Instrumental music on first 6 Episodes!

Darwin

Greetings all and great website! I hope others enjoy this post. Let's track down this instrumental music!

I think everyone wants to have that infamous instrumental music played on the first 6 episodes of "The Dukes of Hazzard" that was filmed in Covington, GA before moving to California. Especially the FIRST episode during the chase scenes. Well, still no luck. BUT, I came across a Waylon Jennings tune called - "Big Ball In Cowtown". It's on his 1976 'live' album. This song sounds VERY & EXTREMELY similar to the instrumental music. Once you hear this song, you'll agree. I bet this song was the influence for the instrumental music. -Dar.

PS-- here's a LINK to a snipet of the song. Click onto Big Ball In Cowtown. Enjoy!

LINK - http://www.buy.com/prod/Waylon_Live/q/loc/109/60330244.html

«DAR»™

Hi Darwin, welcome to HNet!

Given that the background music in those early episodes was done by Waylon's band, The Waylors, it's probably expected that it's in the similar vain as Waylon's material between 1976 and 1979. I've always thought "Rainy Day Woman" was very similar to the style of music of the background music as well.

It would be neat if a recording of the background music could be found somewhere. Tho' I suppose if somebody had the capability, they could sit through the first five eps and lift the various music off it and loop it together. LOL

HI MaryAnne,

Thank you for welcoming me! Yes, I listened to Rainy Day Woman. That sounds like the music played during the Boar's Nest scenes. And yes, I agree with you. I wish someone could make a loop of the chase music. But at least for now, I been listening to Big Ball In Cowtown. Everytime I listen to it, I think of the ending chase scene in One Armed Bandits. :p

• 1 month later...

That is one great Waylon album - Live.....I have 3 different CD versions and the last one I got -the expanded edition with all the added songs is awesome.

I love the song Slow Rollin' Low. A bit of trivia about that song , it is the song from the movie that was the inspiration for the DOH, a movie called Moonrunners.....

Sorry for my manners, welcome to Hazzardnet. Enjoy yourself around here.......

Darrell

• 3 months later...