R.J.s' 1984 Firebird.

R.J.1984

Although I love the Dukes of Hazzard - I must say that my all time fav t.v. show is Knight Rider. Which would explain why my dream car is a 1982 Firebird with T-tops. I may not have the year that I like - but I still have the general type and it does have T-tops. It is a 2.8 litre V-6 with a five speed standard transmission. the colour was originally a fadded brown - which looked grey - but now it is black. it will look alot better when it is finally completed. I have to fix the whole thing up and safety it before i can drive it. Once I have it fixed up - i will be showing before and after pics on the net at this site - if people want to see them, as well as at KnightRiderOnline.com for those fans of the Show Knight Rider. Right now there is too much wrong with it for me to say all of it. But once it is fixed and on the road - i will let every one know what all I did to it and how long everything took me. But that is only if people from this site want to see it. Look forward to seeing what kind of response you people have.

Till Then - Cya.

I would be interested in seeing it becasue I'm the proud owner of a 1986 Firebird. Oddly enough it's similar to yours RJ, 2.8 V6 with a 5-speed manual trans. It's black (always has been far as I know), grey interior, has T-tops, slightly oversized tires, red pinstripe down the side. Known affectinately as "Maverick." :)

I've had it for 5 years and I can recall one time not long after I got it, one of the customers at the bank I work at, saw the car in the parking lot and was checking it all over. Then he comes in and says "Looks like KITT!" LOL.

I have some pics, I'll post one later. I don't have on this computer that I'm on right now.

• 2 weeks later...

In case any of you Firebird fans are interested, JC Whitney has the KITT lights for sale... I may just see if they'll work on a '98 Trans Am. LOL. Also, for some great graphics (if you're not doing a KITT replica), try Phoenix Grafix (http://www.phoenixgraphix.com). I bought some really cool patriotic decals for the license plate cover, the Pontiac name on the headlight covers and for the Pontiac name on the back bumper. I don't think I got them from Phoenix, however, and I can't seem to find the website anymore. I'll post here if I ever find the website again.

Btw, anyone interested in separate car forums? I have two domain names I bought with some ideas to develop them, but just haven't had time. One's a Trans Am/Firebird oriented site and one's more general classic car oriented. Lemme know if any of you'd be interested and I'll set 'em up!

-Mufn