CARDS for Paul Baxley

I have some news from Tom Sarmento. He has had many people asking him how they can show the Baxley family their expressions of sorrow over the loss of stunt coordinator Paul Baxley. The Baxley family will be having a memorial service later this month for Paul. Tom will be attending. He said that he wants to help the "Dukes" fans so this is what he has come up with.

Tom thinks it best if people who want to do something send cards. That way each person can write whatever they personally want to say on the card. Then mail the card to him at his home address. He will personally hand deliver all the cards he receives by the end of next week (Saturday, March 19) to Paul's son, Craig Baxley, at that service. For those of you who have to mail International and can't get the card to Tom by that date, he will continue to collect for a while and then mail the rest to Craig at a later date.

Tom also has some pictures of Paul from the first couple of DukesFests which Paul attended. Tom is going to have those made into 8X10 prints and give them to Craig along with all of the cards he receives. He wants to do this for the fans since they are wanting to help the Baxley family.

The address to send your card to is:

Tom Sarmento

8719 Milton Morris Drive

Charlotte, NC 28227

Please fill free to give this address to anyone wanting to send a card.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Phyllis

• 2 weeks later...

Tom Sarmento called me this morning to give me the information about the ceremony to be held honoring Paul Baxley who passed earlier this month. Here is the info.

The ceremony will be held on Saturday, April 16 at noon at the following location

Braemar Country Club

4001 Reseda Blvd.

Reseda, CA 91335

Tom said that the best route is to fly into the Burbank Airport as it is a straight drive from there.

The Baxley family has said that the ceremony is open to anyone who wants to attend.

PLEASE remember that Tom Sarmento has volunteered to collect and hand deliver all sympathy cards which he receives for the Baxley family by April 13. He will hand deliver those to Paul's son, Craig, at the ceremony. He has been collecting these cards since Paul's passing and I am very disappointed to say that so far he has only received 6 or 7 cards. I find this very sad that we all as Dukes fans haven't pulled together and sent cards to let the Baxley family know that we are sorry for their loss. PLEASE stop at a store today and buy a card, sign it and mail it to Tom. We don't want him telling Craig that he has cards from all the Dukes fans and then handing him 6 or 7 cards. That would be embarrassing. Please send those cards to

Tom Sarmento

8719 Milton Morris Drive

Charlotte, NC 28227

Thanks,

Phyllis