Sweating For The County

Do You think James and Emy are going to get away?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do You think James and Emy are going to get away?

• No
    • Yes

"Something about insulting Jeb on how he was insinuating something. I don't really know but I got between them, stupid I know, and kinda defended the sergeant and Bo took off angry." Lizzy says.

Cue anyone.

Julie says "He'll get over at least you didn't arrive with him Lizzy that's worst you know he's upset about Jeb right now."

Cue LizzyJackson-Davenport

Julie says "He'll get over at least you didn't arrive with him Lizzy that's worst you know he's upset about Jeb right now."

"I hope it is only Jeb that he's upset about." Lizzy says.

Out front...

"Excuse me gentlemen could you tell me where I could find Elizabeth Davenport?" A man in Army greens asked.

"Depends on who's asking." Cooter says defensively.

"Sorry my name is Derek Walters, I'm a Captain in the U.S. Army I'd like to speak with her about her ASVAB score." The man says.

"Cooter Davenport. She's on the phone right now but when she finishes she can speak. I'm her father by the way." Cooter answers.

"What's your interest in Lizzy? There was an army sergeant down here not even twenty minutes ago but he didn't seem interested in talking to her." Enos says.

"Deputy Strate is it?" Walters asks. Enos nods. "Sergeant Szenger is a little angry at getting sent to a redneck town to do the grunt work. I've come to make sure he didn't screw things up with Lizzy or try to go after the other one Julie Duke I believe. Our main objective is to get Lizzy to join the Army. I don't know if you knew but when they took the ASVAB they were asked which branch they wanted to join if they scored high enough. Julie's was clearly marked 'Marines' and Lizzy put either Army or Air Force. We just want to make sure with Lizzy's 95 raw score that she gets what she wants. She has a brilliant mind and coming from a mechanic background like my own I was surprised to see that she answered the most difficult automotive question correctly." Walters says.

"What was the question?" Cooter asks.

"What is the difference between a monkey wrench and a pipe wrench?" Walters answers.

"Oh that's easy all though they look similar the monkey wrench, or adjustable spanner in the UK, was originally used for nuts and the pipe wrench is used for pipes. The pipe wrench is more curved and the monkey wrench is flat. See." Cooter answers pulling out a monkey wrench and a pipe wrench.

"That is really close to what Lizzy wrote. She even drew a picture. You must have taught her." Walters says.

"Everything I know which is about 3/4 of what she knows." Cooter says.

Cue anyone.

"I hope it is only Jeb that he's upset about." Lizzy says.

Out front...

"Excuse me gentlemen could you tell me where I could find Elizabeth Davenport?" A man in Army greens asked.

"Depends on who's asking." Cooter says defensively.

"Sorry my name is Derek Walters, I'm a Captain in the U.S. Army I'd like to speak with her about her ASVAB score." The man says.

"Cooter Davenport. She's on the phone right now but when she finishes she can speak. I'm her father by the way." Cooter answers.

"What's your interest in Lizzy? There was an army sergeant down here not even twenty minutes ago but he didn't seem interested in talking to her." Enos says.

"Deputy Strate is it?" Walters asks. Enos nods. "Sergeant Szenger is a little angry at getting sent to a redneck town to do the grunt work. I've come to make sure he didn't screw things up with Lizzy or try to go after the other one Julie Duke I believe. Our main objective is to get Lizzy to join the Army. I don't know if you knew but when they took the ASVAB they were asked which branch they wanted to join if they scored high enough. Julie's was clearly marked 'Marines' and Lizzy put either Army or Air Force. We just want to make sure with Lizzy's 95 raw score that she gets what she wants. She has a brilliant mind and coming from a mechanic background like my own I was surprised to see that she answered the most difficult automotive question correctly." Walters says.

"What was the question?" Cooter asks.

"What is the difference between a monkey wrench and a pipe wrench?" Walters answers.

"Oh that's easy all though they look similar the monkey wrench, or adjustable spanner in the UK, was originally used for nuts and the pipe wrench is used for pipes. The pipe wrench is more curved and the monkey wrench is flat. See." Cooter answers pulling out a monkey wrench and a pipe wrench.

"That is really close to what Lizzy wrote. She even drew a picture. You must have taught her." Walters says.

"Everything I know which is about 3/4 of what she knows." Cooter says.

Cue anyone.

Enos says "Oh he's seems a little too intersected in weather or not Julie was single right now and it seemed a little unprofessional if you ask me Captain Walters. And he was little friendly with Lizzy as well is that normal."

Meanwhile on the phone Julie says "Lizzy, I know what I want to do right now I want to go the United States Merchant Marine Academy in New York. I'm smart why not I always was a bit of shiner when it came to the spotlight always trying to get one up on somebody. Well I might be able outdrive my brother or cousin but I think being a Officer in the Marines that might be just the ticket have you really thought about Westpoint Lizzy, please think about this before you turn it down you'll get more money and power as well just consider okay."

Edited by Julieduke

Enos says "Oh he's seems a little too intersected in weather or not Julie was single right now and it seemed a little unprofessional if you ask me Captain Walters. And he was little friendly with Lizzy as well is that normal."

Meanwhile on the phone Julie says "Lizzy, I know what I want to do right now I want to go the United States Merchant Marine Academy in New York. I'm smart why not I always was a bit of shiner when it came to the spotlight always trying to get one up on somebody. Well I might be able outdrive my brother or cousin but I think being a Officer in the Marines that might be just the ticket have you really thought about Westpoint Lizzy, please think about this before you turn it down you'll get more money and power as well just consider okay."

"It's not that I couldn't use the cash you know I could it's just that as an Officer you rarely get your hands dirty. Shouldn't I be doing a job that I love and helping defend my country at the same time?" Lizzy asks.

Outside...

"A flirt we know. He's always been like that. As long as it doesn't get too out of hand we're content with letting him do what he wants as long as he does bring in new recruits. For this particular case his commander sent him ahead without waiting for word from us. When we saw who we'd be dealing with we knew it would be a difficult one to do and knew that no recruiter could possibly handle her. I've put in about eight years recruiting and about 10 percent of those people have been ones who have served time or would serve time if they hadn't joined. Of that 10 percent 35 percent would have gone to jail if they hadn't "Volunteered" their services." Walters says.

"You mean like hackers." Cooter says.

"Yes like them. With Lizzy's whiskey running background there are two avenues she can take. One being the mechanic job Szenger offered her. The other being the one we want her take as a Special Forces agent."

"Special Forces? What exactly is that?" Cooter asks.

"Like infiltration. Things that have to be delicately handled. We know that Lizzy will most likely be aiming for the mechanic job especially if we can guarantee that she'll end up stationed somewhere near here and Atlanta. We can put in for that, have her at Fort McPherson or at Fort Gilliam doesn't mean that she'll get it but it's highly possible."

"You do realize Lizzy's on probation right?" Enos asks.

"We realize that but we also realize that her high raw score is something we need to take into consideration. If she decides to join, either Special Forces or as a mechanic then we can lower her probation sentence from the 15 more years she'll receive to 5 years." Walters says.

Cue anyone.

"It's not that I couldn't use the cash you know I could it's just that as an Officer you rarely get your hands dirty. Shouldn't I be doing a job that I love and helping defend my country at the same time?" Lizzy asks.

Outside...

"A flirt we know. He's always been like that. As long as it doesn't get too out of hand we're content with letting him do what he wants as long as he does bring in new recruits. For this particular case his commander sent him ahead without waiting for word from us. When we saw who we'd be dealing with we knew it would be a difficult one to do and knew that no recruiter could possibly handle her. I've put in about eight years recruiting and about 10 percent of those people have been ones who have served time or would serve time if they hadn't joined. Of that 10 percent 35 percent would have gone to jail if they hadn't "Volunteered" their services." Walters says.

"You mean like hackers." Cooter says.

"Yes like them. With Lizzy's whiskey running background there are two avenues she can take. One being the mechanic job Szenger offered her. The other being the one we want her take as a Special Forces agent."

"Special Forces? What exactly is that?" Cooter asks.

"Like infiltration. Things that have to be delicately handled. We know that Lizzy will most likely be aiming for the mechanic job especially if we can guarantee that she'll end up stationed somewhere near here and Atlanta. We can put in for that, have her at Fort McPherson or at Fort Gilliam doesn't mean that she'll get it but it's highly possible."

"You do realize Lizzy's on probation right?" Enos asks.

"We realize that but we also realize that her high raw score is something we need to take into consideration. If she decides to join, either Special Forces or as a mechanic then we can lower her probation sentence from the 15 more years she'll receive to 5 years." Walters says.

Cue anyone.

Meanwhile on the phone, Julie says "Lizzy, listen I like the option myself but one question thow what do you want to do you did check Army and Air Force I see you myself."

Meanwhile on the phone, Julie says "Lizzy, listen I like the option myself but one question thow what do you want to do you did check Army and Air Force I see you myself."

Sargeant Szenger walks in the Boars Nest seeing the locals and seen the pretty waitress and he sits down and says "Hey cutie, what about a beer for an Army guy it's hard work that I do now defending our county from everything."

Sargeant Szenger walks in the Boars Nest seeing the locals and seen the pretty waitress and he sits down and says "Hey cutie, what about a beer for an Army guy it's hard work that I do now defending our county from everything."

Daisy smiles and sets the beer down in front of him. "And by the way Sugar, recruiting doesn't seem very hard to me. And don't even start it if you ain't the recruiter that talked to Lizzy this morning then I'm blonde." Daisy says before walking away.

Back at the shop Lizzy looks nervously around the shop and then says "Julie I'm gonna have to let you go my dad needs something I'll talk to you later alright?" Lizzy says.

Cue anyone.

Daisy smiles and sets the beer down in front of him. "And by the way Sugar, recruiting doesn't seem very hard to me. And don't even start it if you ain't the recruiter that talked to Lizzy this morning then I'm blonde." Daisy says before walking away.

Back at the shop Lizzy looks nervously around the shop and then says "Julie I'm gonna have to let you go my dad needs something I'll talk to you later alright?" Lizzy says.

Cue anyone.

Julie sees her Uncle Jesse walk and says "Uncle Jesse, I've decided something and that is that I want the United States Merchant Marines Academy for my future."

Julie sees her Uncle Jesse walk and says "Uncle Jesse, I've decided something and that is that I want the United States Merchant Marines Academy for my future."

Lizzy hangs up and walks back into the main part of the garage and looks at Cooter. "Something up?" Lizzy asks.

"You've got a visitor and I want you to take what he says seriously." Cooter says. "Captain Walters this is my pride and joy, my daughter Lizzy Davenport."

Cue anyone.

Lizzy hangs up and walks back into the main part of the garage and looks at Cooter. "Something up?" Lizzy asks.

"You've got a visitor and I want you to take what he says seriously." Cooter says. "Captain Walters this is my pride and joy, my daughter Lizzy Davenport."

Cue anyone.

Enos just watches knowing he has big news for Lizzy, and he knows she might leave as well he doesn't see where she needs to go away he miss her and Julie is she goes as well those girls are like sisters to him.

Enos just watches knowing he has big news for Lizzy, and he knows she might leave as well he doesn't see where she needs to go away he miss her and Julie is she goes as well those girls are like sisters to him.

"Ms. Davenport..." Walters starts.

"It's Lizzy sir." Lizzy answers.

"Lizzy then. I'm sorry about the sergeant you saw out here before he was a bit of an over dramatic flirt." Walters says.

"You want something then?" Lizzy asks.

"Yeah, why don't we go somewhere where we can talk?" Lizzy nods to the cafe across the street.

Cue anyone.

"Ms. Davenport..." Walters starts.

"It's Lizzy sir." Lizzy answers.

"Lizzy then. I'm sorry about the sergeant you saw out here before he was a bit of an over dramatic flirt." Walters says.

"You want something then?" Lizzy asks.

"Yeah, why don't we go somewhere where we can talk?" Lizzy nods to the cafe across the street.

Cue anyone.

Meanwhile back at the Duke Farm, Julie says "Uncle Jesse you haven't said nothing about my decision but you know it's just something I want to do and I know with Jeb missing and Bo going to Texas soon well it's just something for me. And why waster all my talent anyways it's just that well I really want this right now. But I just can't wait for Jeb to come home or when Bo gets back, and beside you once told me how your sister was in the Marines as well."

Edited by Julieduke

Meanwhile back at the Duke Farm, Julie says "Uncle Jesse you haven't said nothing about my decision but you know it's just something I want to do and I know with Jeb missing and Bo going to Texas soon well it's just something for me. And why waster all my talent anyways it's just that well I really want this right now. But I just can't wait for Jeb to come home or when Bo gets back, and beside you once told me how your sister was in the Marines as well."

Julie had seen her Uncle walk back out and she picked her copy of "Gone With The Wind" and she couldn't help but she knew what she wanted to do with her life right now, she was waiting till she was feeling better right now. She didn't want to talk to Sargeant Szenger and tell him her big decision as well, Julie had hoped he wasn't too disappointmented tommorrow.

Back At the Boars Nest

Sargeant Szenger says "Excuse me, Daisy can you tell me if you know a Julie Duke I supposed to meet with her tomorrow I got a really decent offer for her as well."

Julie had seen her Uncle walk back out and she picked her copy of "Gone With The Wind" and she couldn't help but she knew what she wanted to do with her life right now, she was waiting till she was feeling better right now. She didn't want to talk to Sargeant Szenger and tell him her big decision as well, Julie had hoped he wasn't too disappointmented tommorrow.

Back At the Boars Nest

Sargeant Szenger says "Excuse me, Daisy can you tell me if you know a Julie Duke I supposed to meet with her tomorrow I got a really decent offer for her as well."

"Yeah that's my cousin. She's still got Mono though. I doubt you'll get her to join especially if you make her the same offer you made to my other cousin's girlfriend Lizzy. I'm glad they're both smart enough to ignore you." Daisy says.

Cue anyone.

Both Lizzy and the Captain agreed to have lunch across the street as they talked. When they walked in Lizzy was surprised to see Becky back behind the counter. “Afternoon Lizzy.†Becky says.

“Afternoon Becky, didn’t you just have a kid?â€

“Yup three months ago. Bret is taking care of Maddie while I’m back to work. What can I get for you today?†Becky asks.

“Ham club no bacon.†Lizzy starts.

“Or lettuce hasn’t changed.â€

“Thanks, for you Captain?â€

“I’ll have a ham and swiss on wheat with a small coffee.â€

“Alright. $10.27 is your total today.â€

Lizzy reached for her back pocket and the cash she kept there but Walters stopped her. “I’ve got it.â€

“You sure? You don’t have to.â€

“I want to whether or not you accept my offer.â€

“Thank you.â€

“My pleasure.†They got they’re food and chose a table by the window. “Ms. Davenport this offer is the one Sergeant Szenger should have offered you. I can understand if you don’t want to take it but it’s something you should think about. Take everything into consideration before you give me an answer.â€

“Of course sir.â€

“You like working as a mechanic?â€

“Yes sir.†Lizzy answers.

“But you don’t take orders well?†Captain Walters asks.

“True, I don’t like being told what to do. Tell me what to do once and don’t bug me again or tell me how to do my job.â€

“Sergeant Szenger was right when he said you’d make a good officer. But you’re better at working with your hands.â€

“Yes sir.â€

“Have you ever tried to infiltrate some place?â€

“No but I’m good at making people believe just about anything I want them to.â€

“Alright then make me believe something that isn’t true.†The Captain prods.

“Ok then.†Lizzy says thinking.

Cue anyone.

"Would you believe me if I told you I have never once had a speeding ticket?" Lizzy asks.

“No I don’t think I would.†Captain answers.

“Let’s say that you don’t know my background. I’m a pretty law abiding person. I always stop at red lights, walk little old ladies across the street, help when I’m asked, and I never do over the speed limit. My dad in fact has this theory the worse you are in this life the longer you have to pay for it when you die. I lost my grandma about a year ago and I sorely miser her. I don’t want to spend forever making up my misdoings when I can behave and see her sooner.â€

“Wow that’s sweet. You must behave all the time.â€

“For the most part.â€

“But what’s that got to do with a speeding ticket?â€

“That’s one of the things it takes a while to work off. I’d ruin my chances at a quick reunion.â€

“I bet you’ve never been in trouble in your life.â€

“Not one single bit.†Lizzy says softly smiling.

“Wow.â€

“Yes sir, so what about you? Have you ever been in trouble?â€

“More so than most. I was a teenage boy with too much anger at the world. Took it out mainly on windows and cars until a friend recommended the JROTC program at my high school. Mom demanded and I couldn’t say no.â€

“You? You’re too sweet looking to have caused any trouble.â€

“Nope, I was a true rebel.â€

“Wow that must have been some program.â€

“Yes ma’am it sure was. He didn’t take any crap.â€

“Aww, now you’re an amazing man your wife must be proud.†Lizzy says spotting his wedding ring.

“She is along with my three kids. Now really you’ve never had a ticket?†The captain answers.

“Nope never.â€

“You know lying can get you kicked out right?â€

“Of course sir that’s why I never lie.â€

“If I hadn’t looked up you records or talked to your dad I would have believed everything you told me and that you’re really a sweet and innocent girl.â€

“But I am sweet and innocent. Records and people can lie, especially here in Hazzard.†The captain pulled out a newspaper and gave Lizzy a look. She read the front headline and swallowed. ‘Whiskey dealer finally caught 15 year old now on probation.’ “It can be fabricated.

“True, you are really good, and you have an excuse for everything. You’d do well in Special Operations and Special Forces.â€

“Glad you think so, without that paper I would have played sweet and innocent all day.â€

“Think about the offer. Full time mechanic with special ops training you’ll start as an E-3. Basic Training at Fort Jackson then AIT and I’ll see what I can do about Fort McPherson or Fort Gilliam.â€

“Spec Ops won’t allow me to have a family.â€

“They suggest strongly against it but they do allow it if you marry a guy who can take care of your children and pets while you’re away. Besides it’s just certain things they’ll need you for. Just think about it. Here’s my card.â€

“Signing bonus?â€

“I can get you 2,000.â€

“Ok,†Lizzy says.

“And 600 a month with everything else taken care of.†Walters says.

“I want the offer on paper before I say yes.†Lizzy replies.

Cue anyone.

"Yeah that's my cousin. She's still got Mono though. I doubt you'll get her to join especially if you make her the same offer you made to my other cousin's girlfriend Lizzy. I'm glad they're both smart enough to ignore you." Daisy says.

Cue anyone.

Sargeant Szenger says "So what she has Mono I'm not scared and I can charm any woman trust me on this one Daisy. Something tells me your cousin has alreadry made a decision right now she seen me at Meps I was taking care of some paperwork I was behind on and I was telling her about the Army when she waiting to take her test and she kept telling how the only branch she go into was the Marines. But I know your going to tell me that I'm wasting my breath right now but please let me go and talk to her as well and one question here and you single now?"

Sargeant Szenger says "So what she has Mono I'm not scared and I can charm any woman trust me on this one Daisy. Something tells me your cousin has alreadry made a decision right now she seen me at Meps I was taking care of some paperwork I was behind on and I was telling her about the Army when she waiting to take her test and she kept telling how the only branch she go into was the Marines. But I know your going to tell me that I'm wasting my breath right now but please let me go and talk to her as well and one question here and you single now?"

"If I was it's none of your business. Besides you weren't able to charm Lizzy. If you were I'm sure she would have joined instead of turning you off." Daisy says.

Cue anyone.

"If I was it's none of your business. Besides you weren't able to charm Lizzy. If you were I'm sure she would have joined instead of turning you off." Daisy says.

Cue anyone.

Sargeant Szenger says "Daisy One question, who drives that tacky orange car in the parking lot now?"

Sargeant Szenger says "Daisy One question, who drives that tacky orange car in the parking lot now?"

"That would be my cousins and honey if I were you I wouldn't insult it." Daisy says.

In town...

"Thank you for lunch Captain and I will consider your offer." Lizzy says.

"Alright. Enjoy yourself." Captain Walters says.

Cue anyone.

"That would be my cousins and honey if I were you I wouldn't insult it." Daisy says.

In town...

"Thank you for lunch Captain and I will consider your offer." Lizzy says.

"Alright. Enjoy yourself." Captain Walters says.

Cue anyone.

Sargeant Szenger says "Why, does it bother you it's not your car now Daisy?"

"No but if you insult it, your insulting my cousins and they don't take to kindly to it." Daisy says.

Cue anyone.

Sargeant Szenger says "Oh come on Daisy, it's just a car now just sheet metal and engine that's all. And a gas hog to mention as well, I wander how many miles per gallon there car gets now."

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.