Dukes of Hazzard Stunt Show Aug 20th

The famous Hazzard County Stunt Show, presented by the Northeast Ohio Dukes, will be at the Lake County Fair on August 20th!

There are NO cast appearances involved, this is a car stunt show only. But it's a great show, featuring the General Lee and police cars in live, dirt-flying, chase-and-crash action.

Here's a link with the where and what:

Hazzard County Stunt Show

They always pack the place, so get there early for a good seat!

Thanks for posting this information Brian. This show at the Lake County Fair was rained out last year. It started raining at noon and didn't stop for several hours, rendering the track condition unusable and unsafe. Hopefully Mother Nature will cooperate and the show can come back with a vengence.

The Lake County Fair is awesome and there's a lot to do there so come early and spend the whole day and enjoy an amazing show in the evening. It's located just east of Cleveland Ohio near scenic Lake Erie.

LOL I'm from just across the line in Pennsylvania so I'm not sure....in fact, I'm so clueless I can't even think of anything funny.

Awright, then what's the traditional and popular fair food in Pennsylvania? Philly cheese steak on a stick?

I thought you were from Ohio for some reason. Maybe because you talk about Ohio. You'll have to wax on about Pennsylvania more often so I don't get confused.

Thanks so much for posting about the stunt show on the homepage. I sure do love this show. I'm even going to miss a Charlie Daniels concert because of it. By the way Charlie narrated a great show on the History channel last night called "You Don't Know Dixie" For all the folks here who love southern culture it's a "must see" They're going to be reruning it soon so check it out.

As you know Pennsyvania is sorta shaped like a rectangle. Philly is in the lower right corner. I live in the upper left corner by the Ohio line and Lake Erie.

We're more deer meat eaters than Philly cheese steak people but it's not legal to sell fried deer on a stick at fairs. In fact, now that Punxatawney Phil is the most famous groundhog in America, it's not even legal to sell pickled woodchuck livers at fairs anymore.

As you know Pennsyvania is sorta shaped like a rectangle. Philly is in the lower right corner. I live in the upper left corner by the Ohio line and Lake Erie.

We're more deer meat eaters than Philly cheese steak people but it's not legal to sell fried deer on a stick at fairs. In fact, now that Punxatawney Phil is the most famous groundhog in America, it's not even legal to sell pickled woodchuck livers at fairs anymore.

Saying that your state is "sorta shaped like a rectangle" isn't waxing poetic, ya know. But it's accurate. All I remember about the Keystone State is driving through a part of it on my way to Virginia in years past, and going through this huge tunnel carved through the base of a mountain. That was cool. I was surprised how hilly parts of PA were.

All I know about Ohio, is it takes at least three hours to drive through it. I've been to Cincinnati a couple times on business, stayed in hotel that was right across from the WKRP building. But after staring at it for 10 minutes I was at a loss for anything else to do. The Ohio Valley is very scenic, though, I remember that.

Back to your fairs - no picked groundhog gizzards, eh? I've seen venison at some fairs, in the form of burgers and meat jerky, but venison is a dry, chewy meat and I'm not fond of the gamey taste. I've heard that goat tastes better but I've never bothered finding out.

Anyway, have fun at the stunt show tomorrow, and tell us all about it when you get back! Give the NE Ohio Dukes our regards. I hope to see one of their shows myself in the future.

Thanks again for the homepage coverage Brian. As I type this it's almost noon here in Pennsylvania so I'll be taking off in about an hour. Last year I helped Ray's manager (and later the sound man) and also wrote the questions for the trivia contest but the whole thing got rained out. The show doesn't start until this evening (7:30 I think) but there's a lot to do for set up. In fact, Ray and some of his team have already been there at least a couple days getting things set up. Ray's already done two shows this year. One I missed because of my grandson's second birthday in northern Virginia and the next I missed because of my wife's 50th birthday in the Poconos ....so needless to say I'm pretty excited. As the old saying goes, I'll have a full report on the desk in the morning. YEEHHAWWW!

• 2 weeks later...

I just got some pictures back from the stunt show. My wife took one of me standing beside the General Lee. It was lined up with Boss's Caddy, Rosco's sheriff's car and Jesse's truck....all perfect replicas and all are in the picture too. I felt like I was living out the episode "Carnival of Thrills." It's a picture I'll value my whole life.

I just got some pictures back from the stunt show. My wife took one of me standing beside the General Lee. It was lined up with Boss's Caddy, Rosco's sheriff's car and Jesse's truck....all perfect replicas and all are in the picture too. I felt like I was living out the episode "Carnival of Thrills." It's a picture I'll value my whole life.

Why not share it with the rest of us? A picture paints a thousand words and all that....

Now come on Brian, you've known me long enough to know that my inability to figure computer stuff out is legendary. If you want to leave instructions maybe my wife could figure it out though. She just bought a new camera yesterday that is pretty state-of-the-art but I'm not sure the camera she took the picture with is very advanced. Still, we'll give it a try if you can send instructions.

Now come on Brian, you've known me long enough to know that my inability to figure computer stuff out is legendary. If you want to leave instructions maybe my wife could figure it out though. She just bought a new camera yesterday that is pretty state-of-the-art but I'm not sure the camera she took the picture with is very advanced. Still, we'll give it a try if you can send instructions.

I'm sure we can help ya figure it out. I'll private message a couple questions and hopefully we can get some of these pics up for everyone to enjoy.