His Prison, Her Prison

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. Bo Duke laid the bar and weights back on their hooks and took a couple of deep breaths to stabalize his heartrate. The top of the blue prison jumpsuit was wrapped around his waist, exposing the green regulation tank top he wore underneath. Of course he couldn't go outside soaking wet like he was, it was early January and he'd probably catch a cold.

Bo sighed at the thought, he'd spent both Christmas night, and New Years basically alone. The only company he'd had was Carlos, a friend of his there at the prison, and Jacob. Both of which hung around him only because he could protect them. As a matter of fact, that was the exact same way he spent every night of the last four years.

Nonetheless he accepted their company, no matter how shallow it was.

As he rested Bo pondered those same things he pondered at least once every three hours or so. Would Luke ever wake up? And if he did would he ever forgive Bo? Maybe one of these days Daisy would forgive him and walk in through the visitors station.

Those hopes were the only thing that kept him going. That and that he only had a year left...But what was the point of getting out if all that awaited him was a family that hated him?

CUE Anyone

~She-Wolf

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bo hadn't heard anything of hia family since the accident all those years ago. He didn't know if Luke had woken up, didn't know if his family ever wanted to see him again but judging by the lack of visits then he guessed that they didn't....

But what Bo and also the rest of the duke family didn't know was that Boss' scheme was more than to just put one of the duke's behind bars....it was also to break up that troublesome family so he could have his way with hazzard county without them pocking their noses in. he hadn't meant for Luke to get so hurt, he had just gotten in the way at the wrong time....but he knew that if Bo was kept away from his family, made to think they hated him for what had happened, then the Dukes would be no more.....

Daisy prepared for her weekly trip to Atlanta to visit Luke. Glancing over at Uncle Jesse shuffling over to the barn to feed the animals she closed her eyes. He'd been heartbroken after what Bo had done. Then being told that Luke would probably never wake up to tell what had happened that night.

It was so sad watching her uncle. He'd stopped going to see Luke only a year ago. Neither even spoke about visiting Bo. Daisy thought about it sometimes, but it was only replaced with a thick feeling of pain and betrayal.

She still hadn't forgiven him for what he'd done.

Pushing the thoughts of her younger cousin aside she placed the biscuits and two sandwiches in the basket she brought with her. Enos had been so nice, he and Cooter were always helping out around the farm. Even Rosco sometimes, he was one of the many who felt guilty for that night.

VVVVV

Bo watched the new guy sitting next to him. "You know if you aren't going to eat your mashed potatoes I'll have them," The man said.

"Sure," Bo replied, the mashed potatoes were junk and if this guy could eat them there would be a certain amount of respect. Nobody else in the prison could keep them down.

"You seem like a nice fella," The man said, "What are you in for?"

"Only if you tell me what you're in for."

"Fraud. Five years."

Bo smiled nervously, he'd hoped the guy wouldn't respond so he wouldn't have to say, "Assault. Attempted Murder. Fifteen, next year around this time I'm eligable for parole though." Bo found himself biting his lip. Of course. If he died from the injuries Bo would go down for murder one. The detectives had enough evidence. All Daisy or Uncle Jesse had to do was decide to pull the plug. Luke would finally pass on, and after that there was about a ninty percent chance Bo would find himself on Death Row.

But...If Luke could just wake up and tell them what really happened. If he cousin could save him just one more time...

Heh...wishful thinking.

CUE Anyone

~She-Wolf

Bo sighed and shook hs head, even with the brotherly bond that he and Luke had always shared he couldn't even sense if his cousin was still with them or not. Every night he prayed and pleaded with Luke to come back and save him....every night he wept silently for his older cousin who he had hurt....of course he hadn't meant to, he would never hurt Luke on purpose....but all evidence they had against him pointed otherwise....and it all had conviently been easy to find....

Enos was a comparitavly safe driver compared to most people in Hazzard. When he wasn't in Hot Persuit. He pulled up to the Duke farm and climbed out. Garbed in coat and tie atire he sauntered over to Uncle Jesse, who was feeding the chickens outside the barn. "Hiya, Uncle Jesse."

"I ain't yer Uncle Jesse."

Enos sighed, what Bo had done to them had broken the hearts of everybody in the Duke family. Nobody in Hazzard could have seen that coming. Those boys were like two sides of the same coin and Enos could never imagine Bo had it in him to hurt Luke like he did. And he never reckoned he'd get the image of the guards dragging Bo away out of his head. How he struggled and cried at the top of his lungs that he was innocent. But what had truly hurt the youngest Duke was when Daisy and Uncle Jesse literally turned their backs on him and walked out the court. After that, Bo had just quit struggling and quit yelling.

It was tragic, deep down Enos always wondered if Bo was telling the truth and he hadn't meant to hurt his cousin.

Glancing over at the General Lee, now covered by a thick gray tarp, another wave of sadness hit him. Daisy suddenly came out of the house and strode over to him a picnic basket in one hand. As always, she managed to instantly lighten his mood, "Hi Enos."

"Hi Daisy."

As they said goodbye to Uncle Jesse Enos found himself wondering. The thought came to him that they could visit Bo today too. There would be enough time to get from the hospital to the prison before visiting hours were over. He was also a little afraid, last time he'd suggested that Daisy had a fit. Then again, the last time he'd suggested it had been four years ago. When it had just happened.

When they were on the road and halfway out of Hazzard, Enos got up all the strength he had, "Daisy...I was just wonderin'...maybe we should visit Bo today too."

CUE Anyone

~She-Wolf

Daisy stiffened in her seat at the mention of Bo's name, and the thought that so often rang through her head rode through again. Was it entirly fair that they had just abandoned Bo as they had done? After the sentenceing, she and Uncle jesse had just stormed out of the court room leaving behind a heart broken Duke....

she didn't understand it, the most important thing in the world to a Duke was family and Bo was one of the firmest believers of that. So how in the world did Bo manage to intentionally hurt a member of that family, especially someone who he loved and cared for so deeply that being seperated from him had made him physically sick....

Her thoughts then turned to Luke, lying in the hospital bed as he had been for the past 4 years with no significant improvement....if only he would wake up and tell them the truth of what happened....at least then she could rid herself of the terrible nagging feeling that they had all done something so terribly terribly wrong in abandoning Bo.

She softened slightly and looked over at Enos....she knew that the news about Bo had hit him hard too, after all Enos was practically a duke he was such a close family friend....so why on earth did he insist on seeing Bo...

"Enos.....do you know something....about what happened? Is that why yer so all fired anxious to see Bo?"

As soon as the words left Enos's lips he'd braced himself for the yelling. But it never came, there was only a long pause. For quite a while Enos thought she was pretending he hadn't asked the question or was just giving him the cold shoulder until she finally spoke.

"Enos.....do you know something....about what happened? Is that why yer so all fired anxious to see Bo?"

He answered honestly, "I wish I were so sure Daisy. But I swear if Boss was up to something I knew about I'd of told you."

"I know Enos..."

"It's just that. I never thought he would do that to Luke. I have to admit...deep down I still don't."

"But all those things...tire iron. Bo's fingerprints all over it...Lukes blood."

Enos frowned, and decided to go out on a limb he'd been afraid to go out on, "But Daisy. You can't rightly believe Bo did it?"

She didn't look at him, just kept her eyes firmly on the road, and her hands gripping the steering wheel so hard Enos was afraid he'd gone to far too soon. "I used to think so, Enos. But the evidence at the trial was enough to convince me: He tried to murder Luke."

CUE

~She-Wolf

Enos sighed and looked back to the front. Yes, the evidence had all pointed in that direction....but then again it wasn't exactly hard to frame someone for that....especally not when Boss Hogg was invloved.

Once more he spoke his mind, terrified when Daisy was mad but still wanting to tell her how he felt.

"Daisy....I really don't think Bo's capable of that....and I mean....well....what had he got to gain by gettin' Luke out the way? There's a motive behind everythin Daisy and I can't see one here.....I really think somethin' wierd is going on here and....i want to....i want to check it out further...."

he winced and ducked a little in his seat, waitng for the shouting.

Daisy paused, wishing he'd just leave the subject alone. Then again, the only motive the prosecution had given was that Bo wanted General Lee all to himself. Which at the time Daisy hadn't doubted. But Bo and Luke had always shared the General Lee...

It wasn't hard to plant evidence.

No...Boss hadn't planted Luke's blood on the tire iron, the medical examiner they talked to said it was impossible. But Daisy knew that even Boss wasn't crooked enough to hire somebody to do that to Luke. Bo had to have done something.

"Enos...I really don't want to talk about it. You feel free to check it out. But I honestly don't believe you'll find anything different."

~She-Wolf

Enos sighed softly, watching Daisy with a heavy heart. He had known the Dukes for a long time and never had they given up so eaisly when one of their own was facing something like this....he wondered if even Luke would want Bo to live like he was at the moment....

"I am gonna Daisy...I'm sorry but I can't believe that Bo really would want to hurt Luke I just can't. I'm sorry Daisy, but it also hurts seein' y'all torn apart like ya have been and I can't stand by and watch my best friends all be ruined because of somethin' that may not be true....."

Enos knew the words had been bold and had really spoke before thinking. He got afraid of her again. Instead she just slipped her hand over to his. "Thank you Enos...You're a good friend to me. And a good cop."

He found himself smiling despite her hopelessness that he would find anything new, "I don't think I've ever been called that before. Usually dipstick. Never 'Good Cop'."

~She-Wolf

Daisy chuckled slightly

"You are a good cop Enos....Rosco's just jealous that he ain't as good as you is all...."

As the silence fell once more, Daisy turned her attention back to the road and Bo. she loved Bo deep in her heart and she just couldn't understand why on earth she was so firmly set that Bo was guilty as charged. Odd things always happened in Hazzard and they always semed to happen to Bo and Luke....how had everything turned so drastically wrong?

They drove in silence until they reached Atlanta General Hospital. Daisy and Enos signed in at the front desk and even though they knew the routine the nurse still took them to the room and told them they would have fifteen minutes before the orderly had to come in and change the sheets.

Enos watched as Daisy sat down on the chair next to Luke's bed and began to talk to him. It was sad...the blow Luke had taken to the head had healed mostly, but he couldn't breathe on his own. If they took him off life support, he'd die. He was hooked up to all kinds of machines. He listened in on what Daisy was saying:

"Luke...this family's falling apart. We need you back. Just so we know we were right to leave Bo like we did."

Enos licked his lips and prepared to say what he wanted to to Luke, "Luke...If you can hear me, I just want you to know that. That I'm gonna look in to what happened. I'm gonna find out if Bo meant to do that to you. So just know that even if you can't find the strength to wake up just now, that when you do wake up Bo's gonna be right here with you and the rest of the family."

~She-Wolf

Daisy sighed a little, looking over to Enod

"Enos don't make promises like that....Bo probably don't even care cause he was the one who put Luke here....I wouldn't be surprised if he just turns tale and runs without ever thinkin' bout Luke again."

Enos looked down at the floor, shaking his head. He refused to believe that about Bo, he refused to believe that Bo cared so little and he couldn't wait to go and see him so he could confirm to Daisy what he believed to be true.

After their time at the hospital was up they drove to a nice little park in the outskirts of the city. They ate the biscuits and the sandwiches that Daisy had prepared. Enos spoke no more of their discussion about Bo. He was quite fortunate she'd reacted the way she did and hadn't taken his head clean off. After he dropped Daisy off he'd claim he was on official police buisness then he could come to the prison as late as he wanted. If Bo gave him some way of finding out what happened that night, then he'd tell Daisy. And if there wasn't, and Bo was the person they were all taking him for, then Daisy never had to know about it.

VVVVV

Bo had taken to reading as a time passer. That and excersize of some kind. Every friday if there wasn't some kind of riot they had a movie playing. Every now and then they got a good one, but even if it was a bad movie everyone took the oppertunity to get out of their cell for a little while. Right now he was reading a science fiction novel, it was late and soon he wouldn't get to read in the library anymore.

It was funny how prison would make you take pleasure in the littlest things that you never really did before. Like books and bad movies.

"Bo Duke!" A guard walked into the library and called out.

Remaining quiet, Bo rose from his seet and walked over to the guard, "That's me."

"You have a visitor."

~She-Wolf

Bo frowned, a little wary as to who it might be. He knew it couldn't be any memeber of his family, they hadn't conacted him in 4 years why would they start now.

he walked silently with the guard to the visiting room and nearly reeled backwards when he saw Enos standing there.

"Enos! What the heck are you doin' here?"

"Hiya, Bo."

Bo was stunned at his grinning friend. He walked over and shook Enos's hand. Not being able to hold it back any longer he simply hugged him. It had been so long since he'd seen Enos. When they seperated he asked the one question that had plauged him every day for years, "Is Luke alive?"

"Course Bo. He ain't woke up yet. But he's alive."

Bo nearly collapsed to the ground, "...Thank god...I was always worried he wasn't alive no more...that I'd have to spend another eleven years here." For if Luke had died from his injuries there was no way the parole board would give it too him.

Then he went to the inevitable question, "Enos, why are you here?"

~She-Wolf

Enos frowned slightly and gently guided his friend to a seat. Bo appeared to be the same old Bo....although his appearence had drastically changed. His thin figure had gotten worse, he was like a rake, his dark eyes showed the nights that he had missed sleep and it looked like there was a lot of them....Bo looked ill although his eyes shone with a joy of seeing a friendly face.

"Bo...I want ta help ya find the truth....I's been tryin' ta convince yer family and all to help but....they don't want ta but I don't believe you'd hurt Luke so bad Bo....I need ya ta tell me what happened that night....please....if ya could...."

Bo folded his hands and waited a long time, trying to see if he could gather the strength. Finally he sighed, "It started that morning. I was just walkin' to get the danged groceries. Luke wasn't with me. When I was done I was drivin' back to the farm and I don't know how but suddenly my tire blew out. I got out and..." Bo paused trying to regain his strength, "And I have no idea where they came from. They slipped this bag over my head. Tied me up and dragged me off somewhere. I don't know how long I was passed out. But by the time I woke up I was in some weird warehouse. I don't know what I used to cut the ropes, but it was some kind of metal. When I pulled the bag off it was real dark and I was alone. Then..." the tears came to his eyes, "Then I groped around in this tool box and pulled out the danged tire iron. I heard someone coming and I waited at the door...the guy came through and I hit him in the head with the tire iron."

Enos couldn't contain his gasp, "Luke?"

Bo didn't even try to contain his tears, "Yeah...Enos. You have to believe me it was an accident. I don't belong here. I...I never meant to do that to him." He broke off suddenly wracked with sobs, sobs that he'd held in for four long years. Bo was comforted greatly when Enos walked over and laid a hand on his shoulder.

~She-Wolf

Enos had to take a firmer grip on Bo however as he felt the young man collapse underneath his hand. He grabbed Bo under the arms and gently lowered him to the ground.

Bo was exhausted and Enos was shocked at just how much weight Bo had lost. Bo was not healthy at all, although at first glance he appeared to be just fine. He dug out his handkerchief and gently wiped the tears away from Bo's cheeks, resting his shoulder's against his (enos's) legs and trying his best to soothe the young man...he needed to see a doctor....

"Hey!" Enos called to a guard outside, "What do you have in way of a medic? He needs help." The tone in his voice was a commanding one he'd never known he had in him. The guard mumbled a yessir and dashed off.

"Bo...how much you been eating?"

He got no reaction, just more sobs. Enos just tried to calm him down but he didn't know how. All he could really do was just hold the younger man until the doctor showed up.

A young man in a labcoat came through the door and bent down to take Bo's pulse and temperature. "Deputy, could you help me get him back to my office?"

"Sure thing doc." With that he helped the doctor lift Bo onto a stretcher and get him back to the office that served as a hospital wing.

~She-Wolf

Enos stayed with Bo all the way to the hospital wing, concerned as Bo seemed to now be starting to slip in and out of conciousness.

"Hey Bo....Bo buddy ya gotta listen to me now...stay awake fer me Bo...."

Bo sobbed more, his head now starting to hurt from the crying and his whole body just felt to weak.

"I didn't mean ta hurt him Enos....oh god I just want Luke here so bad ta tell me everything's alright....but it ain't and it never will be will it...."

"Bo don't talk like that. It's gonna be alright." He walked briskly, in step with the stretcher. Bo slipped out of conciousness again, and came back. Enos couldn't even imagine the pain the young Duke was going through. His family had abandoned him when he was sent to jail for a crime he didn't mean to commit. And his best friend might never wake up because of a mistake.

Enos had never felt such pain as he did watching the young man writhe on that stretcher.

"Bo...You have my word I'm gonna make this right." He said, although Bo had already gone into unconciousness again. "I'm gonna make it right..."

"Deputy, you're gonna have to wait out here."

Resentfully, Enos slowed to a slow walk and then a stop as he watched the doctor dissapear with Bo behind the door. Man he had a lot on his mind. He would make it right...he would find evidence that cleared Bo and he would get that family back together.

But now Bo was sick too.

Enos couldn't do it all on his own...he was just one man.

He was also the one man who believed Bo was innocent.

~She-Wolf

Enos sighed and sat outside on one of the chairs. he figured if Bo was sick then he might as well find out just how bad before he went back and told Jesse and Daisy...not that he knew if it would affect them in anyway.

he prayed and prayed for Bo to be alright....he had to be better for hsi parole release. He needed his family and he needed them right away, the only problem was, they didn't want anything to do with Bo and Enos didn't even know how to convince them.

Daisy was washing dishes when it came to her. A sudden cold came over her. She shuddered. Oh no, the first thought that came to her was Luke. Placing one of the dishes quickly on the towel she shot over to the phone and dialed the hospital number.

Unfortunatly she dialed it so fast the first time she accidently pressed an extra number. "Aw, shoot...cummon. Common..." She begged the phone.

"Hello?" The receptionist said.

"Hi, I'm Daisy Duke callin' to find out about my cousin?"

"Sure hon, what's his name?"

"Lukas Kristopher Duke."

"There was no change in his condition."

Daisy frowned, her brow furrowed, "What was the last time you looked?"

"Just a minute ago. I don't know what you're worried about."

Bidding him goodbye and hanging up the phone she bit her lip. If it hadn't been about Luke why had she suddenly gotten that chill?

VVVVV

Enos bolted upright as the doctor walked out of his office. Swallowing and preparing himself for the worst he straightened his back and met the doctor halfway.

~She-Wolf