question about stickers

i have been wanting to paint my bike like the general for a loonng time now. when i was little my old bike was painted like it but we didn't spend a lot of time on it, we just used blue letter stickers for the "General Lee" and put white paint pen around it cause we knew i would outgrow it someday. but now, i want to do my bike like it again. it has been just plain orange for a few years now and my dad finally found a buisness that makes smaller decal stickers. and he was wondering if there are any kind of copyright laws for the "General Lee" and "01". i don't think there are with all the general lee's out there, but he told me to find out just in case so we aren't doing something illegal.lol so if anyone knows, i would be greatfull=]] thanks

01,General Lee,and the flag cannot be copyrighted by themselves. 01 is just a number and General Lee is just a name of a famous General. All of them combined on a 69 Dodge Charger is when the trademark comes into play a combination of all the elements. Even then it is your car and you can do with it pretty much as you please.There are guys with replica General Lees actually charging money to do like birthday parties,graduation,weddings and WB is turning a blind eye to all of that as long as they are not claiming their particular car as a true TV or Movie survivor they can get away with that even though it is technically violating the trademark. WB could care less unless you are blatantly making tons of cash.A guy I know has spoken to a WB lawyer and he said make what money you want with a replica to a point as long as nobody gets hurt or killed by doing something stupid like stunts.Then WB would step in just to cover their arse from being sued.

ok thanks-=]]] thats what i thought but my dad was paranoid. haha i've always wondered what the WB thought of all these guys who r making money off their generals and stuff. sometimes they go a little overboard but like u said, nobody is getting hurt and as long as it stays that way, i don't think the WB will ever do anything about it. they don't want to get sued i imagine.lol

hopefully someday i will have a car to paint like the general, but right now i have a 97 chevy cavalier and i don't think that would look very good painted bright orange. it is orange, but it's more of a burnt orange. lol

• 1 year later...

Strange what WB will sue over. I used to do work for a guy in London who built TV sets. His company logo was based on his intials - NB - and although it was noticably different, WB sent him a letter asking (maybe asking is the wrong word here) him to change it because they said it was too close to theirs.