Opinions about the movie

travelerF150

I've gotta say that after reading the article about the new movie on MTV's website and seeing the pics from the set, I'm pretty excited about it. I'm glad that they're not trying to make a carbon copy of the T.V. show but they're still trying to capture the spirt of it. I agree with Knoxville when he said that John and Tom would always be the real Bo and Luke. I would've liked to see some pics of Boss and Uncle Jesse but I guess they're keeping them under wraps. The new roscoe does look different and they said he's not gonna have his trademark laugh, which is alright cause nobody can really do it well except Mr. Best (Although Bo Jackson does a pretty good imitation....I'm serious!). But for the rest of what I read I'm glad they're taking a little, I mean little, more serious tone with the movie. No matter what the movie will never be as good as the show but a frest take on the plot I think will be fun to see and will do the best to expose a whole new generation to the show. Who know's... maybe it will lead to a new series on the WB? I know that would be a better idea than some of the series' they have running on there now. Anyone agree?

Who knows what will happen if the movie does well. CMT is going to start showing the Dukes again in January. That will definately build some momentum for the upcoming movie. After reading some of the articles , the movie seems to be a little more serious, which I had hoped for in a lot of earlier threads. I just don't think another TV series will come anything close to the original. If the movie does well, I just hope a sequel will be as good, at least if the whole cast does it.

Darrell