Bad Blood

It all started on a bright , Sunny Spring Morning when the blood mobile arrived in Hazzard.

Meanwhile over at the farm the Dukes was just now finishin' up breakfast and Daisy was gettin' ready to go help at the fundraiser.

" Hey fella's don't forget today's the day y'all said you would donate your blood". reminded Daisy

" Oh c'mon Daisy you know how I feel about needles I get chicken even when Doc. Appleby gives me one". said Bo

" I know Bo but it's for a good cause and it's too late now cause y'all already signed up". said Daisy

Luke couldn't help but feel a little rundown he also felt like a headache was coming on he shook it off".

" Well c'mon Luke we best get to town and get ready for those vampires ". said Bo

Bo couldn't help but notice that Luke was moving awfully slow which was very strange of Luke.

" Luke you feelin' okay you is moving awfully slow?". said Bo

" Oh I'm fine Bo I just have a little headache ". said Luke

But Luke wasn't okay he didn't feel at all good but he didn't tell Bo on account of he didn't want him to worry.

So 15 minutes later the boys arrived in town and they had to stand in line and wait for the their names to be called.

As the boys was standing in line Luke felt his headache gettin' worse but he shook it off .

" Dukeboys Next". said Maryanne

" Luke why don't you go first ". said Bo

" Well your too Kind cousin just remember it'll be your turn next". said Luke scarcastically".

So Luke walked on over to the table and he sat down and rolled up his sleeve .

" Howdy there are you ready to have your blood drawn?". asked Maryann

" Yes M'am I sure am ". said Luke

So she stuck Luke with the needle and then thanked him for his blood.

Then it was Bo's turn and he was really nervous as he walked over he felt like he was gonna faint".

" um ... howdy m'am I ain't that fond of needles". said Bo

" Well I'm sorry but it's for a good cause so what ya say you give us some of your blood". said Maryann

So Bo had no choice but to roll up his sleeve an he closed his eyes so he wouldn't have to look at the needle".

Before Bo knew it his time was up and then they lady thanked him for his blood and then the boys was done.

Later on that day the boy's had decided to do some fishing down by catfish creek and Luke coudn't help but feel a little rundown".

" Um... man I feel so tired for some reason and my head is killing me ". said Luke

" Why don't ya go take a snooze by that old oak tree and I'll catch all the fish". said Bo

" Hey I don't think so cousin I'm gonna do me some fishing too!!". said Luke

No sooner did Luke start fishing did he feel an overwhelming feeling of tiredness wash over him .

Before Luke knew it his eyes had closed and he was off to dreamland and his pole was just bobbing in the water.

Meanwhile Bo was just now gettin' a bite on his pole and he couldn't believe it that he caught a big o'l Bass".

" Hey Luke look at the size of this fish I caught"!! said Bo

" uh.. Luke , Luke, Luke wake up I caught me a big o'l bass for supper". said Bo

" mmm, uh... wha..t oh hey Bo yeah I see it's huge ". said Luke

" Well (Yawn) looks like my pole ain't got a single bite and my (yawn) I feel so sleepy". said Luke

" Luke , Luke, Luke, wake up now!!". said Bo

" Luke c'mon wake up ". said Bo

It took Luke a little while but then he started coming around so Bo figured he better help Luke back to the General.

So Bo slowly helped Luke into the General and no sooner did Luke get into the Genera did he fall asleep.

Meanwhile over at the Blood Blank in Atlanta the nurses was going over the results from the fundraiser.

When one of the nurses noticed something strange in Luke's blood she figured she'd best call on over to the farm.

Meanwhile Jesse was milking the cows when he heard the phone ring and so he put down the bucket and he went and answered it.

" Hello this is Jesse Duke speaking may I ask who's calling?". asked Jesse

" Hello Mr. Duke this is Maryanne over at the Blood Bank I'm calling to let you know we found something strange in Luke's blood".

" uh.. okay it's not bad is it ?". asked Jesse

" um well mr. Duke I can't really tell you over the phone but I would recommend he get looked at right away". said Maryanne

" Yes ma'am thanks for calling said Jesse

So as Jesse was hanging up the phone the boys had pulled up and Luke was still fast asleep in the passenger seat.

" Hey Uncle Jesse Luke fell asleep on the way home from catfish creek and I ain't been able to wake him up". said Bo

" Look here now Uncle Jesse I done caught a big bass for supper". said Bo

" Wow that sure is a big o'l bass sure looks good ". said Jesse

Meanwhile Jesse figured he'd shake Luke some and try to wake him up enough to get inside the farmhouse.

" Luke, Luke, c'mon boy wake up you is home". said Jesse

"Oh.. uh..mmm.. , oh hey uncle Jesse ". said Luke

" Well now that Luke's awake how about we go in and get us some chow". said Jesse

' So the boys and Jesse went in to eat supper , Daisy was still working over at the fundriser she wouldn't be in until later.

Jesse couldn't help but notice during supper that Luke was hardly touching his plate he only took little nibbles on the fish.

" Luke you feelin' okay, you hardly touched some food on your plate". said Jesse

" Well I ain't feelin' that great I think I'm gonna go hit the hay". said Luke

Cue B.L Davenport

Later on that night at the Dukefarm as Bo was laying in bed at around 11:30 he couldn't help but hear a thumping sound coming from

the other side of the room then it stopped so he layed back down then he heard it again so he looked over and he saw that it was Luke.

Who was laying on the floor and appeared to be locked in some type of convulsion and he was hitting his head against the bedroom wall.

" Luke, Luke, Luke you alright?". asked Bo

But Bo received no reply and Luke kept shaking and he wouldn't stop about 15 minutes later Luke's eyes rolled into the back of his head

and he fell into unconcious and no matter how hard Bo shook Luke he couldn't get a response from him.

" Luke, Luke, Luke, you okay ?". asked Bo

" Luke , Luke , Luke, Please wake up ?". asked Bo

But unfortunately Luke wasn't waking up or making a response in anyway ".

" Uncle Jesse come quick somethin's wrong with Luke!!". said Bo

So Uncle Jesse came running into the boys' room and wearing his robe and he was shocked to see Luke laying in Bo's lap on the floor.

" What's wrong with Luke Bo?". asked Jesse

" I ain't got a clue uncle Jesse I found him like this he must have fallen out of bed". said Bo

Jesse couldn't help but notice little beads of sweat pouring down Luke's face and he was also out cold.

" Luke, Luke, Luke, c'mon boy open your eyes". said Jesse

But Luke remained unresponsive and so then Jesse felt Luke's forehead and he was suprized to see that Luke was burning up.

" OH NO!!!", he's running a fever quick we gotta get him to the hospital ". said Jesse

" Go On get dressed I'll watch him!". said Jesse

So as Bo headed into the shower he handed Luke over to Jesse and all Luke made was a couple moans and groans.

Balladeer: Poor Luke he's one sick puppy sure hope whatever's going on ain't fatal".

So as Bo was in the shower Jesse was trying to wake Luke up but no matter how hard he tried he couldn't get him to wake up.

15 minutes later Bo was out of the shower and dressed and Jesse handed Luke over to Bo and Luke gave a slight moan.

" shh shh, it's okay cousin your gonna be fine". said Bo

Then Bo set Luke into the General Lee and they took off to Tri-County Hospital.

Cue BoDuke82

Bo made a mad dash to the hospital unfortunately lady luck was not on Bo's side that day on account of Bo began to hear Rosco's siren.

" Oh Shoot dang nit all Rosco !". shouted Bo

" Alright Bo Duke I gotcha now pull on over". said Rosco

" Rosco I can't afford to deal with ya right now I gotta get Luke to the hospital ". said Bo

" oh give me a break I ain't fallin' for that baloney that is just hogwash". said Rosco

" Rosco I ain't kiddin' you I really gotta go !!". said Rosco

Finally Bo ended up losing Rosco finally at Hazzard Pond then he made his way on over to Tri-County Hospital".

When Bo pulled into the parking lot he played Dixie to get there attention then two nurses, orderly came rushing out with a stretcher.

" My Cousin Luke is really sick can you please take a look at him please ?". asked Bo

So the orderly quickly rushed over to the General and layed Luke onto the strecher rushed him in.

Luke was taken directly into the ER and the doctor on duty at the time rushed right over to him.

The Doctor quickly ordered a bash of tests to see what was wrong with Luke hopefully they'll find it out in time.

Meanwhile Bo was pacing the waiting room anxiously waiting for word on Luke so that he can call Uncle Jesse and let him know.

Later on that morning Luke's blood tests results had come in and Luke's doctor was lookin' over them he didn't what he was seeing.

Cue BoDuke82

The Doctor quickly ordered a bash of tests to see what was wrong with Luke hopefully they'll find it out in time.

Meanwhile Bo was pacing the waiting room anxiously waiting for word on Luke so that he can call Uncle Jesse and let him know.

Later on that morning Luke's blood tests results had come in and Luke's doctor was lookin' over them he didn't what he was seeing.

Cue B.L Davenport

Later that morning Luke's blood test results came in and as his doctor was lookin' over them he didn't like what he was seeing.

Unfortnately as it turns out Luke Duke had managed to catch Leukemia Luke's doctor thinks that he has managed to catch it in time.

So doctor mcbride made it out to the waiting room to tell Bo the bad news about Luke's condition.

" Hey Doc how's my cousin doing?". asked Bo

" Unfortunately Bo I got some rather bad news for ya it seems that Luke has developed mono".

" Do you know if he's been kissing anyone lately?". asked Doc

" Um... well he kissed Patty Mae at the Picnic last weekend ". said Bo

" Symptoms don't usually appear this fast but since he's started feeling really tired that would explain it". said Doc

" He's been falling asleep more then usual which ain't normal". said Bo

" It usually goes away all on it's own but with time ". said Doc

" uh... he is gonna be okay ain't he doc?". asked Bo

" Well he's gonna need alot of bed -rest and drink alot fluids to bring down that fever , other then that he should be okay.

Cue B.L Davenport

Later that morning Luke's blood test results came in and as his doctor was lookin' over them he didn't like what he was seeing.

Unfortnately as it turns out Luke Duke had managed to catch Leukemia Luke's doctor thinks that he has managed to catch it in time.

So doctor mcbride made it out to the waiting room to tell Bo the bad news about Luke's condition.

" Hey Doc how's my cousin doing?". asked Bo

" Unfortunately Bo I got some rather bad news for ya it seems that Luke has developed mono".

" Do you know if he's been kissing anyone lately?". asked Doc

" Um... well he kissed Patty Mae at the Picnic last weekend ". said Bo

" Symptoms don't usually appear this fast but since he's started feeling really tired that would explain it". said Doc

" He's been falling asleep more then usual which ain't normal". said Bo

" It usually goes away all on it's own but with time ". said Doc

" uh... he is gonna be okay ain't he doc?". asked Bo

" Well he's gonna need alot of bed -rest and drink alot fluids to bring down that fever , other then that he should be okay.

Lizzy Jackson-Davenport

Luke's body was still doing it's best to fight off the infection but unfortunately so far it wasn't doing that great a job on account of

Luke's fever still remained dangerously high , he still was in a coma, he had little bits of sweat pouring down his face.

At the moment one of Luke's nurses was in his room checking the machine that was montoring his temp was at 116 which was high.

Then all of sudden the nurse heard a moan coming from the man lying in the bed and so she figured she would check Luke out.

" Oh I see we is getting restless now ". said Nurse Scarlett

So she gave Luke a shot of morphine in his IV then she slowly left his room and reported to his doctor.

" So how's our patient doing nurse?". asked Dr. Mcbride

" Well I'm awfully worried his fever is still high, still in a comatose state ". said Nurse Scarlett

" That ain't good I guess Luke's body ain't fighting off the infection as well as I thought. said Doc. Mcbride

Later on that morning Bo, Uncle Jesse showed up to the hospital to visit they was in high hopes that Luke was doing better.

" Hey Doc how's Luke doing today?". asked Jesse

" Well Mr. Duke why don't we step into my office and have a chat ". said Doc

So Bo , Jesse followed the doc into his office and he walked on over to his file cabinet and pulled Luke's file out and layed it down.

" Unfortunately Luke's body ain't fighting off the infection as fast as I thought it would". said Doc

" Well uh.. he's gonna be okay right doc?". asked Bo

" Unfortunately he also remains in a comatose state with a high fever". said Doc

" I"m very sure that the reason Luke remains in a coma is because of his fever". said Doc

" Ain't their someway you could make the fever break?". asked Jesse

" Well Mr. Duke since Luke has a virus he can't take any antibotics so the only thing I can give him is time. said Doc

Cue Lizzy Jackson Davenport

"Come on Doc, you have to be able to do something." Bo begged hoping there was something the doctor could do.

"I'm afraid not. Mono is a special kind of virus. There's nothing we can do to make it go away faster but we are treating the symptoms, gave him some medicine for the fever and the pain, but that's about all we can do." The doctor explained. "I've got two of my best nurses watching over him and we'll take good care of him."

"Can we see him?" Uncle Jesse asked.

"Sure, I'll take you down there right now." The doctor stood and lead the two Dukes down the hall to Luke's room.

Cue Anyone

When Bo and Jesse entered Luke's room Bo felt his heart breaking at the site of Luke lookin' so helpless , fragile .

Jesse happened to notice a washcloth laying on the bedside table so he walked over and patted Luke's forehead with it.

Suddenly Luke's eyelids started moving some as he felt the washcloth he tried opening them but they felt like 10 pound bricks.

" Uncle Jesse did you see that Luke's wakin' up !!!". said Bo

" Yes I know i saw it he's slowly comin' around but I wouldn't count my chickens fore' they hatch boy". warned Jesse

Luke tried as hard as could to wake up but he just couldn't do it yet all he could manage is a few little winks of an eyelash.

15 minutes later Bo and Jesse heard some footsteps so they looked up and saw that it was one of Luke's nurses .

So Bo and Jesse thought they would step out into the hallway while the nurse examined Luke, Bo figured he'd offer Jesse some coffee.

" Sure I'd love some Bo I got a feelin' we may be here awhile". said Jesse

So Bo walked on over to the coffee machine and he fixed Jesse some coffee he put 2 sugars in it , cream then he walked it back over.

As Jesse was drinkin some coffee Bo was tryin' to think good thoughts about Luke even though he had a bad feeling.

The nurse checked his IV, the machine watching his temperature which is now 110 which ment that Luke's fever had gone down some.

Then she checked his concious state so she got out her penlight and she lifted up Luke's left eyelid and shined the light in.

" Unfortunately she didn't get a response so she sighed an put it back down and she wrote on Luke's chart.

" fever has gone down , still remains comatose and unresponsive Then she slowly left the room reported to the doctor.

Luke maybe okay for now but he is far from being out of the woods.

Cue Lizzy Jackson-Davenport

In the break room the nurse was talking to some of her colleagues and told them about him. As many of the nurses knew of the Duke family they were all sympathetic but one nurse in particular stared at her. "You're telling me that his temperature is 110 and you're not at all concerned?" Nurse Beth asked.

"Should I be?" The other nurse asked.

"110?" Beth asked. The rest of the nursing staff was staring at nurse Beth as though she just told them she had come back from the moon.

"Honey that's not dangerous." The nurse said. Beth glared at her then rushed to Luke's room.

Beth grabbed the covers and yanked them off then grabbed the cool cloth and began wiping down Luke's body hoping to cool him down. Several minutes later she pulled out her thermometer and checked his temperature and smiled seeing it read 102. Though it was still dangerous she wasn't quiet concerned as she had been. Just then Bo and Uncle Jesse reenter the room. "Is he ok?" Bo asked.

"He's going to be fine." Beth answered.

"Why did you look so panicked?" Jesse asked.

"The other nurse told me that your nephew here had a temperature of 110." Beth said.

"Is that bad?" Bo asked.

"Very. I never seen a temp that high. Maybe she meant 101 and her thermometer is broken but 110 could fry his brain. I know up in Atlanta they had a case where the temp was 107 but here I've only seen 105. I'm a ICU nurse so I know how scary things can get but I'm certain your cousin is going to be fine." Beth said.

Bo and Uncle Jesse was overjoyed that Luke was gonna be okay but unfortunately in Hazzard nothin' ever goes as planned.

" That's quite a relief that Luke is gonna be okay ain't it!!". said Bo

" Yes that is great news boy but I wouldn't count my chickens fore' they hatch ". warned Jesse

Uncle Jesse slowly made his way over to Luke's bed and he felt Luke's forehead and it stil felt warm.

Then all of sudden Luke let out a few short coughs , but his eyes was still closed.

" Luke , Luke, Luke , can you hear me boy ?". asked Jesse

All Jesse got as a response was a flick of a eyelash which told him that Luke was still comatose.

Luke was restin' comfortably as Bo , Jesse was keepin' an eye on him then all of sudden Luke started moaning , groaning ".

" uh oh ..... ", I better go get the nurse ". said Bo

So Bo left the room and went out into the hallway and walked on over to the front desk.

" uh... ma'am my cousin is in awful lot of pain ". explained Bo

The nurse looked at the clock in to see if he Luke was due for another shot of pain medicene the clock said 11:30 ". Which ment that his first dose had well worn so she followed Bo into Luke's room an so she shot the syringe filled to the brim with morphine into the IV.

Then Luke's features slowly started to relax again while she was in there she figured she would check his temp. so she got out her thermometer and she stuck it into Luke's mouth and then she waitied , waitied , then the thermometer buzzed She took it out and it said " 108" which ment Luke's fever had gone up again unfortunately ".Before she left the room she wrote on Luke's chart temp, reported to dr. Mcbride

No sooner did Scarlett leave the room then Luke started going into convulsions .

Scarlett heard the alarm and she rushed back in with a couple nurses and Luke's doctor and they got to work. After about ten minutes or so they stepped back and Luke had gone back to resting. The doctor turned to Scarlett and told her that he wanted her to stay close just in case something else happened. The nurse wanted to disagree but the look on both the doctor's face and Bo and Uncle Jesse's told her not to so she nodded.

Scarlett came into Luke's room every two hours and she would check out his temperature at the moment it was stable.

After that scare Jesse felt like he had aged 10 years if he didn't know any better he would swear that god had it in for his boys

Bo feared for his cousin's life he was afraid that Luke's body may not be able to fight off the infection as well as they'd hoped.

" Uncle Jesse does this mean Luke's losing the war?". Bo asked concernly".

" I wouldn't give up on him none Bo Luke will be just fine his body is just havin' a little trouble ". assured Jesse

Meanwhile Daisy was still workin' at the fundraiser so far the blood bank had managed to raise 30.00000$$$.

Later on that afternoon Uncle Jesse had left the hospital on account of he had to get back to the farm to do chores.

Later on Luke's doctor had come into Luke's room to check on him and was happy to see that Luke's temprature looked the same

but he was awfully worried about the fact that Luke was still in a comatose state and he wasn't showin' any signs of coming out.

LizzyJackson-Davenport

Early the next mornin' when Luke's nurse came into check on him she noticed that he looked very restless and his eyes was open.

" Luke oh my lord you is awake !!", oh wow what a surprize". said nurse Beth

" Oh my head is killin' me and I feel like I'm bakin' in an oven". said Luke

" Okay darlin' I'm gonna give you somethin' for that nasty headache , for the fever". said Beth

"So Beth gave Luke a shot of lquid Tylenol for the fever , morphine for the headache".

While she was in there she figured she would give Luke a blood test so she got out her needle and stuck Luke with it.

15 minutes later she took the needle out and dumbed the needle into the trashcan before leaving Luke's room.

Then she made her way down to the bloodlab and put the tube filled with Luke's blood onto the machine waited for the results.

Cue LizzyJackson-davenport

A while later the results were back and by that time Bo and Uncle Jesse had returned to the hospital and were sitting down with Luke's doctor.

"So Doc how is my boy?" Jesse asked.

"Yes Doctor we can take it. Give it to us straight. He's going to be ok and we can take him home now we just have to make sure that he keeps resting for the next week or something right?" Bo said.

"Bo, let the doctor speak." Jesse said.

Bo went quiet and both Dukes looked at the doctor.

" Well I have good news and bad news for y'all which would you like to hear?". asked Doc

" Well will take the good news first doc!". said Bo

" The good news is that Luke seems to be well on the road to recovery ". explained doc

" The bad news is that their seems to still be somethin' strange floatin' in Luke's blood stream". said Doc

" Well um.. what does all that mean doc you is speakin' all greek to me". said Jesse

" I don't know what it means unfortunately what it means to get the answer we would have to run more test's". explained doc

" So does that mean we can't take Luke home yet ?". asked Bo

" Yes that's what that means but I'm sure that when we find out what it is will let you know". said Doc.

Cue LizzyJackson-Davenport

" Oh Unca how can this be happin' to Luke he's too young to die he can't die yet". cried Daisy

" Now baby he's a Duke you'll see Luke will pull through this he'll survive". reassured Jesse

" Poor Luke he sure was suffering he was burnin' up somethin' awful".

Every now and then Luke's eyelids would flutter but they wouldn't open , he let out a few short coughs, then his eyes opened some.

" Unca Jesse I don't feel so good how in the heck did I get this sick"?. asked Luke

' I don't know boy but don't worry none you is gonna get better in time". said Jesse

Uncle Jesse picked up the wet wash cloth laying on the bedside table and picked it up and started coolin' Luke off some.

Luke was starting to feel some relief already but he just couldn't seem to keep from feelin' like he was fallin' back to sleep.

" Okay now Luke you just close your eyes and rest we ain't going nowhere's ". said Jesse

Bo was just finishin' up his cheeseburger , fries , sweet tea as he watched the taladaga 500 .

Daisy unfortnately had to leave on account of Boss Hogg would fire her if she was late for work.

Bo couldn't help but feel sorry for Luke who seemed to be sufferin' very bad he just wished he could help him .

Luke woke up on and off during the afternoon he even caught some of the race but he ended up missing most of the good parts on account of he couldn't seem to stay awake long enough and so he ended up catching most of the commericals.

Then Later on that day Dr. Mcbride had decided to run some test's to figure out why Luke ain't gettin' better.

Bo , Jesse felt like they had been waiting forever when the doctor finally came into the waiting room to tell them how Luke is.

' I"m sorry it took so long in gettin' back to ya but it seems that Luke catch meningitis,.

" Why would he catch that I thought he had mono ?". asked Bo

" Well Meningitis is a complication from Mono since meningitis is a bacterial infection we can give Luke an antibiotic treatment.

" When can we take Luke home I really think it would be better for him to recover at home". said Jesse

" Okay you gotta make sure that he stays in bed , gets plenty of rest , and he must take his medicene.

So the doctor ended up releasing Luke to Jesse, Bo and the nurse had to bring in a wheelchair for Luke to be escorted to the pick-up.

" Well Luke is you happy to be going home ?". asked Jesse

" I sure am it's gonna feel good to sleep in my own bed for a change". said Luke

Bo had to help Luke into the pick-up and unfortunately no sooner did Luke get in he feel asleep on Bo's shoulder.

2 hours later the Dukes arrived at the farm and Luke was still asleep so Bo shook him some and he slowly started to wake up.

" Luke you is home welcome back boy we sure missed ya". said Jesse

" Now we gotta get you in to bed so's you can rest up and I don't want to hear you sneaking out of bed". said Jesse

Cue LizzyJackson-Davenport

• 3 weeks later...

Come around noon Jesse decided to go and check on Luke again so he walked on over to the boys room and he opened the door.

Once again Luke remained asleep Jesse figured he would let Luke sleep at least until 1:00 then he would haved to wake him up.

Bo was starting to feel hot and also he was wishing that Luke wasn't stuck in bed.

Speaking of Luke he was starting to wake up some but unfortunately he just couldn't stay awake.

So as hard as Luke tried to keep his eyes from closing again in the end he lost the battle.

Meanwhile in the kitchen Uncle Jesse was fixing Luke some chicken noodle soup , crackers , warm tea . Once the soup was done cookin' He was gonna put it on a tray an carry it into the boys room , Luke was sleeping soundly when Jesse entered the room Luke looked so peaceful Jesse didn't have to heart to wake him up but he figured he better fore' the soup got cold.

" Luke , Luke , Luke, I got some soup here for ya you best wake up fore' it get's to cold". said Jesse

" Oh... , hey Uncle Jesse I ain't that hungry and my head is killin' me". said Luke

" Well you gotta eat boy you have to keep your strength up ". said Jesse

" So Luke took some sips of the soup , nibbles of the crackers, drank some of the warm tea.

" Please Luke just promise me you'll eat some of the soup ?". begged Jesse

" Okay I'll try but I'm telling ya I ain't that hungry ". said Luke

"So Luke did as he was told but unfortunately Luke's normal appetite wasn't up to par ".

Jesse knew thanks to the doctor and nurse that he had spoken to at the hospital that he shouldn't expect a very quick recovery from his boy but he wished that Luke would recover faster. When Luke had eaten everything he could Jesse took the tray back into the kitchen and began cleaning up.

"He not hungry Uncle Jesse?" Bo asked.

"Not too much. It's to be expected though. We just have to keep working with him." Jesse answered.

"I wish he was better."

"Me too, we just have to pray."

"I do. Every night." Bo sighed finishing his sandwich.

Over the next couple of days Luke slowly started to improve but he wasn't all the way out of the woods yet.

Early this morning while Bo was collecting the eggs , Jesse was milking the little baby piglet , Luke was still laying in bed resting.

" Unca Jesse it's kinda late don't ya think Luke should be up by now ". asked Bo

Before Jesse answered Bo's question he looked at his watch an noticed that it said 11:30 got to thinking what he could tell Bo.

" Well it's only 11:30 and you know Luke is still recovering so he's gonna need all the rest he can get.

Meanwhile Luke was still snoozing away until suddenly a sharp stabbing pain woke him up.

" Oh ... God my head this is the worst headache I"ve ever had ". said Luke

"Luke tried to stand up and get out of bed no sooner did he stand up he started feeling really dizzy".

" Oh .. . maybe this wasn't such a good idea ". said Luke

Unfortunately Luke only took maybe one or two steps then he passed out.

Cue LizzyJackson Davenport