Dukes DVDs

Hey everybody. I was just wondering what you all thought of the Dukes DVDs. I can't tell you how happy I am to have it. Now I just hope they put out the rest of the series. I think WB is going to be really wary of putting the Coy and Vance season out, but they needn't worry about me buying it, cause I've got to have the entire series! What do ya'll think?

P.S. I think that the production value of the DVD set is outstanding. They

could've given us JUST the shows, but instead they threw in a little

more. Awesome!

Thanks for the link, Inga! Yer terrific.

I'm diggin' the DVD's too. But has anyone else noticed that the casting shots on the box just seem a bit off? The main cover is fine, but the inside flaps with Bo and Luke just ain't the best pictures of either of them. It's almost like WB was looking for something new in the way of publicity photos - and they're using stuff that was never used before - for good reason. Heh.

I noticed the same thing on the Dukes calendar that came out last fall. I'm not complaining, 'cause these photos are still fun to look at. Proof as well, that anybody can take a bad picture. Khee!

But that's just the wrapper. The DVD's themselves are a must-have. Even if you've seen every episode a million times, the quality of these DVD's, with the uncut eps and all the little extras, make it well worth the investment.

I have to politely disagree about the selection of photos. It's nice to see something different, instead of the same old same old. As for the calender, I don't know which one you've been looking at but the one I have, the pictures I had never seen before look pretty decent.

All in the eye of the beholder. 8)

Here's what caught my eye on the DVD photos. Sorry, I wasn't really specifc and overall it's kewl. That said, take a look-see at Bo's picture, where he's leanding on the General as if workin' on the motor. That boy was NOT ready for that picture to be taken. Heh.

The only other one on the DVD that jumps out at me as being "off" is the back flap, with Bo, Luke and Daisy, with the guitar. Again, Bo's expression is the dead giveway. Whups! *CLICK*

The rest of the shots do look good. But ya know, I've never figured out the promo shots with the cowboy hats. I saw Bo wear a hat in one ( 1 ) episode, bein' One-Armed Bandits. I've never seen Luke wear that grey hat in an episode. Or did I miss somethin'?

On the calendar - don't get me wrong, it's still great. I just happen to have a pretty extensive collection of cast photos - and I've got some that are the same shots, but with expressions that actually turned out. If you look closely at a couple, you'll see cast shots where one person isn't smiling, or is looking off in the wrong direction, ect.

No big screamin' deal. I'm happy to see new stuff too, and there's something to be said for seeing things that are not picture-perfect. Makes it more down to earth, and they feel a bit more like family photos.

Which to many of us....they are! :wink:

Kew Kew! I love it, I love it!

Torture is this: I had Amazon ship the DVD as soon as it was released. So I've had it since June 2. However, my wife won't let me watch any episodes without her, because she is a citizen of Hazzard, as well. Well, we finally both got around to watching the rest of the whole thing last night. It was great!

Hey do you guys remember when either Boss would go "them Dukes! them Dukes!", or Rosco (sp?) would go "Kew, kew, kew!" with the WB logo at the very tail end of the show? It's not on any of these shows, so I'm guessing they come in with later seasons? LOL, this is nuts as can be, but as a kid, THAT is what stands out the most to me! Does anybody know what I mean?

Yeah, I noticed that too Gator. I have some of the eps on the boughten VHS. Some of the eps have that on the VHS and on the DVD they don't. I'm going to go back and compair each just for ya!

I got High Octane on VHS as well as on the DVD. So I'll go back and watch the end of the tape and compare the two.

That should tell us if it was added or it was left off. But I know what you mean because one of my tapes has Boss saying that when the logo pops up at the end.

• 3 months later...

I had to bump this back up since I just finished watching the the DVD set...

I haven't seen a lot these episodes in a long time. I ma glad they sis the preview before the opening credits, I was thinking they wouldn't do that. I don't have any of the video tapes so I can't compare them.

My family has enjoyed watching them together . We usually have a night when we just watch an episode, like it was on regular TV again. I got my 21 month old son going around YYYYEEEEEHHAAAAA.. He does it everytime he hears it on the show.

I loved the extras. The BBQ actually got me a little misty, seeing all of them , especially Peggy Rea. That was a nice surprise. Now why on earth would CBS or whoever NOT have put this or something like it on TV. They have had cast reunion shows , Andy Griffith, Carol Burnett, Dick Van Dyke that have gotten huge ratings. The Dukes , in my opinion, would get huge ratings also. I had to rant about that.

I like the fancy way of writing the DOH they used on the BBQ. I noticed it on the new calendar too...How long has that writing been around???

I have read that the DVD has been a very big seller since it was released, where I totally forgot and I'm sorry about that...I can't wait for the second season and for the rest of the seasons..

Darrell

I can't wait for the first Dukes Made for T.V. movie to come out. Not only that but I do love my first season dvd's. Now to get Magnum P.I. as well as the A-Team. Already got Knight Rider. Yep - I am a hudge fan of the eighties and like my online chat name states - I am " stuck in the eighties and loving it". :lol::wink: