A better look at the jumps

back

That's funny. Actually the little car you see with the "bike" strapped to it was Rhys Millen's little Evo racer. It was the one (below link---I still can't get the stupid pictures to post) used as a chase car. It was about the only one that could keep up with the General Lee. That poor car had more camera mounts on it/in it/under it than you could count.

The bicycle rack was a nice touch though. And if you look real hard behind the GL landing you'll see the Lincoln with the remote driving seat in it. The whole stunt was ran at 70 MPH (which would warrant a ticket in that particular stretch of 60).

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10/Scott225/chasecar.jpg

That's funny. Actually the little car you see with the "bike" strapped to it was Rhys Millen's little Evo racer. It was the one (below link---I still can't get the stupid pictures to post) used as a chase car. It was about the only one that could keep up with the General Lee. That poor car had more camera mounts on it/in it/under it than you could count.

The bicycle rack was a nice touch though. And if you look real hard behind the GL landing you'll see the Lincoln with the remote driving seat in it. The whole stunt was ran at 70 MPH (which would warrant a ticket in that particular stretch of 60).

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10/Scott225/chasecar.jpg

They were accurate because I had to help them calibrate the speedometer in the Lincoln with my car the day before. For the angle of the jump and the distance flown, the number-crunchers of J.E.M. FX figured it would hit at 70. Thus all the traffic HAD to do 70 in order not to get crunched. I'm still amazed at everything that goes into movie-making. It ain't just point-and-jump anymore.

They were accurate because I had to help them calibrate the speedometer in the Lincoln with my car the day before. For the angle of the jump and the distance flown, the number-crunchers of J.E.M. FX figured it would hit at 70. Thus all the traffic HAD to do 70 in order not to get crunched. I'm still amazed at everything that goes into movie-making. It ain't just point-and-jump anymore.