"The Dukes"

Jayn

Well, I guess it depends on how you look at it. If someone was expecting it to be like Dukes then they probably didn't like it since it was a totally different type of show. It was based in Los Angeles and Enos was a cop there for a year and used his country boy common sense and innocence to help solve big city crimes. He had a partner and boss that he drove crazy because they had never really met a redneck like him. Of course, Enos always caught the bad guy. As Waylon said "In Hazzard, we like happy endings." I guess the writers applied that to LA also. The only real similarities to Dukes and this spinoff show was Enos (of course) and the great car stunts so some people weren't crazy about it but most dedicated Dukes fans loved having another show related to the original. We missed Enos chasing them Duke boys and flirting with Daisy though. Possum on a gumbush. I'm gone.

Enos was my favorite character the entire 7 years the series was out (I've recently switched to Uncle Jesse) so I loved the spinoff. The thing that would surprise most people about the show is how smart Enos was compared to how he was portrayed before moving to LA. Since I liked him so much it was awesome to see him get the respect I thought he deserved. He came across as a hick on the outside but a genius (in his own way) on the inside. He always managed to outdo those big city cops with his country boy common sense even though he was too humble to brag about his new found (thanks to the writers) smarts. Possum on a gumbush. I'm gone.