Book - "Unoffical Companion" DOH

Capt_Redneck

hey y'all ..

I just to get everybodies opinion on this here book - The Dukes Of Hazzrd (the unoffical companion) by David Hofstede. Maybe some ways to improve the book or just thoughts on it....

I am sure most of y'all got this book anyways....

I like the book, just wish that there were maybe a photo section in it, some cast pictures, behind the scene stuff.....things like that...

Any thoughts?

Darrell

Darrell, the Unofficial Companion book was a good groundbreaker, in my opinion - while leavin' plenty of room for more to be said. I'd like to see the book followed up by even more books about the show, the reunions, and the fandom itself.

Not sure why there haven't already been more books on it. Unless Dukes fans, as a whole, are too laid back to get into the whole publishing thang. ( if the lazy moderators of HazzardNet serve as any example, there ya have it. )

Brian

Brian

I would like to see the book updated when and if the movie comes out to at least include it up to it...It can be updated with cast pictures , maybe some trivia, maybe updates on the cast of the original series, or commentaries from them...

They did that with the Beverly Hillbillies book. It came out and then when they did the movie in the mid 90's , they re-published the book with updates and to include the movie. I am hoping something like that happens. I think it is a good book, since it is the only one like it about the DOH.

I also like your ideas of the fandom aspect. Maybe someone(publishers) will see that there is a market for continuing stories of a popular show. There are tons of books like that, StarTrek , Star Wars, etc. come to mind.

All in all, I still think we are lucky to have at least one book on our favorite show. Well enough of my rambling now....

Darrell

If they do release the unofficial companion with an update for the movie, I hope they correct all the glaring errors in it first. ROFL.

Most notably, Daisy's yellow car is referred to as a Charger and a blue Ford Torino that made an appearance in a couple of episodes is also referred to as a Charger. More than that, the author goes on to say how there were always extra Chargers around so sometimes they would paint up one in a different color to use in an episode.

Yeah right.

The only....THE ONLY person who ever came to Hazzard driving the same make and model Charger was Cale Yarbourough and his white Dodge Charger testing race car. In order to help Cale get away from Boss and Rosco they painted up his car to look like General Lee and Cooter had another Charger that they painted up to look like the General.

That error has bugged me from day one. LOL. But that's why it's the "unofficial" companion.

• 11 months later...

Yes I got DOH book and look really and really ace! :D I like list of episodes and pictures and also characters.. but I not sure they update new book for after new movie? like add update as memories as Denver Pyle, Sorrell Booke, Wayon Jennings, Paul Picard? and also movie as Reunion, and return the hollywood also games PS? I like to see add update same kind of book... like second edition.. from old first edition like that.. what think that guys? thanks. :)