"Hazzard"ous Cliches

Reading through various fanfic sites it seems clear that many stories like to depend on the same old cliches which (to me) make them extremely boring. Many times while reading I'd love to just shout, "Show some originality people!" LOL! Anyway, I figured that maybe a thread devoted to listing some of these general cliches that over-run our fandom and perhaps discuss the reasons why those cliches are over-used. I'll start it off:

Luke always seems to be getting a head injury of some kind.

Someone gets sick and the whole family is worried for the family member from the very first chapter.

One of the fellas or more are in a car accident and end up an a coma.

A girl shows up out of no where and one or more of the guys fall madly and instantly in love with her for no apparent reason at all. (No character development before they are in "Love").

If the story involves Coy, Vance, Luke and Bo; a lot of writers like to make it where they are at odds with one another despite there is nothing in the show that would point to that.

In a lot of stories Bo is written to have asthma even though it was never mentioned in the show simply because John Schneider had it as a child. He also admits that he was a chunky kid but no one ever writes Bo as being overweight.

And then of course there are the Enos/Daisy stories that always end up with the same results.

Personally, it has gotten to the point that if there is even a HINT of the story following down one of the above paths I won't even open them up anymore.

And then of course there are the Enos/Daisy stories that always end up with the same results.

It's not important the end, but HOW the story develops to that end, ;)

I've personally written a LOT of Enos/Daisy fics, but any story is pretty different (I mean, I've written plots TOTALLY different), and any Enos/Daisy's writer had his own style, his own way to develop a plot, and his own way to "analyze" the characters and their relationship.

And if someone is not interested in the pairing, well, he can simply not read fics based on this paring. :p

Anyway, I think it's not correct to define a pairing as a "clichè". A clichè is a overused plot as "loss of memory", "change of personality", "false deaths and ..ehm.. resurrection", "hypnosis", and so on. But writing 'bout a given character (or pairing) is not a clichè, in my opinion. :roll:

A little more to say...

I think fanfics are GREAT 'cause anybody can find something he likes to read of or to write of.

Obviously everyone has his own taste 'bout plots, style, characters' analysis and pairing, but there are enough writers to satisty any reader. :)

I perfectly know my fanfics, for example, are for few readers, and it's OK, but I'm happy to enjoy those few readers. :innocent: