Plans for Hazzard

AmandaRobson

"What's this?" Amanda asked as a stack of papers slapped to the glass desk top. "I didn't read it, it's marked confidental." Jake Thruber snapped back, his usual grumpy self.

"You're a lovely man, do ya know that Jake?" Amanda replied, the hint of sarcasm etched into her voice. "Thanks boss." He mumbled, already walking through her office door.

Amanda rolled her deep green eyes and sat back in her chair, prepared to read the latest crime against the envrionment that she held in her hands.

~~~~~

"By the look on your face Ms. Robson, I'd say you've heard the news." Boss Jefferson Davis Hogg snickered as he pushed into Amanda's office, Jake trying to hold him back, "You can't go in there!" "I'm the county commisioner! I can go anywhere I want!" Boss snarled at the younger man, who backed away reluctantly, giving his boss an apoligetic look.

"What do you want JD?" Amanda asked, letting out a sigh as she sat up behind her desk, "And it's Mrs. Duke to you." The Boss cringed at this, yet another Duke, with two more on the way.

He pulled out a chair and wriggled his round body into it. "Mrs. Duke. This proposal is incredably important, and can only be could for the well-being of Hazzard." JD began, not in the mood for delays.

She shook her head, a peice of blonde hair falling into her face. "How could a Nuclear power plant, right in the center of Hazzard benift the town, or it's citizens!?" Amanda cried, managing to push up from her chair, small hands pressed against the glass of her desk as she leaned over it, glaring into the commisioner's fat face.

"Well...." He started, slightly taken aback by the young woman's change from her normal demeanor. "It.... It will create jobs. And offer an alternative source of energy for the entire county and much of the state!" He finished with a proud smirk.

"First," Amanda began, her face reddening in frustration, "There's not nearly enough people in Hazzard to fill all the positions needed to be filled in order to run a plant of that size. And if you were to bring employees from elsewhere, they'd have no housing, no medical, no services, Hazzard's too small. And as far as engery sources JD," She snarled, her voice growing louder with each sentance, "We have more than enough that are environmentally friendly. Like water, wind and solar power. Which, may I add, cost less to harness and require infintly less man power to do so!"

Boss's eyes widened slightly, and he sat back in his seat as her tone grew. He closed his eyes a breif minute, remembering something Momma Hogg had told him years ago, "Don't make a pregnant woman angry!" He winced, just hearing her voice and the thought was displeasing.

He took a deep breath, regathering his gusto and pushed out of the chair, glaring into her green eyes, "You've gotten rid of me for now Minister..... But Big Joe Newberry will be along to discuss this with you. And he's not so easy going." He threatened. Amanda narrowed her eyes at the aging commisioner and snapped back, "Send him in."

***A bulletin hangs on the outside of the Hazzard County Court House***

Attention all concerned citizens of Hazzard!! Your county comissioner Jeferson Davis Hogg and Atlanta Businessman Joe Newberry are proposing to build a nuclear power plant in our town! Please come to an emergancy town meeting tomorrow at noon sharp to express your concerns and comments!

(cue anyone and everyone who loves Hazzard!)

• 3 weeks later...

Exhaustion and anger continue to dance violently within Garrett as he sits slumped behind the black leather steering wheel of his beloved 'Spittin' Cobra'. Above, dark storm clouds snarl angrily down upon the small town while only small fat sprinkles of rain melt upon the dry land. Garrett shakes his head in dry amusement at the irony of the angry clouds, the weather matching the dour mood he now is captive of. "If it ain't one thing," Garrett speaks aloud to break the silence within the silent car as he continues to stare out through his window, taking in the town that he has lived only a few years in, "it's another."

Feeling his anger grow with each second, Garrett pulls out a cigarette from his hardbox upon the dash board of his prized muscle carl. Flicking upon his lighter, he watches as the end of the cigarette lights up before letting the flame out. Blowing out smoke, he glances across the street at Cooter's Garage, watching Cooter walk out to the old pumps for a moment before running back into his garage to the old car that lies within the shadows. Blowing out smoke, he reluctantly glances up at the building that lies right in front of him, the tall towering court building. "Damn it," he hisses before glances down at his pocket watch, watching the minute hand slowly pass by. He was to stop by and help Mrs. Frinchwright with her stubborn fence that keeps falling down, but he can't do that until he gets things straightened out with Hogg.

A rumble of thunder rattles loosely above to send Garrett's attention through the windshield to find Boss quickly walking in front of him. At the sight of Boss, anger grows rapidly within Garrett and Garrett quickly throws his door open before stepping out. "Hogg," Garrett yells out as he follows him up the cheaply cemented stairs, leading up to the glass front doors.

"Not now, Duke," Hogg spits out as he throws open the glass door, refusing to look behind at Garrett, "I don't have time for any petty, pesky Dukes. Especially you."

"I don't -" Garrett starts before the glass door is slammed close in front of his face, forcing his anger to accelerate even more through him. Throwing his cigarette down upon the cement, Garrett stomps upon it before quickly walking into the wide hall way of the court house. Turning the corner at the end of the hall, Garrett catches a slight glimps of Hogg's white end of his coat disappearing within the sheriff's station, before that door is slammed shut. Forcing a deep breath, Garrett quickly follows him in before Hogg closes himself into his office in the back of the room. For a long moment, Garrett stares at the closed door before rushing towards the door and throws the door open.

"Garrett Duke!" Hogg spits fire out through his dark brown eyes at the young Duke, "You have no right barging into my office! The door is closed and that means no one is welcomed...GET OUT!"

"Not until you figure yourself out of this mess that Rosco got yourself into!" Garrett returns the angry glare as he slams the thin white piece of paper forcefully upon Hogg's oak desk, holding it down tightly with an extended inex finger. "What do you think that is?"

Hogg squints at it but can't see anything from behind Garrett's thick muscular hand. "Probably a speeding ticket or a parking ticket," Hogg shrugs, "knowing you Dukes, you deserve it. Now get out! You have problems with a ticket, you take it to the sheriff."

"Not so easy Commissioner! The sheriff is under you, you have control of him and of what he does," Garrett demands before grabbing the paper off the desk to glare at it once again. "It's not only a speeding ticket...of which I don't deserve. I was going fifty in a fifty-five miles per hour. But a ticket claiming I owe over a thousand dollars!"

"A thousand dollars," Hogg's angered look seems to lesson a bit at hearing what Garrett had just said, "you owe a lot of money."

"I owe you or your petty sheriff, nothing!" Garrett yells back at the plump commissioner, "I wasn't speeding and I didn't owe you a dime before today. How does that come to a thousand dollars? You tell me, Commissioner."

"Well Garrett Duke," a small smile forms upon JD's chubby face as his previous problem has momentarily evaporated with Garrett's problem. "as I said, that is Sheriff Coltrane's department. If you have a problem take it to him."

Garrett rolls his hardened icy gray eyes at the commissioner. "I have. He said talk to you about it," impatience drips from each word, "of which I am doing right now. You better get this taken care of or I'll take this up to Atlanta. You have to have a boss over you somewhere."

"Have fun lookin' Garrett," JD laughs while shaking his head, "because I am the boss...and yeah, you do owe us a thousand dollars. So pay it up, Garrett."

"I ain't paying you or Rosco a penny...y'all don't deserve a penny!" Garrett yells at him, "I don't owe anyone a thousand dollars and not -"

"Oh yeah you do," a small laugh rushes out of Boss as he leans back in his chair while pulling out a fat cigar, "you remember that fight you had with Dwight Slithers last month? At the Boar's Nest?"

"Yeah so?" Garrett quickly snaps back.

"You did a lot of damage to my bar and restaurant...damage that I had to repair out of my pocket; mind you," Hogg lights his cigar with a light twinkling in his dark brown eyes, "Damage to tables, glasses, the bar...the juke box. Oh and the front door was cracked as well in your process of your drunken brawl."

"This is all a bunch of garbage!" Garrett yells at him, "He started it...he's the one that approached me and hit me in the back of the head with his pitcher of beer. What the hell was I to do? Just sit there and pretend it didn't happen?!" Garrett pauses as he feels his adrenaline rise within him, "I don't allow people to mess with me Hogg...not him and not you. I was defending myself as I am prepared to do now."

"Well Dwight," Hogg shakes his head, "was hurt in your brawl...had stitches done and a concussion and a couple of broken ribs when you were done with him. What was your damage? A headache?" Hogg looks over his smoke at Garrett with a raised eyebrow, "That's what I thought. You are paying for the damage that was done plus interest...interest that keeps growing with each passing day. That is how you owe a thousand dollars, Garrett Duke."

"Damn it Hogg!" Garrett punches Hogg's desk in front of him, causing Hogg to jump in his seat, "I am not paying for his stupidness! He's the one that decided to mess with me and to start the fight, not me. So go charge him, not me."

"Not a chance Garrett," Hogg shakes his head, "Dwight is long gone out of the picture now, it is now between you and the local law. Which is us. You are to pay up now or you'll be arrested for failing to pay your fee."

As if motioned, a loud piercing knock comes upon the hard wooden door. "Boss," Rosco's voice rushes through the wood, "it's Rosco."

"I know it's you!" Hogg snaps at his local sheriff, "Come in, we've been waiting."

After a short moment of silence, Sheriff Coltrane slowly walks in to eye Garrett cautiously before moving to Hogg's side. "Has he paid up yet?" he questions staring accusingly at Garrett.

"No I haven't and I don't plan to," Garrett boldly states as he eyes the door and back at the law, "and I ain't about to go to jail due to Dwight. You were there, Rosco...you saw him start it."

"And saw you kick the living day lights out of him," Rosco quickly says back, "you were kicking him even after you knocked him out. So you're paying...pay up. Khee khee!"

"Y'all can forget it!" Garrett angrily spits out before he quickly and smoothly shoves everything that had rested upon Hogg's desk off onto the old floor. As Rosco and Boss angrily look at the damage, Garrett runs out the door, heading towards his car.

"Garrett Duke!" Rosco shouts out after him as he begins to chase him down the hall, "Freeze!"

Reaching the front door, Garrett finds that the drizzle has turned into a down pour since he had went inside. Glaring momentarily back at Rosco who lies only a few feet behind him, Garrett runs out into the cold win. "I mean it Garrett! Freeze!" Rosco yells out to draw people's attention, "You won't get away with this!"

Ignoring the sheriff, Garrett climbs into his car to quickly speed away, driving past the garage to find Cooter watching in half amusement and half wonderment. Looking back into his rear view mirror he finds Rosco stumbling in his car before following behind with his sirens on.

(CUE Amanda or anyone. Hope that is ok)

The flashing lights of Rosco's partol car reflected in the puddles that formed on the roads through Hazzard county. Inside the vehicle his voice could just be heard muttering over the pounding of the torrential rain against the steel body of the old Plymouth. "Jit, that dang Duke...."

Unknown to Rosco and Hazzard a stealthy black Lincoln town car sat atop Cooper Moutain, over looking the small town. Under the brim of a black stetson a pair of curious eyes watched the pursiut as two cars whipped past.

A bolt of lightening ripped through the darkend sky, breifly illuminating the dark car with a gleam of light off it's metallic body. Only a hint of light in the spectacular light show that brightend the sky with an occasional streak of lightening, followed by the crack of thunder.

"Now that the Sheriff's gone, it'd be a good time to go find JD Hogg, County Commisnoner." The low voice of Joe Newberry drawled from the backseat. The driver nodded, silently letting the car roll towards the road, "Ten four Boss."

~~~~~

Big Joey Newberry was furious to learn of the opposition he was going to face in Hazzard. Boss Hogg had explained the way most of the citizens felt about his developing a nuclear power station. And it wasn't in his favor.

"There's no way to change her mind?" Newberry asked, his rough voice grower louder and more demanding as the converstation went on. JD Hogg shook his head in silent reply, there was no hope of changing the minister's mind, and he was absolutly sure of it.

"I'll change her mind..." Joe Newberry stated, teeth gritted as he stormed out of the office, slamming the door closed behind him. Boss only hoped the businessman's plans weren't too drastic. Joe Newberry was known for being rough, and he'd been involved with the mob in Atlanta, he was always prepared to use any avenue to get what he wanted.

~~~~~

Amanda dashed from the front door of her office building in Hazzard sqaure to her red GTX, that sat on the street next to the curb. She tossed her breifcase and a stack of drenched papers in through the open passenger window, not bothering with an attempt and sheilding herself from the monsoon.

"Damn stock car windows..." She muttered to herself, somehow managing to slide in through the driver' side.

Unknown to Amanda, a black town car hid amongst the shadows, dark eyes inside following her movement.

The old red car roared to life at the turn of the key, just as pellets of hail fell from the sky above. Chunks of ice slammed into the hood of the vehicle, some big enough to leave dent marks behind. Cooter would certainly be gaurenteed of some work after this storm.

As Amanda pulled away from the curb and headed towards home, the stealthly black car emerged from the shadows to follow her. The darkness of the storm enough cover so as not to be seen, and the pounding of the rain and hail loud enough not to be heard.

(cue anyone, I'm leavin Newberry open for anyone to use btw.)

• 3 years later...
The flashing lights of Rosco's partol car reflected in the puddles that formed on the roads through Hazzard county. Inside the vehicle his voice could just be heard muttering over the pounding of the torrential rain against the steel body of the old Plymouth. "Jit, that dang Duke...."

Unknown to Rosco and Hazzard a stealthy black Lincoln town car sat atop Cooper Moutain, over looking the small town. Under the brim of a black stetson a pair of curious eyes watched the pursiut as two cars whipped past.

A bolt of lightening ripped through the darkend sky, breifly illuminating the dark car with a gleam of light off it's metallic body. Only a hint of light in the spectacular light show that brightend the sky with an occasional streak of lightening, followed by the crack of thunder.

"Now that the Sheriff's gone, it'd be a good time to go find JD Hogg, County Commisnoner." The low voice of Joe Newberry drawled from the backseat. The driver nodded, silently letting the car roll towards the road, "Ten four Boss."

~~~~~

Big Joey Newberry was furious to learn of the opposition he was going to face in Hazzard. Boss Hogg had explained the way most of the citizens felt about his developing a nuclear power station. And it wasn't in his favor.

"There's no way to change her mind?" Newberry asked, his rough voice grower louder and more demanding as the converstation went on. JD Hogg shook his head in silent reply, there was no hope of changing the minister's mind, and he was absolutly sure of it.

"I'll change her mind..." Joe Newberry stated, teeth gritted as he stormed out of the office, slamming the door closed behind him. Boss only hoped the businessman's plans weren't too drastic. Joe Newberry was known for being rough, and he'd been involved with the mob in Atlanta, he was always prepared to use any avenue to get what he wanted.

~~~~~

Amanda dashed from the front door of her office building in Hazzard sqaure to her red GTX, that sat on the street next to the curb. She tossed her breifcase and a stack of drenched papers in through the open passenger window, not bothering with an attempt and sheilding herself from the monsoon.

"Damn stock car windows..." She muttered to herself, somehow managing to slide in through the driver' side.

Unknown to Amanda, a black town car hid amongst the shadows, dark eyes inside following her movement.

The old red car roared to life at the turn of the key, just as pellets of hail fell from the sky above. Chunks of ice slammed into the hood of the vehicle, some big enough to leave dent marks behind. Cooter would certainly be gaurenteed of some work after this storm.

As Amanda pulled away from the curb and headed towards home, the stealthly black car emerged from the shadows to follow her. The darkness of the storm enough cover so as not to be seen, and the pounding of the rain and hail loud enough not to be heard.

(cue anyone, I'm leavin Newberry open for anyone to use btw.)

Newbury had decided to follow Amanda to wherever she decide to go right now he would have his associate come around and box the girl in right now as well.

Cue Anybody