Why do the boys live with Jesse?

• 4 weeks later...

Believe me, working a farm *is* a full-time job. Just cause you don't have another employer and a weekly paycheck doesn't make it not a valid profession of its own. People don't tend to realize that, it seems. They call the boys "unemployed", but they're perfectly employed... just self-employed, so to speak - or Jesse-employed. Lol.

• 3 weeks later...

The fate of Bo, Luke, and Daisy's parents has always been a mystery. Gy Waldron says that they all were killed in the same car wreck, although I can't help but wonder what they were all doing together at one time. The only times that is mentioned, In a Boy's Best Friend, Bo and Luke mention how seeing Terry Lee reminds them of their young days:

BO: We were mighty young when out folks passed on.

LUKE: Yeah but somehow, I don't remember being that sad. I guess cause I had you and Daisy

BO: And we all had Uncle Jesse.

And in the Dukes of Hazzard Reunion, Daisy tells Mama Max that her mother died when she was born.

That would make a good prequel film, if not, a fanfic depicting the days of the Dukes parents and how the orphaned cousins were sent to live with their Aunt Lavinia and Uncle Jesse.

Cheers.

Will Rodgers

The Voice Man

• 9 months later...
I was just wondering why all the cousins live with Uncle Jesse? What happened to their parents??? I have always wondered that!
The Voice Man of Hazzard

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:11 am Post subject: The Dukes Parents

The fate of Bo, Luke, and Daisy's parents has always been a mystery. Gy Waldron says that they all were killed in the same car wreck,

That is correct. I just started watching the Dukes of Hazzard Family Tree on Season 3, disk 4 side A and he said that the cousins all come to live with Uncle Jesse because thier parents died in a car wreck.

• 1 month later...

I also remember something about the episode where Lukes brother showed up. Luke said his mother and baby brother died in a hospital fire.

As to why they'd all be in a car at the same time, they might have been going on a vacation or out to dinner together and got hit by a truck...

^_^; man I paint a pretty picture...

~She-Wolf