Dukes - Movie soundtrack

Hmmm....although I would prefer they use the original Waylon version of Good Ol' Boys, if they're going to redo it (and more than likely they will) I think they should have Travis Tritt sing it.

As for other songs in the soundtrack, there's another thread we have that mentions the likes of Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers, ect... perhaps contributing tunes (new or old). I think a Willie Nelson tune would be appropriate. "New" country acts that I think would make great contributions would be Trick Pony, Alan Jackson, and that guy that sang that song that goes, "here's to the past, they can kiss my glass I hope she's happy with him...." Argh, that's gonna bug me all day now because I can't remember his name!

Anyway, amongst other possible acts. Nashville could really have a field day with this. =)

As for Southern Rock.....can we say Lynyrd Skynyrd?? ROFL. Little Allman Bros. thrown in as well.

And above all....they really oughta have a Waylon Jennings song in there.

• 2 months later...

Yeah! Southern Rock and Country!!! A "Good Old Boys" version by Lynyrd Skynyrd wouldn't be too bad either! The movie makers could smash in different versions! Maybe at the end of the movie (I mean when all the credits and names are shown. Don't know the English name for it, sorry! Or is it the credits?) Maybe also a version of that song by Hank Jr. and Kid Rock. Travis Tritt would also make the job! Any Hank 3 I'd also like to hear. Outlaw Rockabilly Roxxx! Also some wicked Bluegrass stuff. Maybe with Dwight! I could go on forever...... Rock on!

I don't think James Hetfield is the right fit to sing Good Ol' Boys.I don't know about him though. I didn't think he was as good as I hoped when Metallica did Skynyrd's Tuesday's Gone. Not a bad version though.

I would love to see Rhett Atkins redo it. I love his version of the Eddie Rabbit song - Drivin' My Life Away from the Black Dog(Patrick Swayze, Randy Travis) soundtrack. He kicks tail on that song.

There are probably so many people we can all come up with to re do Good Ol' Boys. And a lot of artists will do it proud if they ever redid it., well they better do it right.

Darrell

Hey, we're easy to convince on that one. But Hollywood is callin' the shots. WB is not about to pass up the opportunity of makin' fresh money on new tunes...rather than pay renewed royalties on ol' Waylon's number.

But Waylon's "Good Ole Boys" theme song will always be the true Dukes theme, far as I'm concerned. Sadly, it wasn't used in either of the Dukes TV reunion movies, if I recall correctly.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone watch the Outlaws concert on CMT last week. With all the people on there like Montgomery Gentry, Kid Rock , Gretchen Wilson, Hank Jr., Lynyrd Skynyrd, Big & Rich, I think that would give us a glimpse of what direction the music should go in. That would be the ideal line-up . But the producers might go with some other artists. I guess getting the rights and liscenses for the songs is another story.

Darrell

Here is MY idea, and in my personal oppinion, is the best idea.

"The Good Ol Boys"

Written by: Waylen Jenings

Preformed by: Waylen Jenings

Reproduced by permission by:Randy Travis

Contribute preformance by: Randy Travis

In other words, Randy Travis is the best nominee to do the "Good Ol` Boys". What y'all thank?

TRULY YOURS: Skye

• 3 weeks later...