The Dukes of Hazzard is on TVLand

Meadowmufn

Imagine a co-worker, who you didn't like, robbed a bank and the response of the authorities was to arrest him and days later come to into the homes of all his co-workers  and take away all their furniture.

That would make absolutely no sense at all.

Apparently it would make sense to TVLand though.

Oh well, I have to stop thinking about this thing because it's not good to focus on something negative for so long. Life's too short.

So I guess it's time to take the loss on the chin and move on

If we ever see a day that the government comes into our homes and confiscates our Dukes DVDs by force because the Dukes of Hazzard has been deemed "hate speech" then I guess I'll have a bigger problem.  

I don't think it will get that bad in my lifetime but I see nothing to stop the trend of the politically correct few to impose their will on the innocent majority. We're supposed to be a nation that is tolerant of everybody but if your views aren't in line with what the government wants them to be, there will be no tolerance for you.

Hopefully this will be my last post on the subject. It's time to put a Dukes DVD in and move on to better things.

Roger, see the Twilight Zone episode "The Obsolete Man". It's over 50 years old, but even more relevant and scary today. 

On the subject of commercials someone told me the new Autotrader Duke Boys ads have been re-cut to not show the flag on the top of the General, I haven't seen them on tv recently though then again I tend to turn the channel when commercials start lol.  

Spike, the commercial never showed the top of the General to begin with. They were very careful with the angles that they shot it at precisely because of the flag.