Gilmore Girls

CDoherty95

Hey y'all :)

I was looking for behind the scenes Duke pictures earlier and came across this website http://hookedonhouses.net/2010/05/16/gilmore-girls-dragonfly-inn-and-scenes-from-stars-hollow/ which is dedicated to the tv show "Gilmore Girls".

Don't ask me why but I read through the page, and found there to be a couple of Duke references. The local diner is called "Luke's Diner" and originally it was meant to be run by a character called Daisy,but because of the number of female roles already, the producers opted to have the diner owner called Luke.

Here's a picture of the actor that plays Luke (Scott Patterson)

6e5d82d7.jpg

I don't know about y'all but he does seem to bear a resemblance of sorts to Tom Wopat during his Luke Duke days.

There's also mention of Luke having a troubled young nephew (sound familiar) come to visit him. Anyone want to "hazzard" a guess as to what the nephew was called?

No he wasn't called Bo,he was called Jess.

Isn't amazing how the Dukes can crop up in modern day tv? I wonder is the Gilmore Girls script writer a fan of the Dukes?

I use to love that show! Had to admit Luke was my favorite character. Perhaps it was his name and appearance, but he was always so nice and friendly - except to the mayor of course. HA HA. They had some cute and funny lines in the show...and yes I remember Jess too. He did have an attitude problem if I remember right. Been a few years since I actually sat down and watched it. Was always sad that Lorelei and him never really got married...unless they did in later episodes. Don't think I've seen 'em all.

Did associate Luke's name with Luke, but that is as far as it had went for me Duke wise. Thanks for pointing all that out. Never knew about the restaurant almost being ran by a Daisy...I'd have missed Luke if they did that though. :)