A very bad day

i1976

Enos smiled. “I’m glad to see you all. Thanks for coming. Boston is a nice city, yeah, and this is a very nice building, even if there isn’t an elevator and the apartment is at the seventh floor. But I miss Hazzard.â€

Then he looked away, becoming serious: “Sorry for leaving Hazzard without say good-bye, and sorry for avoiding you before leaving, but I didn’t know what to tell you. I was afraid that If I had say to you everything ‘bout Mason and his revenge, you would have made something dangerous to help me. I have to find a solution on my own, and I don’t want you to risk for me. But now that you are here, I feel stronger. Thanksâ€

Daisy put a hand on his shoulder, smiling at him.

Cue anybody.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Grey was worried. He felt that something was wrong after he saw the Hazzard’s cop in Boston. He was glad that the Hazzard’s cop (he didn’t ever remember his name) was alive, but he didn’t know why he was in Boston; he hadn’t shotted at anyone before, and he remembered that the cop, even if he had arrested them, was gentle.

He didn’t speak with Daniel ‘bout these feelings, but he wanted to left Boston. He didn't want to meet that cop (Enos Strate, suddenly he remembered his name) anymore; he didn't want to fight with him.

Cue anyone.

John Grey was worried. He felt that something was wrong after he saw the Hazzard’s cop in Boston. He was glad that the Hazzard’s cop (he didn’t ever remember his name) was alive, but he didn’t know why he was in Boston; he hadn’t shotted at anyone before, and he remembered that the cop, even if he had arrested them, was gentle.

He didn’t speak with Daniel ‘bout these feelings, but he wanted to left Boston. He didn't want to meet that cop (Enos Strate, suddenly he remembered his name) anymore; he didn't want to fight with him.

Cue anyone.

Uncle Jesse says "Well I don't know what the rest of you're complaining it's good to take the stairs every once in a while. It's good for ya heart Enos as well and I think you would be spoiled with a elevator in the building here."

Cue Anyone

Enos smiled “If Daisy is waiting for me here, I’m no tired at all to take the stairs. Several times a day, also to 100th floorâ€, then he blushed.

Everyone laughed.

Daisy was glad to see Enos laughing.

Cue anyone.

Does someone know if Enos and Mason will capture Daniel and John Grey, or they will escape again? Stay tuned. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Walking in Boston streets, Enos was happy. It was the first time he was happy since he had moved in Boston. He was glad that Daisy was there, and also uncle Jesse and the boys.

He didn’t feel lonely anymore. The night before, when he tried to talk ‘bout Greys and Mason, uncle Jesse changed the subject, and he was glad ‘bout that. They talked and laughed, as they used to do when they were in Hazzard. He remembered when he went to Duke’s farm for dinner. The night before he felt the same warmth.

He noticed that uncle Jesse was staring at him. Enos knew that uncle Jesse understood that it was still too painful for him to talk about Daniel and John Grey. Uncle Jesse was a wise man.

At Enos apartment, the Dukes was talking about Enos.

Luke said: “Uncle Jesse. You were so worried about Enos, but he looks well. Maybe, when Daisy arrived here, he cried ‘cause he was very tired... and surprised... and, of course, happy. You worried too muchâ€

“I’m not so sure that he feels fine†answered uncle Jesse, looking at Daisy.

Cue anyone.

enos sat silently.

The quiet afternoon at the police department had enos thinking. He loved having everyone here, especially Daisy.

But that fateful day still stayed with Enos. The argument, the shooting and the transfer, everything ran through Enos's mind again and again. Last night he had the nightmare again. Did Daisy love him like he loved her? His shift was nearly over and he toyed with the idea of talking to daisy properly. He needed to know what her true feelings were.

The walk home seemed quicker than usual. He got to his door. He waited before he entered. Suddenly the door opened. There stood Daisy. Now was Enos's chance.

Cue anyone :)

Daisy smiled:†Hey, honey. Are you hungry? Uncle Jesse, Bo and Luke are visiting Boston, and I’m preparing dinner.â€

Enos stared at her, smiling gently.

How to tell what he was feeling? He was sure that Daisy knew his feelings (like everyone in Hazzard), but he didn’t know her feelings. Daisy was there with him, in Boston; she was there when he was in hospital. He was only a friend? Or she loved him?

He feared that, confessing openly his feelings, she refused him; he feared that their friendship could finish.

He swallowed:†Daisy...... I......â€

Cue anyone

"Whats the matter Enos , are you okay?" asked Daisy sensing the worry in Enos's voice.

"Daisy can we.........talk...please?"

"Okay Enos" Daisy replied but was unsure about the tone in Enos's voice.

"Daisy I.........." Enos decided that he would just say it and not beat around the bush, his confidence was slipping by the second anyway.

"I......love you daisy"

Daisy stood silently for a moment, to Enos it seemed like forever before she finally spoke.

"Well Enos i kinda knew that already" Daisy said softly before she was quickly interupted by Enos

"No Daisy you don't!, everybody in Hazzard knows, well at least they think know but they don't, and you Daisy you especially don't know how much i love you , how much i never stop thinking about you and how much i would do anything to make your life on this world as perfect as it could be......"

Enos's words were suddenly stopped by the short rasps of the phone.

Enos walked over and answered, the other end answered in a gruff voice, "Enos this is sergeant Mason, you are needed now we have a location for John and Daniel Grey. Its time to arrest them".

Enos put the phone down and went to leave but before he could Daisy stopped him.

"Enos...."

"I am sorry Daisy but i have to go, i am needed at work, i will see you later"

Daisy stood in the middle of the living room, alone, after Enos left.

She was very surprised; it was the first time Enos talked to her like that. She wondered how many times he tried to confess his feelings.

She never realized before how his love was deep.

She was still standing in amazament when uncle Jesse and the boys came back.

“Daisy, what’s happened? Where’s Enos?â€

“He said that he loves me, then he left ‘cause he was needed at workâ€

“What? Did he say that he loves you?†Luke was surprised. “It’s strange that he had the courage to confess his feelingsâ€

Uncle Jesse looked at Luke:â€Enos is changed. All Grey’s stuff (our mistake, the injury, the hospital, the transfer, the pain, the loneliness) changed himâ€.

Daisy sighed:†All the Grey’s stuff changed me too. I understood what I feel for himâ€.

Uncle Jesse and the boys stared at her, and Daisy continued:†I love him.â€

Meanwhile Enos was with Sgt. Mason.

He tried to forget Daisy, his words and possible Daisy's answer; he had to center only on Grey’s capture. Mason looked at him:â€Don’t let them escape another time, Enos Strate, or begin to search another jobâ€.

Enos was getting ready to get into his car and head off to find the grey brothers when someone approached him.

"Hey, Mason said that i am joining you for this arrest"

"Hey Howie" Howie was the only person who showed Enos friendship during his time in Boston. His relaxed and friendly persona reminded Enos of Turk, his partner in LA. Howie always cheered Enos up and always moaned about Sergeant Mason which meant that they both got on well.

"Hows your friends from hazzard enjoying Boston?"

"mmmmm alot" Enos was not really paying attention he had too much on his mind.

"Enos, man, are you alright?"

"yeah i am,"

"But....."

"you know how i was telling you about daisy and everything"

"Yep , did you tell her about how you feel?"

" I did"

"Alright!!!" Howie was happy as he was the one who encouraged Enos. "see what did i tell you ,huh, what did she say?"

"not much, i had to leave 'cuz i got Mason's call" This allowed Howie to be even more annoyed with Mason.

"damn it , that man......I hate him" Enos laughed "You don't say Howie"

"right Enos we have to forget that now 'cuz the location we were given is the next street, are you alright to do this?"

"yeah , i need to do this"

" i understand, right our backup will be waiting now"

cue i1976

They reached the location they were given. Grey’s apartment was on third floor of a 10 floor building. With the guns in their hands, they arrived at Grey’s door.

The cops looked each others, and Howie broke the door down.

They entered the apartment pointing their guns in various directions, but the apartment was empty. Enos heard steps upstairs; “Hey Howie, they saw us arriving, and they are trying to reach the flat roof. Come on. They are trappedâ€.

John was following Daniel. “Hurry up, John.†said Daniel “we have to reach the flat roof, and then the fire escape. If the cops come near, shootâ€

“I don’t want to fire at a cop anymoreâ€

“Shut up, John, and do what I sayâ€

The Dukes were in Enos’ apartment, talking about Enos’ words.

Daisy was worried, and the police’s sirens in the streets certainly didn’t calm her down.

As there were two flights of stairs in the building, Enos and Howie both ran separate ways to the roof. Howie contacted the backup to meet them at the roof. John and Daniel approached the roof. They walked around aimlessly when suddenly from the door to their right came Enos.

"Drop your weapons and lie down on the floor"

Enso created a good distraction as Howie entered the roof and immediately tackled Daniel to the ground.

John was left standing with his gun in hand unsure of what to do.

"give me the gun John" said Enos in a reassuring manner.

"Just shoot him John" Daniel screamed from the floorwhere he was being handcuffed by Howie.

John began to shake nervously.

"All my life you have told me what to do, let me get in trouble, do your dirty work" John's voice began to get angrier, "the younger brother who gets bullied by his older brother" John broke into tears. He spotted Howie bringing Daniel to his feet. "I have had enough" The tears falling more and more down his face. Suddenly a sound surrounded the roof. Daniel fell to the floor. Enos grabbed John and handcuffed him.

The doors slammed open as the backup arrived.

Later Enos was ready to leave before Sergeant Mason stopped him.

"Can i talk to you please Enos?" It was the first time please had been used by Mason.

"sure"

" i want to apoligise, you did a god job today. It was a difficult problem to overcome and you did good kid"

"thank you sir"

On his way home Enos became nervous, yes he had completed one difficult job , but another was on its way. He had yet to hear Daisy's feelings. He feared the worst, that the nightmare would become reality.

Uncle Jesse was sleeping on the couch, while the boys were sleeping in their sleeping bags in Enos’ bedroom.

Daisy was still awake even if it was 2 a.m. An ambulance’s siren had scared her a couple of hours before. She wondered where Enos was, what he was doing, and, above all, if he was safe. She didn’t want to live again the last spring’s terrible experience.

She was thinking of Enos’ words; now she knew her feelings (she loved him), but she didn’t know how to say it to him.

She was sitting at the table near the window when Enos opened the door. He seemed very tired, and he stared at her.

She knew what to do immediatly. She stood up, approaching him. When she was in front of him, she hugged him and she kissed him.

Enso suddenly became shy.

"You don't have to be nervous Enos" said Daisy in a reassuring voice.

"I know but i can't help it, you always make me feel nervous"

Daisy smiled.

"what was the kiss for anyway?"

It was my answer to you"

Enos looked down and smiled "It was a good answer" They both laughed quietly.

"i do love you Enos, very much" Daisy gently eased Enos's face so that it would be looking at hers. Their eyes met. "i have realised that you, Enos, are the most perfect person for me"

At this they both entered a long , passionate kiss.

cue i1976:)

They were still kissing when uncle Jesse, who’s sleeping on the couch, opened his eyes.

He saw them kissing, and he smiled silently, not moving ‘cause he did’nt want they stopped.

Uncle Jesse knew Daisy’s real feelings since the Hazzard’s shooting (or even before) and since Enos was in hospital: he was glad that now also Daisy knew her true feelings, ‘cause he liked Enos and trusted him.

When they stopped kissing, Enos realized that uncle Jesse was awake and he was looking at them. He blushed, embarrassed.

Uncle Jesse laughed, and his laugh awake Bo and Luke in the near room.

When the boys entered the living room, Enos was more and more embarrassed.

“Hey, what’s happenedâ€, said Bo, yawning.

“I... I arrested John Grey. ... but Daniel......†he looked away.

Daisy took his hand.

Uncle Jesse stood up:â€Enos, it’s time to talk about what’s happened from that day in Hazzardâ€.

Enos held Daisy’s hand.

The subject of what had happened since the shooting was not something that Enos wanted to get into especially at 3 o' clock in the morning. But with everyone awaiting him to talk made up his mind for him.

"Well......." What was Enos going to start with? Everything had happened since the day in Hazzard. Enos held Daisy's hand tighter then let go and walked over to the table.

"After i didn't catch the grey brothers i was transfered to Boston which is where they had fled to. See a transfer is something that everybody in the cop world looks down at you for, so i haven't had a fantastic time, although Howie has been a good friend to me, he went through the same situation.

"So you mean that this Mason fella that Daisy was talking about has been unfair to you?" asked Jesse in a thoughtful way.

"Yeah sort of, well he is just set in his way of being rude" Enos let out a shy laugh. "He did thank me for doing my job, in so many words, you can tell that he doesn't often give praise to anyone"

"What happened with you when Daisy first visited, cuz when she called it sounded as if you were, well, not yourself?" quizzed Bo.

cue i1976

Enos understood that it was time to talk about everything he had tought and suffered in the last months. He had avoided that talks for too long.

He looked out of the window, unable to look at them, and he began to speak. “When I woke up in the hospital, the first person I saw was Sergeant Mason: he told me that you helped Grey brothers to escape after the robbery, but I didn’t believe him. He wanted that I accused you of helping them escape from prison, but I lied, telling him that it was only my fault. That’s why I have been transferredâ€.

The Dukes, hearing that words, looked down.

Enos continued:†I didn’t want let you know that, so I avoided you. When I arrived in Boston, I didn’t like it, my colleagues (except Howie), the city, staying away from Hazzard, but I had no choice. I didn’t call or write you ‘cause it was too painful. When I saw Daisy, here, I was so surprised that I couldn’t hide anymore the pain and confusion I was feeling. And I’m also glad to see you all. But I also avoided you, ‘cause.... “ he looked at them, taking a deep breath “deep in my heart, during these months, I don’t know if I have forgiven you for helping John and Daniel Grey to escape from prison that day. Why did you help them? Why did you trust them more than me? I know that in Hazzard, sometimes, I arrested innocent people following Boss’ commands, but I’ve always let you help that people, pretending to try to stop you. But the Greys were not innocent people, and I had told you that; but you trusted their words more than my ones†.

The Dukes were shocked hearing Enos words.

Cue Holly13.

The boys felt upset for letting their best friend down. Uncle Jesse was ashamed and Daisy felt like crying. She had told him how she felt but she could not believe that what she had done, by helping the grey brothers, had led to all this happening to Enos.

The dukes were unaware that the transfer was Enos's own doing. He had trusted them and as a result refused to believe what Mason had told him, when in fact it was true.

Jesse spoke for his family, "Enos, we don't know what to say"

Luke joined in "yeah, we can't blame you for not fully forgiving us, i mean we went against everything, we forgot that you are our best friend. We are all very sorry Enos" Nobody spoke. For Enos,telling the dukes this had been hard, not as hard for the dukes to stand there and listen to it though.

The clock bleeped as it approached 4 o clock.

The boys on Jesse's command went back to bed, which left Daisy and Enos.

What was Daisy going to say? She had told this man that she loved him, how could he believe her when she had gone against his word, the most trustworthy word in all of Hazzard.

cue i1976

Uncle Jesse went with the boys in Enos’ bedroom, so Daisy and Enos were alone in the living room. They looked in their eyes; Enos saw the pain in Daisy’s eyes, and he felt sad.

“Enos, I didn’t know how you’re feeling. I felt so..... sad... and stupid... and guilty... for that quarrel, and for that slap. I don’t know how I could do that. You were right to be angry with me and with my family. We deserve itâ€

“Stop, Daisy, please. Only very good friends quarrel. We have talked, and now we can start a new life. And†he smiled at her “please, now, let me sleep. I’m so tiredâ€

Uncle Jesse was talking with Bo and Luke:†Well, boys, we faced our mistakes and the wounds they’ve left. Now you’ve understand it, we can start a new life. Enos is our friend, and he’ll be forever our friend. And now, try to sleepâ€

The next morning, when uncle Jesse and the boys entered the living room, Enos and Daisy were sleeping on the couch.

Jesse tried not to make too much noise as he didn't want to disturb them. Daisy was a light sleeper and woke as soon as the sound of crashing pans filled the apartment. Enos , didn't even move , Daisy laughed and stroked his face. Enos was a very deep sleeper.

She got up to help Jesse with the breakfast.

"You don't have to get up Daisy, i haven't woke Enos have i?"

Daisy laughed again "Uncle Jesse i don't think even an earthquake could wake Enos up"

Enos did eventually wake up and everybody sat down to have breakfast, which turned out to be more like a lunch considering the time. Enso told everyone how now his job was complete he could return to Hazzard. They all decided that after they had eaten they would get ready to return to Hazzard.

cue i1976

Enos returned to Hazzard. He was very happy to be at home. He was a new man: he had confessed his feelings to Daisy, he had proved his skills as a cop, and he had talked to Dukes ‘bout the fact he didn’t want to be treated like a puppet anymore. Moreover, he refused to accomplish Boss’ schemes; Rosco wasn’t glad ‘bout that, but he liked Enos and he accepted his behaviour.

Daisy seemed the happiest woman in the world planning her wedding with Enos.

Uncle Jesse was proud of Enos and he was very happy that Daisy loved him.

Bo and Luke, at the beginning, had some difficult to accept Enos and Daisy relationship ‘cause they were overprotective, but then they understood that Enos was the best man for her.

A new life was beginning in Hazzard.

THE END.