The Sudden SnowStorm

After a few minutes, Cooter and Vicki walked downstairs.

"Cooter, are you sure about this?" Vicki asked questioningly. "Suppose Cletus comes back or if Rosco and Boss walks in on us?"

"Vicki...even though this is your day off, I'm sure that you'll come up with something to tell Rosco," said Cooter as he stepped out of the way as he watched Vicki unlock the door that led to the jail cells.

Flash barked at Cooter and Vicki when she saw them, but hushed when Cooter started petting her.

Vicki, meanwhile, was looking for the keys that were supposedly on the wall. "Sugar, did you try looking for the keys inside your old desk?" Bo asked as he watched the redhead look for the jail cell keys.

Vicki smiled widely at Bo. "That's an idea, sugar. I haven't been here that much lately to use my desk, but maybe it is in my stash hole."

"I hope so, Vicki," Luke said into the conversation. "Cletus just pulled up outside."

• 3 weeks later...

BALLADEER: "Uh-oh, y'all. Things can't get any worse, can they?"

What seemed like forever, Vicki finally found her stashed jail cell keys, and was now in the process of getting the jail cell door open, and freeing Bo and Luke.

Seconds later, she finally managed to get the jail cell door open.

"Thanks, sugar," said Bo as he rushed to Vicki, giving her a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Yeah, thanks, Vicki. At least you and Cooter are on our side," said Luke giving Vicki a light hug, then added as he patted Cooter on the back, "Thanks, Cooter."

"You can thank us later as soon as we get back to my garage. We need to get out of here before Cooter finds out that y'all escaped," said Cooter as he led the way up the staircase...

They made it through the booking office without any problems. Just as they were coming out of the building, Cletus could be seen barely in the distance heading towards them as he walked around the corner.

"Oh, great!" muttered Vicki angrily as she watched Cletus walking towards them then added, "If he sees me helping y'all escape, Rosco will have my hide. That means that he'll make me work on Valantine's Day when I was wanting it off!"

Bo put his arm around Vicki's shoulder as he whispered into her ear, "Don't worry, sugar. Rosco will never know that you helped us escape."

"Rosco better not find out," Vicki said as she laid her redhead slightly in the crook of Bo's arm around her shoulder.

Glancing at Cletus heading towards them then back at Luke, Bo added, "What do we do, Luke?"

Luke glanced around. "Let's get into the bushes. Maybe Cletus won't see us hiding in there."

--->Bo, Luke, Cooter, and Vicki jumped into the bushes just before Cletus came up to them.

Sure enough, Cletus didn't notice them at all as he walked past them and into the Courthouse. Luke was right, Cletus didn't noticed them at all.

"What do we do now?" Bo asked as he glanced around in the blinding snow then added, "We can't stay here in the open. It's too cold out here, and Rosco and Boss could show back up at any minute."

"Let's head to the garage. Maybe Rosco won't start snooping there until y'all are long gone," said Cooter as he, Luke, Bo, and Vicki started running fast in the blind snow towards the garage.

• 1 month later...

**COOTER'S GARAGE---about 10 minutes later---**

Bo, Luke, Cooter, and Vicki listened to the CB as Cletus talked to Rosco.

None of them sounded too happy as they listened to Cletus talk to Rosco.

"Luke, what are we going to do now? We can't hide here. This will be the first place that they will look for us," said Bo worriedly as he paced around the garage.

Luke looked out the window, waiting for Rosco to come out of the Courthouse. "I don't know, cousin. We're going to have to leave here soon. It is starting to snow a little harder."

As Bo and Luke were watching for Rosco, Vicki grabbed a hold of Bo's hand, giving it a little comforting squeeze.

"Bo, I know of a place where you & Luke can hide out, but it would be the 1st place that Rosco will look for y'all."

Luke walked over to where Vicki & Bo were standing. He know what the redhead had on her mind. "Vicki, hiding me and Bo out at your parent's farmhouse would be a good idea, except for one thing..." Luke said rolling his eyes at Bo then added, "Rosco knows by now that most of the time when my lovesick cousin isn't with me, he's with you."

Bo rolled his eyes at Luke as he held onto Vicki's left hand.

Cooter peered out his garage door at the blinding snow. He could see Rosco and Cletus heading towards the garage.

"Hey, y'all aren't going to like this..." Cooter said as he noticed the wind started to blow harder and that Rosco was heading across the street towards them...

• 4 weeks later...

"What's wrong?" Vicki asked as she walked over to where Cooter was standing.

"Is Rosco walking over here?" asked Luke as he walked over to where Cooter and Vicki were standing.

Cooter shook his head. "Him too, but it is starting to snow again, and its coming down heavily."

Vicki glanced outside at the snow and at Rosco, who was walking across the street. "I can't believe that it has starting snowing again." She then slipped her arm around Bo's waist. "It was snowing on us yesterday afternoon."

"I know, sugar," Bo said as he smiled at Vicki then added, "Why is t snowing in Hazzard?"

"I don't know either, y'all. But I think that y'all better hide quick because Rosco is right outside the door," said Cooter, shutting his garage door.

"Come on, you two!" Luke barked at Bo and Vicki then added, "Let's get out of here!"

Luke then quickly climbed the ladder, followed by Bo and Vicki.

Cooter had just raised the hood on Vicki's car as Rosco walked in the garage door out of the blinding snow outside...

• 2 weeks later...

:o AUTHOR NOTE: Hello all, I'm back to writing on this winter fic, even though it is summer! Y'all can think of the cold weather! lol :lol: **

Cooter was trying to act natural as Rosco burst into the door of the garage. "All right, Cooter! Where are they? Cletus told me that they headed this way!" Barked Rosco as he looked around the Garage.

"Where is Who?" Cooter asked, as he was tightening a bolt on Vicki's blue mustang. (This is well before she got it rebuilt & repainted)

Rosco looked closely at the blue mustang. "They have to be close! You're working on Vicki's mustang, and this is her day off from working for me. Bo Duke has to be nearby. Normally when Vicki isn't working, she's with him most of the time. I'm going to take a look around the garage for them."

"Help yourself, Rosco," Cooter said, trying to keep from laughing then added, "But I haven't seen them all morning."

• 5 weeks later...

Up in Cooter's loft, Vicki was giggling softly as she heard to Rosco's & Cooter's conversation. "This is really a show. I just hope that Rosco doesn't find out that Cooter & I help y'all escape out of jail."

"Yeah, Cooter is really giving Rosco a good shuck-n-jive," said Bo, looking down as he watched Rosco talk to Cooter.

"Yeah," said Luke, noticing that Rosco was searching the garage then added, "We better keep quiet. Rosco is liable to see us up here if we're too loud."

Rosco shook his head. "Cooter, I know that you have seen them sometime today."

"Rosco, the last I heard, you had Bo & Luke in jail," said Cooter as he finished tightening a bolt on the mustang.

Rosco shook his head. "No, they're gone. Cletus said that they escaped while he was out on patrol."

"Well, you can continue to search for them, but I know that they ain't here," said Cooter as he puts the hood down on the mustang, then sat on top of it.

"No, they're probably already back at the farm. I need to leave and go out and find them before the snow gets any worse. Talk to you later, Cooter," said grumbled Rosco as he left the garage.

"Suit yourself, Rosco. Have fun out there in the snow," yelled Cooter as he shut the garage door after Rosco left.

• 2 weeks later...
**AUTHOR NOTE: 12-14-03

Merry Christmas Y'all! :D:D

Have y'all ever wondered if snow ever felled in Hazzard County? I think that it might have. LOL! I'm thinking that Hazzard County was near the Tennessee State Line or Close to the Alabama State Line. If it was close to there, then it did snow on occasion in Hazzard. Of course I could be wrong... LOL :lol:

This cute little story that I have recently written off-line might tell that tale about a rare sudden blizzard in Hazzard. I hope that y'all will like it.

Time Line of Story--> January, 1981 Mid-3rd Season

RATING--> G unless otherwise noted

If y'all would like to add any comments, please feel free to E-mail me at

ChickasawRedhead@aol.com.

Take Care Y'all & Happy Holiday's!

Vicki

**STORY STARTS NEXT POST**

Hazzard was NOT close to the Tennessee state line so much as it was close to Atlanta. It was North of Atlanta, and just on the bottom of Ellijay. Right in between there. Ever wonder why they got to Atlanta so fast? North about 100 miles is the Tennessee state line. West about 86 is Alabama.

I live North of Atlanta in Georgia also. Above Ellijay though, in a place called Dalton.

It snows maybe an inch or two ever three or four years. In Ellijay maybe once a year, and it stays on the ground for a few days. South Tennessee where the state line is your speaking about, gets the same amount as North. Ga. Little to none.

However, on RARE Occassion...we get several inches. In 93 we got about five feet! On account of the Great Blizzard. Sometimes we get wicked icestorms too.

Aint's no harm in writing a story about a snowstorm. I live in basically the same spot 'Hazzard' was supposed to have been. I've seen snow.

AUTHOR NOTE: This is a continuous story originally written back in May to November 1999. I have been writing Dukes fics since December 1998, and a member of Hazzardnet since January 2002. I'm not on-line everyday to write on this one!

**If y'all would like to add any future comments to this storyline or any others, I do have a comment page here in story ideas or you can E-mail me or private message me!**

Second part is that I have seen several stories in the past on different sites that involved the Dukes in a Snowstorm, blizzard, etc..

Maybe Hazzard is located near the mountains, maybe not, even though there are mountains in the backgrounds on some of the episodes, and in that Christmas episode, they had on heavy coats! I do know that Hazzard(even though it is fictional) is located near Atlanta, and Atlanta has snow every winter. My best friend lives there!

I'm am so sorry... :-? 8) :o

****NOW BACK TO REGULAR SCHEDULE PROGRAMMING****

****STORY CONTINUES NEXT POST****

AUTHOR NOTE: This is a continuous story originally written back in May to November 1999. I have been writing Dukes fics since December 1998, and a member of Hazzardnet since January 2002. I'm not on-line everyday to write on this one!

**If y'all would like to add any future comments to this storyline or any others, I do have a comment page here in story ideas or you can E-mail me or private message me!**

Second part is that I have seen several stories in the past on different sites that involved the Dukes in a Snowstorm, blizzard, etc..

Maybe Hazzard is located near the mountains, maybe not, even though there are mountains in the backgrounds on some of the episodes, and in that Christmas episode, they had on heavy coats! I do know that Hazzard(even though it is fictional) is located near Atlanta, and Atlanta has snow every winter. My best friend lives there!

I'm am so sorry... :-? 8) :o

****NOW BACK TO REGULAR SCHEDULE PROGRAMMING****

****STORY CONTINUES NEXT POST****

I'll comment there in the future. Or simply e-mail you. I live in Georgia though, North of Atlanta, and I am telling you, NO SNOW. We are lucky, and I mean LUCKY if we get an inch in a year.

Further more the Dukes was filmed in Cali. I believe only 3 or maybe 5 epsidoes were filmed in Georgia. That was in Conyers/Convington no less. But hey,.its fanfic, so whatever.

AUTHOR NOTE: **LOL! So So Sorry I didn't know. We only get about an inch of snow on average here in Northern Oklahoma every winter.

But sometimes freak weather accidents CAN happen, especially in fanfiction! And in this Storyline ONLY, it can happen! :-? 8)

NOW BACK TO THE SNOWY STORYLINE...

Bo looked out the window at the falling snow. "Luke, when was the last time that it snowed like this?"

"Well, back in December it was almost cold enough to snow, but it's nothing like this. This has to be a FREAK snowstorm," Luke said as he looked outside the loft window at the snow coming down, then watching Rosco go back inside the Courthouse. "Oh, good. Rosco is going back inside the Courthouse."

"That's good. Let's go downstairs," said Bo as he followed Luke down the ladder to the garage...

• 3 weeks later...

Vicki looked at the falling snow out the window, and at Rosco who was going back to the Courthouse. "PEACE & QUIET at last since Rosco had to leave "

"Sure looks that away, sugar," said Bo, wrapping his arms around the redhead then added back to Luke, "Since he's gone, do you think that we need to start looking for the crooks?"

"I'm not sure where they're hiding out, Bo. But WE need to hide out too. Rosco will probably start looking for us," said Luke as he glanced outside the falling snow coming down.

"Luke, what can y'all do? You can't go back to the farm. That's the first place that Rosco will start looking," said Vicki as she & Bo walked up to Luke and Cooter.

"I don't know, Vicki," said Luke as he continued to stare at the snow. "Man, this is the 1st time since I was little that I have seen a blizzard here in this part of Georgia."

• 2 weeks later...

Vicki peered outside at the blinding snow. "Y'all, before my family moved out here, I remember seeing a blizzard similiar to this back home in Tulsa. It was a freak snowstorm in March of "78". A foot of snow fell that year."

"Wow! So you've been through this before?" Bo asked, putting his arm around Vicki's shoulders.

"Yeah...nearly 3 years ago now. It was a lot of fun for me trying to learn how to drive in that mess," Vicki said and giggled as she looked at the snow coming down then added, "Hey, it is now starting to cover the street a little."

Cooter opened the front door of his garage. "If you two are going to hide somewhere and wait for the crooks, you better leave soon. It's getting worse."

**AUTHOR NOTE: Oh, How I wish it was snowing right now here instead of 100 degree heat! At least it can & will snow in fanfiction! lol :D

"Bo, we need to leave. The snow is getting worse," said Luke, putting his coat back on.

"Yeah, but how do we do it? Do we break the General out of the impound yard?" asked Bo as he was putting his coat back on.

"No, it's too risky. Rosco or Cletus might see us. We can't afford to spend the night in jail with the crooks that really robbed Boss's house still out there in the open. They might strike somewhere next," Luke said, shaking his head.

"Y'all need to get something to drive that can handle this snowstorm," said Cooter as he opened his garage door.

Vicki looked at her car. She knew what she had to do. She then walked over to where Bo & Luke was standing. "Cooter just finished working on my car, why don't you use her?"

"YEE-HAW!" Bo squeeled, holding Vicki close then added, "You are really something! I could kiss you for that."

Vicki giggled as Bo held her.

"Vicki, you don't mind at all?" Luke asked.

"Of course not!" said Vicki worriedly as she handed her car keys to Bo. "You guys need to figure out why those crooks framed you for robbing Boss's house. You need my car to go after them. The General or my patrol car would stand out too much."

Just then, a loud crash could be heard in the distance. BOOM!!

• 2 months later...

AUTHOR NOTE: Happy Holidays y'all. I'm back to writing on this fic, but it won't be an everyday occurance! lol But I'll try to finish it before Christmas. Take Care!

"Wow! What was that?" Vicki asked as she looked outside the Garage.

"I don't know," said Bo as he peered outside.

Luke looked around outside. In the blinding snow. He could see smoke coming from the Bank. He could see 2 men running outside the bank door, carring a duffle bag full of money. "Uh-oh, y'all. Those crooks just robbed Boss's Bank."

Vicki glanced outside the garage again. There she saw that a gray sedan was speeding away from the bank. "Look! They're getting away. We have to go after them!"

"Look, sugar," Bo said, placing a hand on Vicki's arm. "It's too danagerous to drive in this blizzard. Why don't you stay here, and try to get ahold of Rosco and tell him not to blame us for the bank robbery."

"Bo, I know that you think that it is danagerous, but I am a trained officer. I am going with you & Luke," Vicki said angrily as she got on her heavy coat.

• 2 weeks later...

"Vicki! No! It's too danagerous going out in this blizzard!" Luke said, placing a hand on the redhead's arm.

"Yeah, sugar, stay here with Cooter until the snow stops," said Bo, drawing his arms around Vicki, trying to calm her down.

Something inside Vicki snapped. She heard it in the back of her head like a breaking twig. Fear for Bo's & Luke's safety was the furthest thing from her mind as her fiery temper surges through her.

"So is that what you want me to do?" she snapped at Bo, backing away from him.

Bo shook his head, surprised by the redhead's reaction. "Sorry, sugar, but I want you to stay here."

"No!" Vicki lifted her head and looked at him as he & Luke were pulling the mustang out of the garage.

Angrily, Vicki slammed the garage door so hard that it shook the building.

"Vicki, you okay?" Cooter asked, looking at how furious the redhead was.

"Cooter, sorry that I slammed your garage door, but I am mad at Bo right now. He thinks that I can't take care of myself in this snowstorm," Vicki said in a furious voice. "But I am going to take care of myself. I'm going after them in this blizzard." She said pulling on her coat as she stepped out into the snowstorm.

• 1 month later...

Angrily, Vicki trudged across the snow and into the Hazzard County Courthouse, startling Rosco.

"Vicki! What in the world are you doing here in this Blizzard? Where were you at a minute ago? Were you at Cooter's Garage? I saw your car there," asked Rosco as he walked over to Vicki.

Furiously Vicki grabbed an extra set of keys. "I'm going after Bo & Luke. They are going after the crooks that robbed Boss's house earlier."

"Vicki, you mean that Bo & Luke didn't rob Boss's house. Where were they all this time?" asked Rosco as he was getting back on his heavy coat.

"Bo has been with me most of the time. We only came into town to figure out where the crooks are going to hit next," said Vicki opening the front door of the courthouse.

**Just then, a gray sedan drove by fast, nearly colliding with Rosco's parked patrol car.

Luke pulled the black mustang to a screeching halt right in front of Vicki & Rosco. Vicki glanced in the car for Bo.

"Come on, we have to go after them! They had just robbed the bank, and Bo is with them!"

• 3 weeks later...

Vicki stared at Luke with surprise. "What do you mean that Bo is with them?" she asked demandingly. "What did you two do now?"

"Vicki, we didn't do anything. You know what we did anyway. When we were still at Cooter's, and saw that car take off fast in that snow, me & Bo took off after them. We caught them when we saw at least one of them coming out of the bank. Bo went inside the bank after the other one," said Luke, placing a hand on Vicki's arm, trying to calm the redhead down.

Vicki looked back at the bank. Despite the blinding snow, the bank's doors were wide open. Getting out of the patrol car, Vicki ran towards the bank.

"Luke, I don't think that Bo is with them. I think that he is still inside the bank. Probably hurt or worse!"

Bo moaned loudly as he opened his eyes. He sat up, touching the back of his head with his hand. "That other person that robbed Boss's bank must have side-swipped me as I walked into the bank." Bo thought as he got up off the floor.

Luke ran inside the bank first, followed by Vicki & Rosco.

"Bo! Are you okay?" Luke asked, glancing at Bo.

"Just fine, cousin." Bo nodded to Luke, who was getting slowly to his feet.

"You don't look fine to me, sugar," said Vicki, placing her arm around Bo's waist. "Your face is as white as the snow outside."

"I'm fine, sweetheart. Just got knocked-out by whoever robbed the bank," said Bo, holding his head then looked at Rosco. "Rosco, we didn't do this. And we also didn't robbed Boss's house earlier."

"Yeah, that is what Vicki told me earlier," Rosco said, looking at his god-daughter then added, "Let's go after these crooks. After all they are the ones that robbed Boss Hogg."

Vicki glanced down the street. She could still see the gray sedan in the blinding snow. "Yeah, we can still get them. Besides, they can't drive very fast in this snow anyway."

AUTHOR NOTE: Hello all! This is the final post on this story. After finishing this story, I will be taking some time off from writing. It could possibly be permanent. I really don't know at this time. Take Care! :-?

Several minutes later, Rosco & Vicki followed Bo & Luke as they were chasing after the crooks.

They were sliding all over the road as the snow & ice were beginning to pile up on the roads. Within a few minutes, they had caught up with the crooks.

Vicki watched as Bo had tried to force the gray sedan off the road.

"Bo better watch out the way he is driving my car. He better be careful with her."

Glancing at Vicki, Rosco smiled. "Why are Bo & Luke in your car anyway? They are usually in the General Lee most of the time."

"Not this time, Rosco. Besides, Cooter put snow tires on my car this morning. And Bo thought that the General Lee would stand out in this snow," said Vicki as she glanced at them in front of her & Rosco.

Vicki breathed a sigh of relief as Bo forced the crooks off the road. "They caught them, Rosco. Now what do you think of Bo & Luke?"

Rosco laughed at his god-daughter. "They are always around when you need them. And they always save the day for us."

"That they do, Rosco. That they do," said Vicki in agreement as she watched Bo & Luke get the crooks out of the car.

BALLADEER: "I have to agree with Vicki. Bo & Luke can outsmart anyone in any type of weather! Y'all take it easy! The Dukes always does!"

******THE END*******