Almost a dream come true!

redneck woman

I was visiting my family a couple of weekends ago at the farm and my older brother conned me into going to Walmart with him. Being the dutiful sister I am, and also bored out of my mind, I went with him. It's about a 20 minute drive to town, Lake of the Ozarks Missouri, and we had just hit the city limits. My brother is yammering away about this and that, mostly stuff about engines and tractors, his first tractor pull of the year, etc, etc. I'm mostly looking out my window in the truck when he says something that caught my interest, I can't remember now what it was, and I turned to look at him. What do my eyes behold? A GENERAL LEE!!! It was sitting in the bay of the Midas garage. Well, being the Dukes fan that I am I immediately let out a scream. Eric jerks around to look at me like I'm nuts. What! He yells at me. I start pointing back over his shoulder and yelling General Lee, there's a General Lee! He immediately jerks his head around to look too and at the same time jerks the truck wheel. The truck starts heading for the ditch, but neither one of us notices because we're staring with stars in our eyes at the General sitting there so proudly and shining underneath the lights. Eric got the truck straightened out in time and we headed on to Walmart, despite my begging to go back and get a closer look. Eric's a Dukes fan too, but apparently not as much as I am. :roll:

What a shock seeing one around my town. Anyway, I was so close but so far from getting to see the General Lee up close and personal. I know a lot of you on here have seen the General close up or have your own, but I never have so don't think I'm too crazy for going on about a little glimpse. So if anyone on here lives around the Lake of the Ozarks and had your General Lee in the Midas Garage, I just wanted to let you know that even that little glimpse made my day! Much obliged!!!

I've never seen a real live General Lee. Although there was one at the car show a few years ago, he came along with Ben Jones.

And I have only seen three or four Chargers in my city, they were never as popular up here. One was sitting in the supermarket parking lot, and it was a ragtop!! I was gonna hijack it! It was sitting in the disabled spot, so it was probably some little old lady, I coulda taken her!

Another time I was driving down the road to a picnic with my cousin in the backseat and we passed a Charger, a 69! Going the other way, and I nearly crashed the car I was so excited, she could have cared less.

Hopefully someday I'll have my own General Lee!! Now that would be awesome! :D