Sweating For The County

Do You think James and Emy are going to get away?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do You think James and Emy are going to get away?

• No
    • Yes

"Do you want me to get rid of him or do you want to talk to him?" Rich asks.

"I don't want either. I told you I'm confused." Lizzy says.

"Maybe it'd be best you heard what he has to say." Sue says.

"Grandpa Squirt's gonna hurt him." Lizzy says looking out the window to see the Great Dane heading for Bo.

"Easy bud...I don't want to hurt you...I just want to see Lizzy." Bo says making slow movements away from the Great Dane.

Cue anyone.

Balladeer: I hope Lizzy reception is warmer than all the dogs right now they really don't like right now."

Cue LizzyJackson-Davenport

Balladeer: I hope Lizzy reception is warmer than all the dogs right now they really don't like right now."

"Grandpa do something." Lizzy demands. Rich rolls his eyes but opens the door.

"FREEZE." Rich calls. All three dogs instantly freeze teeth bared but not growling. "I can only guarantee you ten seconds to get to this door."

Bo looks around then bolts to the door praying he made it in time. "Um Hi...I'm..." Bo starts.

"I know who you are and I think I know what you want. And I swear to God if you make her cry Squirt's the least of your problems." Rich said opening the door. Bo slowly steps inside and as soon as the door shuts he hears the dogs start moving again.

Cue anyone.

"Grandpa do something." Lizzy demands. Rich rolls his eyes but opens the door.

"FREEZE." Rich calls. All three dogs instantly freeze teeth bared but not growling. "I can only guarantee you ten seconds to get to this door."

Bo looks around then bolts to the door praying he made it in time. "Um Hi...I'm..." Bo starts.

"I know who you are and I think I know what you want. And I swear to God if you make her cry Squirt's the least of your problems." Rich said opening the door. Bo slowly steps inside and as soon as the door shuts he hears the dogs start moving again.

Cue anyone.

Bo says "Lizzy, I'm sorry for the way I told you, but I'm upset remember my cousin Jeb I just found out he's Missing In Action and I was always close to him. Well, I wonder how my sister is taking it as well you he taught her how to ride a Motorcycle as well."

Bo says "Lizzy, I'm sorry for the way I told you, but I'm upset remember my cousin Jeb I just found out he's Missing In Action and I was always close to him. Well, I wonder how my sister is taking it as well you he taught her how to ride a Motorcycle as well."

"That's it?" Lizzy asks. "You're upset over your cousin and that's why you dropped the bomb that not only are you a Marine Reservist, which in my opinion is the worst kind of military man there is, but also that you're leaving in less than a week for training. They've turned you into a real jarhead. You're not the boy I fell in love with and I doubt that I will ever see you as the sweet plowboy I met a few years ago." Lizzy spits.

Cue anyone.

"That's it?" Lizzy asks. "You're upset over your cousin and that's why you dropped the bomb that not only are you a Marine Reservist, which in my opinion is the worst kind of military man there is, but also that you're leaving in less than a week for training. They've turned you into a real jarhead. You're not the boy I fell in love with and I doubt that I will ever see you as the sweet plowboy I met a few years ago." Lizzy spits.

Cue anyone.

Bo says "Oh come on Lizzy, how would you react it that was one of your cousins and you found he or she was Missing In Action then? So I didn't say it right then, you know it's not easy to deal with right now as well and plus just two weeks ago James found out he has a daughter and now Julie's thinking about the exact samething as me and didn't even bother to tell me Lizzy."

Bo says "Oh come on Lizzy, how would you react it that was one of your cousins and you found he or she was Missing In Action then? So I didn't say it right then, you know it's not easy to deal with right now as well and plus just two weeks ago James found out he has a daughter and now Julie's thinking about the exact samething as me and didn't even bother to tell me Lizzy."

"What that he's not coming home?" Lizzy spits. "He's a Duke Bo and if Luke can make it home from Nam then Jeb will make it home eventually."

"Son if I were in your place I'd put your cousin out of your mind and use as much of that southern charm you've got left to calm her down. It's not the Davenports she got her temper from it's her mama and she was a firecracker. There's nothing you can do about your cousin right now but there is something you can do about your girlfriend." Rich says softly.

Cue anyone.

"What that he's not coming home?" Lizzy spits. "He's a Duke Bo and if Luke can make it home from Nam then Jeb will make it home eventually."

"Son if I were in your place I'd put your cousin out of your mind and use as much of that southern charm you've got left to calm her down. It's not the Davenports she got her temper from it's her mama and she was a firecracker. There's nothing you can do about your cousin right now but there is something you can do about your girlfriend." Rich says softly.

Cue anyone.

Bo says "But Lizzy, think about this right here what Uncle Jesse gets a letter that I'm Missing In Action. That's the one thing I've been thinking about right now and thats the reason the charm sort of left lately as well.There's something else I got to tell you as well I'm proud of your 95 percent I got the smartest girl in all of Hazzard County for my girlfriend Lizzy."

Bo says "But Lizzy, think about this right here what Uncle Jesse gets a letter that I'm Missing In Action. That's the one thing I've been thinking about right now and thats the reason the charm sort of left lately as well."

Bo looks at his feet when Lizzy doesn't answer then sighs. "Look I know you're angry, if it was me I'd be angry too but why are you so against me being a Marine? You aren't this way against Luke."

"Because I swore after my friend Katie lost her Marine boyfriend to the war I would never fall for a Marine. I'm not against Luke because I don't love him like I do you. Marines and Soldiers see the front lines of the war and it's more likely that we'll lose them. I can't lose you. I really can not lose the only man I have ever loved. Why do you have to go? Why did you have to sign up in the first place." Lizzy asks with tears in her eyes.

Cue anyone.

Bo looks at his feet when Lizzy doesn't answer then sighs. "Look I know you're angry, if it was me I'd be angry too but why are you so against me being a Marine? You aren't this way against Luke."

"Because I swore after my friend Katie lost her Marine boyfriend to the war I would never fall for a Marine. I'm not against Luke because I don't love him like I do you. Marines and Soldiers see the front lines of the war and it's more likely that we'll lose them. I can't lose you. I really can not lose the only man I have ever loved. Why do you have to go? Why did you have to sign up in the first place." Lizzy asks with tears in her eyes.

Cue anyone.

Bo says "Well my dad was Marine, and so was Luke's and Uncle Jesse you might say it's a family tradition and besides your not going to lose me Lizzy. Did I mention I have the smartest girl in Hazzard County for a girlfriend and I'm coming back to you as well."

Bo says "Well my dad was Marine, and so was Luke's and Uncle Jesse you might say it's a family tradition and besides your not going to lose me Lizzy. Did I mention I have the smartest girl in Hazzard County for a girlfriend and I'm coming back to you as well."

"You don't know that you can not promise me that if you left you'd be coming home. And I will not end up like Katie. Pregnant and left to raise a kid on my own." Lizzy answers.

Cue anyone.

"You don't know that you can not promise me that if you left you'd be coming home. And I will not end up like Katie. Pregnant and left to raise a kid on my own." Lizzy answers.

Cue anyone.

Bo says "Well, listen I'm not coming home in a body bad Lizzy and who's was Katie's boyfriend and that's pretty tough as well."

Bo says "How did he die Lizzy, did Katie ever find out you know Jeb wrote me about Billy Andrews and said it was the worst thing he had ever seen in his life."

"She wouldn't tell me just that he wasn't going to see the birth of their son." Lizzy says.

"She's just like her mama." Sue whispers to Rich.

"Just like someone else I know too. As long as he puts up a good distraction she can't stay mad." Rich answers.

"Oh don't get me wrong I'm still mad I just won't waste my energy yelling at him." Lizzy replies.

Cue anyone.

"She wouldn't tell me just that he wasn't going to see the birth of their son." Lizzy says.

"She's just like her mama." Sue whispers to Rich.

"Just like someone else I know too. As long as he puts up a good distraction she can't stay mad." Rich answers.

"Oh don't get me wrong I'm still mad I just won't waste my energy yelling at him." Lizzy replies.

Cue anyone.

Bo goes and hugs Lizzy and says "I'm coming home, and I'm proud of your score as well you know it seems that Julie is really serious as well about what she wants to do are you upset about her not coming home as well someday Lizzy."

Bo goes and hugs Lizzy and says "I'm coming home, and I'm proud of your score as well you know it seems that Julie is really serious as well about what she wants to do are you upset about her not coming home as well someday Lizzy."

Lizzy smiles through her tears and wraps her arms around Bo. "I'm glad your proud Bo, and as sexist as this comment sounds it's true. They don't put females on the front lines. I'm not worried about her. I still don't know what I'm gonna do though." Lizzy says.

Cue anyone.

Lizzy smiles through her tears and wraps her arms around Bo. "I'm glad your proud Bo, and as sexist as this comment sounds it's true. They don't put females on the front lines. I'm not worried about her. I still don't know what I'm gonna do though." Lizzy says.

Cue anyone.

Bo says "Not to worry you too much, I keep thinking about Jessica Lynch from West Virginia she wasn't on the front line Lizzy and look what happened. I hope that I never have to read a letter about my sister like that or even Uncle Jesse that would be horrible as well."

Bo says "Not to worry you too much, I keep thinking about Jessica Lynch from West Virginia she wasn't on the front line Lizzy and look what happened. I hope that I never have to read a letter about my sister like that or even Uncle Jesse that would be horrible as well."

Lizzy swallows hard at Bo's statement. "That's it stick your foot in it." Richard mutters.

"How bout you tell me why you think I should or shouldn't join the Army." Lizzy suggests.

Cue anyone.

Lizzy swallows hard at Bo's statement. "That's it stick your foot in it." Richard mutters.

"How bout you tell me why you think I should or shouldn't join the Army." Lizzy suggests.

Cue anyone.

Bo says "Well, think of this way you'll never know if you don' try Lizzy I've learned things that I would've never known about in the Marines. And well, it seems that I think if you really want to join the Army than do it for yourself not because of anything else. That's why I joined the Marines in the first place because I wanted to Lizzy."

Bo says "Well, think of this way you'll never know if you don' try Lizzy I've learned things that I would've never known about in the Marines. And well, it seems that I think if you really want to join the Army than do it for yourself not because of anything else. That's why I joined the Marines in the first place because I wanted to Lizzy."

"But you said it was a family tradition." Lizzy argues.

Cue anyone.

"But you said it was a family tradition." Lizzy argues.

Cue anyone.

Bo says "Yeah, but Uncle Jesse always told us only join the Marines if it's in your heart he didn't say we had to now Lizzy. Well being a Whisky Runner was a family tradition with my family as well now."

Bo says "Yeah, but Uncle Jesse always told us only join the Marines if it's in your heart he didn't say we had to now Lizzy. Well being a Whisky Runner was a family tradition with my family as well now."

"I know. Do you think there's any reason I shouldn't join the Army?" Lizzy asks.

Several emotions passed through Bo's eyes as well as several reasons to answer her question but he knew any of them could possibly start a fight so he stuck with safe theory. "I know you've always said you want to get away from your father because he treats you as if you're still 15 instead of 20, but boot camp isn't fun. It's a lot of hard work and pain but I know you can get through it. No matter what you ask of anyone it's your decision and as hard as it may be I will stand behind you no matter what. Just take some time to think about it and then make your decision based on what is in your heart. I...I...uh...I love you Lizzy." Bo says.

Lizzy pulls back and looks up at Bo. "I love you too." Lizzy answers. "I think I need a few more sensible opinions like that to steer me in the right direction but...do you...uh...you want spend some time together before you leave?" Lizzy asks.

Cue anyone.

"I know. Do you think there's any reason I shouldn't join the Army?" Lizzy asks.

Several emotions passed through Bo's eyes as well as several reasons to answer her question but he knew any of them could possibly start a fight so he stuck with safe theory. "I know you've always said you want to get away from your father because he treats you as if you're still 15 instead of 20, but boot camp isn't fun. It's a lot of hard work and pain but I know you can get through it. No matter what you ask of anyone it's your decision and as hard as it may be I will stand behind you no matter what. Just take some time to think about it and then make your decision based on what is in your heart. I...I...uh...I love you Lizzy." Bo says.

Lizzy pulls back and looks up at Bo. "I love you too." Lizzy answers. "I think I need a few more sensible opinions like that to steer me in the right direction but...do you...uh...you want spend some time together before you leave?" Lizzy asks.

Cue anyone.

Bo says "I thought you never ask, one question thow do I look handsome in my ACU's Lizzy? Have you shown your grandparents yet that little picture yet?"

Bo says "I thought you never ask, one question thow do I look handsome in my ACU's Lizzy? Have you shown your grandparents yet that little picture yet?"

Lizzy blushes dark red and buries her face into Bo's chest. "Let us see this picture." Sue says.

"Aren't they still called BDUs?" Rich asks. Lizzy nods and pulls the picture out of her back pocket not looking at her grandparents but handing them the picture.

"Aw...he's so cute." Sue says.

"Grams..." Lizzy mutters.

"Well for a Marine he does look...good." Rich says.

"Still looks better in his Civi's though." Sue says as an after thought. Bo blushes a bit and rubs the back of his neck with one hand.

"Thank ya ma'am." He says.

"You hang on to this picture Lizzy." Sue says turning Lizzy with a hand. Lizzy looks up at her Grams. "It's one of the only things that got me through Korea and Nam was the fact that Rich had left me with a picture. Every morning when I wake up and every night before I went to bed I'd look at his smiling face and know that he'd always be there even if it was only in my heart. Besides it's fun knowing you can show off to your friends that you have a cute Marine. And most girls can't resist a man in Uniform."

"If I ever find out you put that fact to use on any girl aside from my granddaughter and I'll make boot camp look like a cake walk." Rich warns. Bo swallows hard.

"Did I forget to mention that my granddaddy was an Army drill sergeant and he's got three angry dogs who will rip you to shreds for hurting his princess and his only granddaughter?" Lizzy asks.

"Ya could have warned me." Bo whispers.

"Er he's also a damn good shot with a shotgun and his three pistols and he knows these backwoods better than any cop or K-9 dog." Lizzy says nervously.

"Sometimes I wonder why I even started dating you." Bo mutters.

"BO DUKE you better not mean that." Lizzy states.

"Of course not...I...I love you." Bo stutters.

"Good. You better get back home. I'm sure Daisy and Julie could use your support and I'll see you later." Lizzy smiles. Bo and Lizzy walk out to the front porch and praying that her Grandparents aren't watching Bo dips his head and kisses Lizzy lightly. "You do know that they're watching out the window and all six dogs are waiting for my command."

"Even those Rottweilers?"

"Yeah Sassy, Rip, Scuttle are very protective but it's not them you have to worry about. I'd worry more about Squirt and Tyke." Lizzy says.

"Let me guess the hounds?" Bo says.

"This one is Tyke," Lizzy says pointing to one hound, "That one is Squirt."

"That's a Great Dane not a Squirt." Bo says running a hand through Lizzy's hair.

"Runt of the litter when we got him."

"What's the deal with Scuttle?"

"Sassy and Rip's youngest pup about four years ago. I had a strange fascination with the seagull from 'The little Mermaid' when he was born. Grams only let me keep one so I had to name him that. But like I said Squirt will tear you to shreds if I whimper. Don't worry it'll be ok." Lizzy says stretching up and kissing Bo hard.

"Your grandparents." Bo says.

"Pretend they're not even here. I'll be 21 in four months Bo they can't control who I date any more than my dad can." Lizzy says. Bo looks around but seeing the threatening rots decides its best to make Lizzy extremely happy. "I love you." Lizzy whispers pulling away.

"Love you too." Bo answers. Lizzy waits till Bo is in his car and pulling away before turning to glare at her grandparents.

Cue anyone.

Lizzy blushes dark red and buries her face into Bo's chest. "Let us see this picture." Sue says.

"Aren't they still called BDUs?" Rich asks. Lizzy nods and pulls the picture out of her back pocket not looking at her grandparents but handing them the picture.

"Aw...he's so cute." Sue says.

"Grams..." Lizzy mutters.

"Well for a Marine he does look...good." Rich says.

"Still looks better in his Civi's though." Sue says as an after thought. Bo blushes a bit and rubs the back of his neck with one hand.

"Thank ya ma'am." He says.

"You hang on to this picture Lizzy." Sue says turning Lizzy with a hand. Lizzy looks up at her Grams. "It's one of the only things that got me through Korea and Nam was the fact that Rich had left me with a picture. Every morning when I wake up and every night before I went to bed I'd look at his smiling face and know that he'd always be there even if it was only in my heart. Besides it's fun knowing you can show off to your friends that you have a cute Marine. And most girls can't resist a man in Uniform."

"If I ever find out you put that fact to use on any girl aside from my granddaughter and I'll make boot camp look like a cake walk." Rich warns. Bo swallows hard.

"Did I forget to mention that my granddaddy was an Army drill sergeant and he's got three angry dogs who will rip you to shreds for hurting his princess and his only granddaughter?" Lizzy asks.

"Ya could have warned me." Bo whispers.

"Er he's also a damn good shot with a shotgun and his three pistols and he knows these backwoods better than any cop or K-9 dog." Lizzy says nervously.

"Sometimes I wonder why I even started dating you." Bo mutters.

"BO DUKE you better not mean that." Lizzy states.

"Of course not...I...I love you." Bo stutters.

"Good. You better get back home. I'm sure Daisy and Julie could use your support and I'll see you later." Lizzy smiles. Bo and Lizzy walk out to the front porch and praying that her Grandparents aren't watching Bo dips his head and kisses Lizzy lightly. "You do know that they're watching out the window and all six dogs are waiting for my command."

"Even those Rottweilers?"

"Yeah Sassy, Rip, Scuttle are very protective but it's not them you have to worry about. I'd worry more about Squirt and Tyke." Lizzy says.

"Let me guess the hounds?" Bo says.

"This one is Tyke," Lizzy says pointing to one hound, "That one is Squirt."

"That's a Great Dane not a Squirt." Bo says running a hand through Lizzy's hair.

"Runt of the litter when we got him."

"What's the deal with Scuttle?"

"Sassy and Rip's youngest pup about four years ago. I had a strange fascination with the seagull from 'The little Mermaid' when he was born. Grams only let me keep one so I had to name him that. But like I said Squirt will tear you to shreds if I whimper. Don't worry it'll be ok." Lizzy says stretching up and kissing Bo hard.

"Your grandparents." Bo says.

"Pretend they're not even here. I'll be 21 in four months Bo they can't control who I date any more than my dad can." Lizzy says. Bo looks around but seeing the threatening rots decides its best to make Lizzy extremely happy. "I love you." Lizzy whispers pulling away.

"Love you too." Bo answers. Lizzy waits till Bo is in his car and pulling away before turning to glare at her grandparents.

Cue anyone.

Julie looks at Luke and says "I was wandering have you ever consider doing what Sargent Smith does for the Marines you could stay stateside and nothing would happen as well."

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.