Sweating For The County

Do You think James and Emy are going to get away?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do You think James and Emy are going to get away?

• No
    • Yes

Julie looks at Luke and says "I was wandering have you ever consider doing what Sargent Smith does for the Marines you could stay stateside and nothing would happen as well."

Cue LizzyJackson-Davenport

"I did for a while before I went overseas. That's how I know so much. I really hope Bo found her and they worked things out." Luke says.

Cue anyone.

Julie says "Hey Bo, hey Lizzy remember that Marine Sargent Secret and he was trying not to laugh about his name."

Bo looks around and doesn't see Lizzy anywhere. "I think she may be a bit delusional. I did get to talk to Lizzy but she said she had a few more stops to make." Bo says.

"She alright?" Cooter asks.

"She was at her granddad's I don't think I will ever look at a hound dog the same." Bo says.

Cue anyone.

Bo looks around and doesn't see Lizzy anywhere. "I think she may be a bit delusional. I did get to talk to Lizzy but she said she had a few more stops to make." Bo says.

"She alright?" Cooter asks.

"She was at her granddad's I don't think I will ever look at a hound dog the same." Bo says.

Cue anyone.

Julie says "I'm sorry I thought she came back with you Bo so it's quite a blow about Jeb, you know I still got the last letter he wrote as well. You can have if you want you and James was close to him Bo."

"I think we all were. Are you ok Julie?" Bo says.

Cue anyone.

Julie says "Yeah, but I'm going to miss you Bo you've always been there for me no matter what. But I'm thinking about talking to Sargent Smith and taking the AFQT anyways and you know even what happened to Jeb I'm not letting it change my mind right now."

Julie says "Yeah, but I'm going to miss you Bo you've always been there for me no matter what. But I'm thinking about talking to Sargent Smith and taking the AFQT anyways and you know even what happened to Jeb I'm not letting it change my mind right now."

"The AFQT test is your ASVAB score weighted. There are other things you have to do to get in but the ASVAB I believe is the only test." Bo says.

Cue anyone.

"The AFQT test is your ASVAB score weighted. There are other things you have to do to get in but the ASVAB I believe is the only test." Bo says.

Cue anyone.

Julie says "Really, so I was just wandering it's very fascinating ever since I heard about you and Luke joining well I wanted to do that someday and did you know that Luke was a recruiter before he went overseas Bo."

Julie says "Really, so I was just wandering it's very fascinating ever since I heard about you and Luke joining well I wanted to do that someday and did you know that Luke was a recruiter before he went overseas Bo."

"I did not know that. Julie I just don't want you to get hurt. Don't do this because you think it's a family tradition that you have uphold. If you're serious about this then you should do it because you want to not because of something we did." Bo says.

Cue anyone.

"I did not know that. Julie I just don't want you to get hurt. Don't do this because you think it's a family tradition that you have uphold. If you're serious about this then you should do it because you want to not because of something we did." Bo says.

Cue anyone.

Julie says "But it's not because of family tradition it's because I want to Bo with all my heart and you know it's just something the way the two of you are so proud of your uniform and what it stands to be a Marine."

"As long as you're doing it for the right reasons." Bo says.

Cue anyone.

Julie says "I am, it's not just a passing fancy right now look at how I passed the Post Office test and got a real good score on that. Remember, when I wanted to give up and you encouraged me to go for it as well and I'm glad I did as well."

Lizzy stuck around her grandparents' house for a bit longer before dropping a few goodbyes and heading to her father's. The only thing he would tell her on the Army matter was that he hoped she'd make the decision on her heart and gut feeling and not on what she felt obligated to do. Lizzy agreed and went to Tom's. What he had to say was rather interesting.

"Lizzy look. You're 20 years old. True I've always been a sorta influence on your life, so no matter what I'm gonna say it's gonna have an effect on you and you'll do something. Unfortunately this is something that I don't want to influence you one way or another on. I'll give you some things to think about though. Almost six years ago I found you in the woods after a fight between Mary and David. You were sitting at a whiskey still and wondering what it did. Four yeas ago a revenuer found out about us and did his best to catch us in the act and he managed it. A year ago you found out you were completely smitten with Bo Duke. Two weeks ago you admitted it to him and he asked you out. Four hours ago he angered you and you found out he was a Marine Reservist. Yet 10 minutes ago you reminded me of that 14 year old girl I found in the woods." Tom says.

"So what?" Lizzy asks.

"Here's the so what. None of those decisions I made for you but every single one I have had your back. I will always have your back whether you continue to work for your dad, quit working and marry Bo, or you join the U.S. Army. You will always be like my little sister but it's starting to show that you will make this decision like you've made all the rest on your gut." Tom says.

"Right now my gut is telling me to go ride and forget all my problems." Lizzy says.

"Then that's what we'll do." Tom says. They went and rode for a few hours and when they made it back to the farm Lizzy shirt was completely drenched in the rain that had begun to fall and the sweat she had worked up.

"I knew it was a bad day to wear white." Lizzy mutters. She cringes as she walks out of the barn and slides face first across a mud puddle. "Crap. Tom can I use your shower?"

"Yeah." Lizzy walks to her car and pulls out a green t-shirt and then walks into the house to shower.

Cue anyone.

"Uh...no I don't think now is the time for that." Bo says.

Cue anyone.

Julie says "You know Bo, I he sorta found out who I was you know that book your supposed to read and put back well I picked up mine and set it down on the seat next to me and I pulled my latest novel I was reading at the time and Lizzy was reading her as well. You see Sargent Secret was walking by and asks me my name and I said who I was and he looks at what I was reading and he told that don't look like the samething your friend is reading now. Well I looked at him, and told Sargent Secret I had time well I had set down my book, and my picks it up and told me read that first and then my book and set it back up there. Oh that last page is a very stern warning I can't believe the strictness on cheating, I've never cheated on a test in life. Besides the only thing, they ever did in school was sent you to the office or you had to talk to the teacher or something like that. And Lizzy, looks over at me with a told I you so grin afterwards and then he realized who's sister I was as well."

Julie says "You know Bo, I he sorta found out who I was you know that book your supposed to read and put back well I picked up mine and set it down on the seat next to me and I pulled my latest novel I was reading at the time and Lizzy was reading her as well. You see Sargent Secret was walking by and asks me my name and I said who I was and he looks at what I was reading and he told that don't look like the samething your friend is reading now. Well I looked at him, and told Sargent Secret I had time well I had set down my book, and my picks it up and told me read that first and then my book and set it back up there. Oh that last page is a very stern warning I can't believe the strictness on cheating, I've never cheated on a test in life. Besides the only thing, they ever did in school was sent you to the office or you had to talk to the teacher or something like that. And Lizzy, looks over at me with a told I you so grin afterwards and then he realized who's sister I was as well."

"That sounds like something Lizzy would do." Bo says.

Cue anyone.

"That sounds like something Lizzy would do." Bo says.

Cue anyone.

Julie says "Well, I felt like the English teacher caught me reading a Magazine instead of the book I supposed to reading at the time. Sargent Secret she sure is down to business he did give me back my book before I left, I think he was reading when I was taking it myself. It James A. Michener's "Cenntenniel" that took the longest time to finish now but it was good."

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.