When did the show start using model cars for stunts?

jaydee311

Yes sir, I am positivley sure that model cars were used in the final season of the Dukes of Hazzard. I dont know if you have any of the final season on VHS but if you look closely at the jump sequences, you can defenitley tell that the cars are models. They dont have any suspension whatsoever and they land like toys....I guess the budget was getting tight in the last season. I think they were having a hard time buying Dodge chargers too. After all they went through 309 1969 Dodge Chargers. Thats alot of General Lees.

I didn't realize until I started watching the DVDs how much was shot on a sound stage. When your 4 and watching broadcast you can't tell much. I couldn't even tell as much on TNN a few years back. Maybe because of a more critical eye I can see it now, and DVD enhances the color and such.

A good example- I never realized that the tail lights of the general are on at the final jump of the opening credits until I watched the DVD and saw them come on as it landed. How could I have missed that for the past 20 years?

Speaking of tail lights, did you know that some 1968 Chargers were used in the series also. The 68 Chargers had four round tail lights and a front grille without the center section and slightly different front fenders. The Warner Bros Mechanics fitted the 68 models with the 69 taillight assemblies and 69 grilles and there you have it.

• 1 month later...