HazzardNet Hollar - Spam Fighters

A lot of folks help keep an eye on this place, and sometimes we're not recognizing them like we should. Tonight I'm givin' a big ol' HazzardNet Hollar to Val Strate, for reporting a spammer in our Forums.

Val, thank ya for finding the problem and going the extra step of notifying us about it. Sal-ute ! :whitewine: It's good citizens like you who help keep HazzardNet safe and enjoyable for all.

I would also like to add to that the following fine citizens of Hazzard. I'm sure I'll probably forget some of the names of folks who've helped by reporting spammers, but y'all know who you are and I'd like to extend a hearty thank you for helping us keep this place as spam free as possible.

DaisyMaeDuke

BoJamesDuke

The_Dukes_Generl_Lee01

JESSI DUKE

General Grant

and I think RogerDuke reported one too.

Thanks, y'all!

i1976 is right. Thanks i1976! This person is spamming and in a harmful way. I've found at least 8 bad posts to this individual. I'm sure you guys can handle it.

As far as the Kudos, hey they belong just as much to you guys who run the place and keep it clean and fair for all of us who enjoy Hnet. Thanks for all your hard work Brian, MM and MaryAnne. Part of keeping this joint a great place to be is keeping the sense of community here and you all do a great job at that.

But thanks for the cookie ;)!

Thank You, Meadowmufn! I was wonderin' if that really was a spammer that I reported! I don't understand how people can be so (looking for a word that isn't too rude, so I'll settle on this: ) ignorant. :) Why can't they just leave this site alone? I mean, do they think that it is fun to come in and try to "Vandalize" something that another person has worked so hard to maintain the integrity of. Really, it is the same as vandalizing. Maybe them spammers will see this thread and do this: :escape:

I doubt it, though!! :)

Anyways, thank you to all the moderators for all of the hard work you put in to maintain the integrity of this site.

General Grant

Just a quick update, we had some very malicious spammers attack the site this morning and posted very inappropriate stuff. I think we got all of it. Please let us know if you find any more. For the time being, I have restricted new registrations to the site until I can upgrade the software with the latest security patches.

Please let me know if you have any problems with the site. You shouldn't, as the new restrictions should only affect recently registered members, but ya never know.

Oh, and for those that don't know, you can report a bad post by clicking on the red triangle icon on the upper right side of the post. That will email us with all the info we need to take care of it.

Thanks all!