Boss and Rosco got me an A in English

Hey y'all :)

Every year in my school we have something called the Gold Medal Essay. It's basically an excuse for teachers to see how creative we are. There's five classes per year, and in each class there's one winner.

My class did the essay after the Easter break. We were supposed to plan it over Easter but being Irish I kept putting it off and thinking that "sure it'll be grand". On the day of the essay I still decided that I'd "be grand". When english class started I looked at the titles for a few minutes. I can't remember much of them but two that I remember are "After the War..." and "Things That Make Me Happy". I chose the latter, and immediately began waffling on about whatever came into my head. After about 30 minutes I had written about acting,going out,bikes and British comedy and had managed to spread it over about 2 a4 pages. I saw that I had 50 minutes left, so I decided to write about the relationship between Boss Hogg and Rosco P Coltrane, both on screen and off screen. I wrote about how they could take something as simple putting a phone back on it's cradle, and turn it into comedy gold with everyone ending up on the floor in a tangle of flailing limbs. I also wrote about how over 50% of their dialogue was off the cuff, and how Rosco ate a sandwich at Boss Hogg's wake in the Boars Nest.

Because of this I managed to fill an extra page and a half, and I also won the gold medal in my class :)

I'll try and type out some of the essay and post it in the fan fic section :)

... being Irish I kept putting it off and thinking that "sure it'll be grand".

Since when was "mañana" assimilated into the Irish language?

... and had managed to spread it over about 2 a4 pages.

In case the American members aren't familiar with A4-sized paper, it's a similar size to "letter".

Because of this I managed to fill an extra page and a half, and I also won the gold medal in my class :)

So you got marked on quantity, not quality ;). Only kidding, well done on your achievement.

Rosco "Uh, hey Boss, did you hear that CDoherty got a gold medal for writing about us? Khee Khee"

Boss "A gold medal, do ya suppose we can steal it?"

Rosco "Uh, I dunno Boss, but we sure can try."

Boss "Okay, you distract everybody on the HazzardNet while I steal the medal"

Rosco "Uh, Boss, those HazzardNet folks are too smart to fall for that."

Boss "Shucks, well congratulations CDoherty!"

Rosco "Uh, hey Boss, did you hear that CDoherty got a gold medal for writing about us? Khee Khee"

Boss "A gold medal, do ya suppose we can steal it?"

Rosco "Uh, I dunno Boss, but we sure can try."

Boss "Okay, you distract everybody on the HazzardNet while I steal the medal"

Rosco "Uh, Boss, those HazzardNet folks are too smart to fall for that."

Boss "Shucks, well congratulations CDoherty!"

That is hilarious Roger. I am not that creative to think of that. As Rosco would say, "I love it, I love it.":lol:

CDoherty deserves to own a General Lee someday. (one with a motor, he's already got the bike!)

What a great timing to say that Brian. My friend answered a question that asked something like what they would get me and she said she would get me the General Lee. And I'm just like "AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW". It was so sweet to know that she would do that. She just knows me so well.

And like I said great timing but also funny timing.

KHEE! Congrats!

I dunno what tickles me more, that you 1) Wrote about Boss n' Rosco or 2) You procrastinated on thinking on it much and then turned in a winning essay. That's something Brian would do! (and Brian thinks he's a bad influence around here... LOL)

No pressure on typin' up that gold medal essay... :)

Now that I keep thinking about this, I'm wanting to write a paper on Dukes of Hazzard. But we aren't writing any paper in school since we have two 4-day weeks with exams being that second week.

I don't know what to do?:( I don't even feel like writing one for fun and just keeping it.