Double Duke Trouble

BoJamesDuke

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke climbs the rest of the way out of the car joining Bo at the picnic table eyeing the look on Jesse's face warily not sure Bo ain't right about the whipping.

"Gee your just all kinds of help today"

Jesse continues to reguard the two miscreants with a hard stare but the pure joy on Bo's face and the wary look on Luke's face makes him grin to know they both still have enough respect to know he'd do it if necessary.

"You two's give me all this grey hair but ya keep it up and I'll be as bald as J.D"

Luke chuckles at this then turns his head toward the road as Daisy's jeep can be heard coming around the corner.

Bo grinned and reached up to ruffle Luke's hair, something he knew he hated simply because Bo was tall enough to do that....Luke could never figure out how Bo had managed to get so tall.

"I know....I gotta help Uncle Jesse control ya somehow!"

He too looked to the road and waved as Daisy sped round the corner, B.L riding shotgun

Luke dodges away from Bo's hand giving him a menacing look.

"Quit Bo...Uncle Jesse's been doin' ok on his own all my life"

Jesse laughs as the two banter his irritation forgotten as the girls come around the corner,waving in greeting.

B.L. waves back at the men at the picnic table grinning at the mirade of expressions on their faces. Inclining her head in the direction of the boys she glances at Daisy

"Those two look like walking trouble"

Daisy laughed as she pulled into the farmyard.

"Yeah they sure do....doesn't Bo look so much better?! Wonder what the heck Luke did to him!"

Bo grinned at Luke, laughing slightly and leaning back against the picnic table, starting to feel the sting and pain of the welt on his back again as well as the exhaustion of the day but he was determined to stay awake. He was too happy to go to sleep now and suffer another nightmare.

B.L. laughs looking at the two cousins again,Luke looking slightly perturbed about something,nodding

"Yeah he looks like a new man.....whatever Luke did it's gotta be the best medicine in the world."

Climbing from the passenger side of the Jeep her tiredness from not being used to the work at the Boars Nest forgotten as she literally bounces to the boys and Uncle Jesse,excited about telling them about her new job.

Luke gently whacks Bo in the back of the head before a grin of his own appears on his face. It'd been a long day but in his mind a very productive one. Bo'd left his fears behind at the old abandoned shack being the biggest thing to happen that day.

Luke stands stretching his muscles

"I'd better get started on the chores."

Patting Bo on the knee he walks over to the barn

B.L. stretches her long legs out glancing at Bo his yawn having not escaped her. The tiredness she'd felt earlier creeping back into her bones as she leans back against the table eyes turned toward the sky and closed. Sighing but she doesn't move

"Guess I should go help Uncle Jesse and Daisy with supper"

Bo's grin faltered a little as everyone walked away to get working on their usual routine. He couldn't help but feel a little left out, knowing the minute he tried to help he would probably be told to sit down and rest as per usual nowadays. But as quickly as it faded it snapped back on and he turned to B.L.

"Yeah you really should.....we ain't lettin' you stay here free ya know."

He grinned and moved to standing before B.L could have the chance to slap the back of his head that she was so fond of doing. He headed carefully over to the barn, watching as B.L laughed and wearily pulled herself to her feet, walking inside the farm house. He quickly ducked behind the barn and checked around for Luke before heading in and over to the bags of feed for the animals.

B.L. sticks her tounge out at Bo's departing back as she steps into the house.

"What can I do to help?"

Uncle Jesse looks up as she comes in the door handing her a bowl of beans

"Snap these"

B.L. takes the bowl sitting at the table beginning to string and snap the beans.

Luke is bringing the horses in from the pasture back to their stalls, seeing Bo getting feed out of the bags an evil smile appears on his face as he booms in his best imitation of Uncle Jesse's authoratative tone

"Bo what in tarnation do you think your doing!"

Bo jerked as he the yell caught him by surprise, snapping round to see Luke standing there grinning and laughing, knowing that Luke was getting his payback for earlier in the day. He laughs along slightly, still acting mock angry though.

"Gees Luke what ya tryin' ta do put me back in the hospital with heart faliure?"

He scoops some more feed out the bags, putting them in the different appropriate bags that they carried around as they made their evening rounds.

Luke opens his mouth to speak but for once no snappy retort comes out. So he settles for just shaking his head with a deadpan expression. Then grumbles good naturedly

"Yeah.......yeah..."

Walking over to Maudine the mule's stall,giving her water before doing the same for Bonnie Mae the goat. Once all the animals are watered Luke gets the baby bottle from the shelf and putting the powdered milk from the bag in and filling it with water. Shaking the mixture well before catching the runt piglet and sitting on a bale of hay to feed it the mixture.

Bo looked over smiling again at Luke, before bracing himself as he picked up a the two bags of feed he had been filling, hissing silently as it pulled at the welt, slightly amazed that he had any strength at all. He usually would have taken much more than what was in the bags but he couldn't handle that much yet and he knew it.

He walked past Luke, smiling affectionatly at the little piglet as he passed, crossing over to Maudine and rubbing her nose gently as she nuzzled his arm. He tipped some of the feed into the small holder and gently scratched behind her ears before moving on.