Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry

Brian Coltrane

I don't have good details on this one, I'm hoping Cap'n Redneck can help me out. It was mentioned on another thread and this is a wild flick worth mentioning here.

First of all, the getaway car in this flick is a black Charger, and I believe it's a '69 or '68. This is another 70's-era movie that was a cross between an action/crime flick and massive car chase. I recall it being violent for the day; but by today's standards it's probably a creampuff.

The singular feature of this film that gives it my recommendation, is the shock ending. I think the first time I caught this flick on TV, I literally jumped at the ending. And then the credits roll, and you're just sitting there like..."aaaaaaauigh!!" Or at least I was. Still, it was cool, and one of the best "twists" in scriptwriting that I've seen to this day.

Brian

I have it on video, taped it off a movie channel a number of years back...Peter Fonda and Susan George star in it ..Mary and Larry are a couple who, with Larry's ace mechanic, try robbing a grocery story owner, and take a woman from the store with them . They are chased over all over ...The ending is what really stands out in this movie.....

I just might have to dig this movie out watch it again....

The movie was just on yesterday afternoon on the Fox Movie Channel...

Peter Fonda and Adam Rourke try and rob a grocery store. They rob the store to try to get money to get back and compete in NASCAR Susan George is a girl who Peter Fonda slept with the night before and tried to ditch, but somehow got involved .Vic Morrow is a police captian who chases them all over the town . It is a light green 69 Dodge Charger R/T w/ the 440 motor.That is the car that they switch to to try and outsmart the cops.

I knew I forgot a lot about this movie....Good thing it was on....

• 1 month later...

Good catch.....that is the yellow charger for mthe movie...I found it on the IMDB website...Here are the other movie connections in the opening credits of "The Fall Guy"

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0081859/trivia

The opening credits feature a yellow Dodge Charger crashing crashing into a speeding locomotive. This stunt is from Dirty Mary Crazy Larry (1974).

The opening credits feature a man dangling from a railroad crossing light pole. This stunt is from Silver Streak (1976).

One episode features a helicopter/cropduster chase. This stunt is from Capricorn One (1978).

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Good film, I watched it recently. Capt_Redneck was correct in identifying the main car as a '69 Dodge Charger, but 3 cars were used: 1969 Charger R/T; 1969 Charger (non-R/T); 1968 Charger. I think the '68 was only shown from the front, but the car clearly loses its split grille in some scenes.