The Dukes go global

RogerDuke

Business Week magazine recently did a story titled "The South is Spreading" on page 88 of their 4/25-5/1 issue.

Apparently American southern culture is the latest global craze. Music, fashion, entertainment and food from dixie are speading like wildfire around the globe. For example, the Bellamy Brothers were recently "treated like Elvis" in places like Sri Lanka and South Africa.

They gave a few reasons for the phenomenon but the one I liked most is the fact that the world has gotten crazy and folks around the world are looking for a simpler, relaxing and fun way of living. Apparently they've discovered it in Dixie and all I can say is...maybe there's hope for this old world yet.

I wonder if this means that the Dukes of Hazzard are about to see a global surge. We've certainly been lucky enough to have fans from around the world here on the HazzardNet. Maybe we'll be seeing a lot more of them if lots of new fans discover our favorite old show. (although DOH still feels new to me)

Hey, here's an idea, Warner Brothers could do a Dukes cartoon where they ride the General Lee around the globe promoting a Dixie lifestyle. Woops, never mind. It's already been done.