The Dirt Bikes of Hazzard County

RogerDuke

I just finished a list of all the dirt bikes that were on the Dukes of Hazzard and will post it shortly. If anybody knows of any errors let me know. Please note that these are dirt bikes only, not street bikes. There were dirt bikes in 6 of the episodes Miz Tisdale was on. She was in 11 episodes. She was also mentioned on 3 other eps but didn't appear. 

According to my numbers, there were 16 episodes that had dirt bikes in them....at least. I wouldn't be surprised if I find more. Come to think of it.....what kind of bike was it that Cooter used to bust down the door of the Boar's Nest in a Georgia ep? Sounds like I have more work to do. 

Edited by RogerDuke

Season 2 

ROAD PIRATES.....4 dirt bikes in the last 10 minutes of ep

MASON DIXON'S GIRLS.....2 dirt bikes that didn't get ridden

Season 3

CARNIVAL OF THRILLS....stunt show

ALONG CAME A DUKE....Jeb Stuart Duke in several scenes

THE GREAT HAZZARD HIJACK....4 dirt bikes, brief scene

THE HACK OF HAZZARD....debut of Emma Tisdale's dirt bike. Rode a wheelie at beginning on way to visit her mother

Season 4

THE FUGITIVE.....Best dirt bike episode of all. Lots of bikes! 

DOUBLE DUKES....Emma delivers package to Boss on bike

CLETUS FALLS IN LOVE...Emma almost hits Cletus on her bike

MIZ TIZDALE ON THE LAM.....4 scenes with Emma's dirt bike. Later gets a loaner street bike with side car and rides Jesse around

Season 5

COY MEETS GIRL......one brief scene  

COY VS VANCE.....stunt sister thieves

LAWMAN OF THE YEAR....2 scenes of Emma delivering mail

THE RETURN OF THE MEAN GREEN MACHINE....Emma has dirt bike with side car and picks up a stranded Enos. Rosco and Boss take the machine over, Rosco driving and Boss in sidecar with bazooka

Season 6

TWIN TROUBLE....not dirt bikes but Hazzard sheriff department gets 3-wheelers

A BOYS BEST FRIEND....The Flats is the local dirt bike hangout. Bo and Luke borrowed 2 dirt bikes there

Just checked out the scene on Luke's Love Story where Cooter drives the motorcycle into the Boar's Nest. I must not have put it on the list that I put together awhile back because I thought it was a street bike. The only thing about it that makes it look like a dirt bike is the high front fender. I suspect it is a dual sport. That's a motorcycle that can also be called a "street legal dirt bike". We called them street-trails back then but some people called them enduros. Maybe the Hoss Detective Agency can help to identify the motorcycle and possibly even post a picture. 

18 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Just checked out the scene on Luke's Love Story where Cooter drives the motorcycle into the Boar's Nest. I must not have put it on the list that I put together awhile back because I thought it was a street bike. The only thing about it that makes it look like a dirt bike is the high front fender. I suspect it is a dual sport. That's a motorcycle that can also be called a "street legal dirt bike". We called them street-trails back then but some people called them enduros. Maybe the Hoss Detective Agency can help to identify the motorcycle and possibly even post a picture. 

I don't know bikes, and it's not listed on IMCDb, but here are the best pictures I could get of Cooter's bike from 'Luke's Love Story'.

CooterBike0107.jpg