"For whatever reason, they really didn't reach out to any of the

original cast members," Wopat said. "I hope that they have as much

fun as we did making it. It was always a show that kids could watch

and adults could still get a little bit of kick out of. I hope that

they keep that spirit as they make the film."

Im surpised and dissapointed to hear that the original cast didn't get

an oppertunity to make an appearance in this movie

But Im glad to hear that Tom Wopat has a positive attitude twords

the new cast as some fans are dissapointed.

Oh yea it was qouted Cathrane Bach (original Daisy ) thinks of Jessica Simpson (new Daisy) as really sweet

[howdy yall if the original cast arent going to be in it then then why in the name of LULU would they even think of doing the dukes movie I mean yeah to get new generations interested in it but still they should have at least a small cameo or bit part. Wopat Schneider and Bach are the dukes and nobody else could ever fill their boots. Sorry yall it just turns me sideways to think that a movie production could be so brass to snuff off the originals and not even try to place them somewhere in the movie

oh well just have to see the movie to find out for sure

Rosco " keep the pedal to the metal and your gown down I'm gone"

I think people need to get it in their heads that this is not another reunion movie. It's a fresh new take on the story. For one thing, in the movie the Duke family are still running moonshine. This isn't a carbon copy of the t.v. show like so many other movies. I'm glad they're not doing it like Starsky and Hutch but I'm also glad that they're making it a little more grittier than the t.v. show. As for the original cast not being in the movie I think it's a good thing. If they're not going to have a major role in the movie than why would they want to be in it? Just so people can look and say "wow they look older". I think the classy thing for them to do is not be in it.

I think people need to get it in their heads that this is not another reunion movie. It's a fresh new take on the story. For one thing, in the movie the Duke family are still running moonshine. This isn't a carbon copy of the t.v. show like so many other movies. I'm glad they're not doing it like Starsky and Hutch but I'm also glad that they're making it a little more grittier than the t.v. show. As for the original cast not being in the movie I think it's a good thing. If they're not going to have a major role in the movie than why would they want to be in it? Just so people can look and say "wow they look older". I think the classy thing for them to do is not be in it.

exactly!!! and how many people remember that the tv show was actually based off a movie?