To Keep On Keepin' On

DaisyMaeDuke

Bo saw him go as he stood at the kitchen sink, watching Luke trudge off on his own. For once though, Bo didn't follow. As he watched his last hope at everything getting back to normal walk away from him, he closed off his heart completly. No one was getting let back in again, Luke had pushed him too far one too many times now...he had sworn when he came back from Nam never to leave him again...that they would always be together as brothers, helping each other through anything...fine end of the deal Luke had kept up.

Throwing the glass away, Bo went and sat in the lounge, still not tending to his arms as they dribbled and dripped blood all over the place. He just sat for a while, looking round at everything in the house before going and getting some boxes. It was time to move on...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke didn't look back. he himself knew that things had spiralled too far out of control. Sara had been wrong. Things weren't going to get better. As long as he stayed there they would only get worse. He cursed Bo from pulling him off that cliff anyway. Maybe if he had just died then and there none of this would have happened. Maybe if he had never made it back from Nam...Maybe...maybe...the thoughts kept coming and this time he didn't try to reason himself out. It didn't matter anymore. He had pushed everything way too far. It was time to leave.

Gradually through the course of the afternoon, Bo packed everything in the house up. He didn't know where Daisy would go, but he knew she would find somewhere. Wasn't like she didn't have friends who would take her in, he was sorry that she didn't have a family anymore of course but then again he didn't see why he should be. Wasn't his fault Luke was being like he was, wasn't his fault that he couldn't cope.

Eventually he taped up the last box, leaving them there before getting his bags and walking out the door for the final time. He wasn't planning on making a journey back there again, once he'd been into Hazzard and signed everything over to Boss that was it.

Luke walked on, soon finding himself kneeling in the cemetary at his uncle's grave,the tears cascading down his cheeks. He thought a lot about his uncle, how kind he had always been, how understanding, how patient... and he thought a lot about how disappointed he must be in Luke. "I tried...I did...I just ....I can't..." he choked, his whole body shaking. "I can't do this...I can't... I'm sorry...." With that he kissed the cold stone, so unlike his uncle's warm cheek, and ran as fast as he could.