another one from the Dukes VP.

today i was listenin to my radio on the way to work and they had the Dukes VP on. They asked him what qualifications he had for the job his answer was, "the same as most if not all Dukes of Hazzard fans." then they asked him why he thought he got the job and not the "next best qualified" person? He answered, "You know i think it's cause i have a strong resemblance to Luke." HA :-? YEAH RIGHT :roll:. he looks nothin like the hot Luke Duke. I couldn't help but laugh out loud at the answer. He sounded so sure of himself and his answers. They continued to ask him other questions about the show and all but the questions were easy enough for anyone to answer. i tell ya this VP fella aint nothing more then the rest of the Dukes fans. There was definately someone else better for the job. What did the CMT folks see?

today i was listenin to my radio on the way to work and they had the Dukes VP on. They asked him what qualifications he had for the job his answer was, "the same as most if not all Dukes of Hazzard fans." then they asked him why he thought he got the job and not the "next best qualified" person? He answered, "You know i think it's cause i have a strong resemblance to Luke." HA :-? YEAH RIGHT :roll:. he looks nothin like the hot Luke Duke. I couldn't help but laugh out loud at the answer. He sounded so sure of himself and his answers. They continued to ask him other questions about the show and all but the questions were easy enough for anyone to answer. i tell ya this VP fella aint nothing more then the rest of the Dukes fans. There was definately someone else better for the job. What did the CMT folks see?

Don't get me started. The next "most qualified person" was Scott, the president of the Confederate General Lee Fan Club. Who should have got the job, but apparently the CMT panel was looking for an egotistical jerk instead.

They interviewed 3 people out of 2,000 applicants. Not exactly a deep dig for a winner. You'd think for spending 100 grand, CMT would have wanted to make sure they were getting their money's worth. Instead, they've got a socially-remedial hack who can't communicate with other fans, let alone relate to them. One look at the low-volume "Dukes Institute Board", and you'll see weirdness without substance.

The thing I can't get over, is that this guy had no involvement whatsoever in any Dukes fan club, website, message board, email group, ect. He didn't previously particpate in a damn thing to do with the show or its fans. He wasn't watching the show when he applied for the position. I think he was a "Dukes fan" in the same respect that he was a fan of 100 other tv shows. He only became a big Dukes fan for the money.

I've been long-tempted to draw the saber on this guy, but my own standards of professional conduct have kept me from indulging.

Then again....why spare him? This VP guy is getting paid 100 grand to be seen as the epitome of Dukes fans - without the burden of having to know much, care much, or actually deal with anybody unless CMT says he's gotta talk to 'em. Maybe it's time somebody made him earn his bread.

Brian

Don't get me started. The next "most qualified person" was Scott, the president of the Confederate General Lee Fan Club. Who should have got the job, but apparently the CMT panel was looking for an egotistical jerk instead.

They interviewed 3 people out of 2,000 applicants. Not exactly a deep dig for a winner. You'd think for spending 100 grand, CMT would have wanted to make sure they were getting their money's worth. Instead, they've got a socially-remedial hack who can't communicate with other fans, let alone relate to them. One look at the low-volume "Dukes Institute Board", and you'll see weirdness without substance.

The thing I can't get over, is that this guy had no involvement whatsoever in any Dukes fan club, website, message board, email group, ect. He didn't previously particpate in a damn thing to do with the show or its fans. He wasn't watching the show when he applied for the position. I think he was a "Dukes fan" in the same respect that he was a fan of 100 other tv shows. He only became a big Dukes fan for the money.

I've been long-tempted to draw the saber on this guy, but my own standards of professional conduct have kept me from indulging.

Then again....why spare him? This VP guy is getting paid 100 grand to be seen as the epitome of Dukes fans - without the burden of having to know much, care much, or actually deal with anybody unless CMT says he's gotta talk to 'em. Maybe it's time somebody made him earn his bread.

Brian

Personally, I think this guy deserves to be taken down a notch or two.

There are many better-qualified candidates who have particpated in the Duke's fandom since long before CMT announced that there was 100 grand available to the "biggest" Duke's fan!

I get angry every time I think about him representing those of use who are true Duke's fans.

So I say, "Go for it", Brian!

LS3

Personally, I think this guy deserves to be taken down a notch or two.

There are many better-qualified candidates who have particpated in the Duke's fandom since long before CMT announced that there was 100 grand available to the "biggest" Duke's fan!

I get angry every time I think about him representing those of use who are true Duke's fans.

So I say, "Go for it", Brian!

LS3

Brian

yeah i know thats for sure they could've found someobne a lot better and i mean alot

Brian

yeah i know thats for sure they could've found someobne a lot better and i mean alot