A new review from Ain't It Cool Reviews

Here is another upset and sad review about the Dukes movie… I don’t think I’ve heard a good review yet, unless it showcases how “beautiful†Jessica Simpson is in her Diasy Dukes outfit. It sounds like the guy who reviewed it is also a fan of the show. Man, was he disappointed. There are a few spoilers, but I think this thing is already spoiled! I, for one, won't be paying money for this movie. I'm using my free ticket we will all get in the Season 3 DVD box set.

http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=19893

PS I want to thank my girlfriend, Megan. She sent me this link. Without her patients with my Dukes obsession I would be a lonely man. Now if she could only find on eBay the electrical Dukes of Hazzard racetrack (with jump!) I use to play with as a child. I love her. I'll probably marry her at Cooter's Place. I gotta see if Ben Jones can get us hitched. :wink:

Hmmm.

I think hardcore duke fans wont like it. Horny teenage boys will.

The saddest part is, they could have appealed to both groups. The morons would be denied a chuckle at lost brain cells due to narcotics, but at least half of the audience wouldn't be offended/appalled at the shameless insulting of a legend. The original show did have plenty of appeal for everyone from horny teenage boys to old church ladies. And that's the simple ingredient that the Hollywood dummies can't grasp. They try for the "If you liked _____, you'll like this movie too" because they think it's impossible to include everyone in their audience. They don't want to appeal to everyone, because then they'd end up with a bomb, like Star Wars or Titanic.

What seems fishy in this review is this: "there really wasn't much of anything to like about this [TV] show for me....."

and

"I'm a fan big time of the original ya know, and I remember every Friday skipping everything including dates with hot chicks so I could get my fix of them Duke boys..."

Unless he is posting a review for someone else.

I don't think any proud Southerner or faithful Dukes fan should put money in these peoples pockets to sit for 120 minutes and be patronized and made fun of, not for a second.

But the reason for the way they made this movie is exactly because of the way these little pukes who wrote feedback on this review think.

First off, most of the feedbacks on this review are written by a bunch of kids who have no understanding of what the Dukes of Hazzard is.

Second, even if we had a good Dukes movie these little punks wouldn't get it anyways. For them to say it was a nothing TV show when it was on?

Do they realize the Dukes had better ratings in season 5 when it was Coy and Vance, then most of the stupid shows that are on network TV right now?

Do they realize this was a number 1 show for years?

No, they don't so even if they made a true to the series movie, they still would hate it, so this is where these hollywood elites made their fatal mistake. Instead of apealing to us, the true fans of the Dukes of Hazzard, they sold us and the show out!! and tried to apeal to the "Dude where's my car" crowd who wouldn't like this movie anyways!!!!

So now we're left with a "Dude where's my General Lee" and 120 minutes of offending and making fun of Southerners and trashing an institution.

This just pisses me off, you didn't see them doing this to Star Trek, nope, they could make a Star Trek 37, and there would still be a line of geeks in space suits waiting in line to see it.

But not us DOH fans, see this was a Southern show, so we don't count.

As I was writing this I finally figured it out!!!

This must be hollywood's revenge for Kerry loosing.....

The sorghum thickens! I don't have a lot of confidence in the "reviews" we've seen on the net so far. At least one has been proven to be a hoax.

You know what would be kewl, is if WB would give us HazzardNet folk an advance screeening. ( advance screaming? ) At this point, I'd just love to see what the heck really happens for myself.

At least they don't kill off any characters in this flick. Talk about Star Trek movies as an example - how about when Spock died, eh? They practically had to carry Trek fans out of the theatre on a stretcher.

Brian

Hey Ya'll

Havent posted in awhile, was just checking out the reviews about the new Dukes movie and I gotta tell ya, Im really getting tired of all the bashing. I dont care what these people say about the new movie, Im gonna go see the movie and have some fun. Just the fact that the General Lee has finally made it to the big screen is exciting enough

for me. The original cast and show will always be my favorite, but im still looking forward to the new movie. Take care ya'll...