off of desk and back under desk. Reading headline "Kerry Conceads, Bush wins"*

Wheeewwwww! I can come out now. The election is over. Now the lawyers won't get me for accidently voting for Pat Bauchan.

Now the only person in a black suit I have to worry about, is Brian Coltrane. *giggles*

(Note to all reading this: I'm glad I got ya'll to laugh. That's what was met by this thread. Take care and I hope your election day was a good one, no matter what the out come of your canidate was.)

I voted. Kerry didn't win, but I also don't think I really like him anyway. Either or, I feel that both aren't really trustworthy. I just went for who I felt was less of two evils. Too bad my vote doesn't really count because of the Electoral College. I would love to vote for someone who can't be "Bought Out." Then, if I wasn't so serious, I'd vote for Mickey Mouse.

Oh, well. I did my duty as an American and voted. I hope Bush has a better term this time.

Val

You made voting this election year fun. I think when I go vote again I will thinking of your little mishap...LOL.....

I voted this year. In my opinion only, I felt we didn't have a good candidate who had it all together. Kerry had some good points and Bush had some good points and both had bad views too. It was a very difficult decision. Let's us just hope and pray America will come away stronger then ever before.

God Bless America

Darrell