Sweating For The County

Do You think James and Emy are going to get away?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do You think James and Emy are going to get away?

• No
    • Yes

"Uh...well..." Bo stammers.

"Come on." Luke says.

"Alright." He hands the picture to Julie and looks at his feet.

Cue anyone.

Julie says "Well, I like Bo why you so shy about this picture go ahead let everybody see this including Lizzy this will really convince she did the right thing and Luke what does your look like as well."

Cue LizzyJackson-Davenport

Julie says "Well, I like Bo why you so shy about this picture go ahead let everybody see this including Lizzy this will really convince she did the right thing and Luke what does your look like as well."

"Doesn't matter." Luke answers. Bo smirks and walks back outside to see Lizzy coming out from under the car.

"Done already?" Bo asks.

"Yup what took you so long?" Lizzy asks.

Cue anyone.

"Doesn't matter." Luke answers. Bo smirks and walks back outside to see Lizzy coming out from under the car.

"Done already?" Bo asks.

"Yup what took you so long?" Lizzy asks.

Cue anyone.

He walks over and shows the picture and just watches for the reaction and says "What did your dad say about the test you know Lizzy."

"What test are we talking about again?" Lizzy asks.

"Yeah all we were doing was fixing Julie's break line." Cooter says.

Cue anyone.

Bo says "You know the Armed Services Vocational Applitute Battery or the ASVAB you know that Sargent Smith wants to talk to you as well Lizzy you he can't open it without you being around."

Bo says "You know the Armed Services Vocational Applitute Battery or the ASVAB you know that Sargent Smith wants to talk to you as well Lizzy you he can't open it without you being around."

Back Inside, Julie says "Uncle Jesse, that was hard I didn't even think I did that good I still wish I knew how Lizzy did as well she must've aced the Auto and Shop Information section that was the hardest for me. But you know Electronics Information was really easy for me thow."

"You took the ASVAB test?" Cooter asks.

"Yes, but only because Julie was nervous about taking it. I knew it would calm her down if I took it with her so I did. Some of that stuff came out of no where but it was mainly easy. Besides Bo he's a marine. If I wanted to join the military as a mechanic I'd talk to an army recruiter. That way I know I'd be going not that far from here. It's just Fort Jackson, South Carolina. It's also about seven months for basic and AIT." Lizzy says. "You said I could keep the picture right?"

Cue anyone.

"You took the ASVAB test?" Cooter asks.

"Yes, but only because Julie was nervous about taking it. I knew it would calm her down if I took it with her so I did. Some of that stuff came out of no where but it was mainly easy. Besides Bo he's a marine. If I wanted to join the military as a mechanic I'd talk to an army recruiter. That way I know I'd be going not that far from here. It's just Fort Jackson, South Carolina. It's also about seven months for basic and AIT." Lizzy says. "You said I could keep the picture right?"

Cue anyone.

Bo says "Yeah sure, besides I didn't like the way it came out anyways. How much research did you do into this Lizzy."

Sargent Smith says "Listen, I have a letter from your Sargent as well Cpl. Duke well I know this might be kind of hard to get used right now but he told me that you actually got promoted it's in the letter. And Lizzy since your here and Mr. Davenport if you want I heard you talk about the Army nice branch of the service there all good you know. Well I can open your scores and let them know how you did as well."

Bo looks and letter and looks at Lizzy and Cooter and doesn't say much of anything.

Edited by Julieduke

Bo says "Yeah sure, besides I didn't like the way it came out anyways. How much research did you do into this Lizzy."

Sargent Smith says "Listen, I have a letter from your Sargent as well Cpl. Duke well I know this might be kind of hard to get used right now but he told me that you actually got promoted it's in the letter. And Lizzy since your here and Mr. Davenport if you want I heard you talk about the Army nice branch of the service there all good you know. Well I can open your scores and let them know how you did as well."

Bo looks and letter and looks at Lizzy and Cooter and doesn't say much of anything.

Sargent Smith says "Well Ms.Jackson-Davenport you seemed to have gotten a 95 percent that's the nicest score I've ever seen anybody get on this test. According to this you could get any job you wanted with no problems but there also the AFQT and the physical and of course the background check as well but that's nothing to worry about but you can keep this right here and congralutations as well."

Bo says "Listen thanks for the letter, how do you know my Sargent in the first place as well."

Sargent Smith says "Well Cpl. Duke, I got transferred there and yes I see you this weekend as well just wanted to get these results done but I was listen I was thinking when your sister is feeling better why don't you bring her to Armory and I can talk with her and Ms. Jackson-Davenport you come as guest to the drill if you want to see what the Marines are like if you want to. Oh and Ms. Jackson-Davenport you got a question on Auto-Shop Information that nobody ever get right don't ask which it is but it right on that report for ya as well."

Sargent Smith says "Well Ms.Jackson-Davenport you seemed to have gotten a 95 percent that's the nicest score I've ever seen anybody get on this test. According to this you could get any job you wanted with no problems but there also the AFQT and the physical and of course the background check as well but that's nothing to worry about but you can keep this right here and congralutations as well."

Bo says "Listen thanks for the letter, how do you know my Sargent in the first place as well."

Sargent Smith says "Well Cpl. Duke, I got transferred there and yes I see you this weekend as well just wanted to get these results done but I was listen I was thinking when your sister is feeling better why don't you bring her to Armory and I can talk with her and Ms. Jackson-Davenport you come as guest to the drill if you want to see what the Marines are like if you want to. Oh and Ms. Jackson-Davenport you got a question on Auto-Shop Information that nobody ever get right don't ask which it is but it right on that report for ya as well."

Lizzy swallows hard and looks at Bo. "It's a lot to think about. But like I said I only do automotive mechanics so it's looks like it'll be the Army if the want to run the back ground check. However, I doubt I'll pass it. I mean it's great and all that I've scored so high but I'm an ex-whiskey dealer. I didn't just run it from one place to another I made and ran the business behind it. It's not something I'm proud of but I did my time and I'm still paying for it. If I could change it would I? Absolutely not. It was the best 2 and 1/2 years of my life. I've just I've got a lot of thinking to do and if you want to put me in touch with an Army recruiter then go right ahead but it's not an easy decision especially if I went active and went through Fort Jackson." Lizzy says.

Cue anyone.

Lizzy swallows hard and looks at Bo. "It's a lot to think about. But like I said I only do automotive mechanics so it's looks like it'll be the Army if the want to run the back ground check. However, I doubt I'll pass it. I mean it's great and all that I've scored so high but I'm an ex-whiskey dealer. I didn't just run it from one place to another I made and ran the business behind it. It's not something I'm proud of but I did my time and I'm still paying for it. If I could change it would I? Absolutely not. It was the best 2 and 1/2 years of my life. I've just I've got a lot of thinking to do and if you want to put me in touch with an Army recruiter then go right ahead but it's not an easy decision especially if I went active and went through Fort Jackson." Lizzy says.

Cue anyone.

Bo says "Well your decision Lizzy, do what you want in your heart but I'll let you read this letter and you won't be seeing me after a week and it's my choice either."

Sargent Smith says "Okay Ms.Jackson-Davenport I will but in touch with a Army Recruiter as well, and one thing I guess Cpl. Duke never told you this but you never call a Marine a Soldier it's what the Army uses but us Marines it's different thow. And what is right now you look concerned right now and how bad can it be you did get a promotion as well."

Bo says "But my Buddy, he's Missing In Action and he was close and that's other part and I have to after drill in seven days report to a base in Texas for some training."

Back In the House, Julie says "Luke, Sargent Smith said he had letter for my brother but he didn't say which one and now it's bad if it's for James he just found out about Jamie if he left for a year she won't know who her Daddy as well. But one thing I just admired what you and Luke did and James did and wanted to the samething thats all I didn't mean to trump his score on the test he looks a little down about and I wander how Lizzy did on hers you if she once told if she ever joined she consider the Army and she knows exactly what she wants to as well and how long it will take."

Edited by Julieduke

Bo says "Well your decision Lizzy, do what you want in your heart but I'll let you read this letter and you won't be seeing me after a week and it's my choice either."

Sargent Smith says "Okay Ms.Jackson-Davenport I will but in touch with a Army Recruiter as well, and one thing I guess Cpl. Duke never told you this but you never call a Marine a Soldier it's what the Army uses but us Marines it's different thow. And what is right now you look concerned right now and how bad can it be you did get a promotion as well."

Bo says "But my Buddy, he's Missing In Action and he was close and that's other part and I have to after drill in seven days report to a base in Texas for some training."

Back In the House, Julie says "Luke, Sargent Smith said he had letter for my brother but he didn't say which one and now it's bad if it's for James he just found out about Jamie if he left for a year she won't know who her Daddy as well. But one thing I just admired what you and Luke did and James did and wanted to the samething thats all I didn't mean to trump his score on the test he looks a little down about and I wander how Lizzy did on hers you if she once told if she ever joined she consider the Army and she knows exactly what she wants to as well and how long it will take."

Bo looks at Lizzy and says "Well I meant it's not my choice you'll see what I mean by nobody wants to do what this says but I can't just ignore and there's nothing anybody can do about it. Not even Boss or Rosco can tell me to stay in Hazzard right now, it's trumps what they have going here as well. You know I kind of wished I was going to Texas for a vacation for once I always wanted to go to a real cattle auction Lizzy, it sounds like fun as well. Sargent Smith where are you from originally you don't sound like it's real local now."

Sargent Smith says "Dallas, Texas and I know what you mean by that Cpl. Duke and you know it's hard when you learn your best buddy is Missing In Action. Lizzy, you do know what that means by the way and it's that the Branch of the Service he or she is in they don't know where your at and Cpl. Duke's buddy way never come back and or may never be found either. I had lost a buddy that way first he was a MIA and then three years later he was Killed In Action and but they know he was gone but they never found his body either. I had was one that had to tell his widow what happened as well it was the hardest conversation to have a anybody especially his family his father always thought his son would come home but his knowing he wouldn't well it was hard on him. He died not ever having a proper burial for his son as well. You see his widow couldn't take it anymore so she had a funeral with a empty coffin she wanted his soul at rest and she always tells me when I see her if they ever find him at least he has a place to be put at now."

Bo looks at Lizzy and says "Well I meant it's not my choice you'll see what I mean by nobody wants to do what this says but I can't just ignore and there's nothing anybody can do about it. Not even Boss or Rosco can tell me to stay in Hazzard right now, it's trumps what they have going here as well. You know I kind of wished I was going to Texas for a vacation for once I always wanted to go to a real cattle auction Lizzy, it sounds like fun as well. Sargent Smith where are you from originally you don't sound like it's real local now."

Sargent Smith says "Dallas, Texas and I know what you mean by that Cpl. Duke and you know it's hard when you learn your best buddy is Missing In Action. Lizzy, you do know what that means by the way and it's that the Branch of the Service he or she is in they don't know where your at and Cpl. Duke's buddy way never come back and or may never be found either. I had lost a buddy that way first he was a MIA and then three years later he was Killed In Action and but they know he was gone but they never found his body either. I had was one that had to tell his widow what happened as well it was the hardest conversation to have a anybody especially his family his father always thought his son would come home but his knowing he wouldn't well it was hard on him. He died not ever having a proper burial for his son as well. You see his widow couldn't take it anymore so she had a funeral with a empty coffin she wanted his soul at rest and she always tells me when I see her if they ever find him at least he has a place to be put at now."

"Easy Lizzy, they say it's not good to mess with a Marine." Cooter warns.

"Yeah what about messing with an ex-whiskey dealer and a mechanic. Set me up with an Army recruiter but other than that don't talk to me. Bo I'm sorry about your buddy. I hope his not a POW or gone AWOL. It's a big decision and I'm gonna have to go for a bit to think about it. I'll talk to you later Bo. I love you." Lizzy stretches up and kisses his check before sliding into her car and spinning off in a cloud of dust and gravel.

Cue anyone.

"Easy Lizzy, they say it's not good to mess with a Marine." Cooter warns.

"Yeah what about messing with an ex-whiskey dealer and a mechanic. Set me up with an Army recruiter but other than that don't talk to me. Bo I'm sorry about your buddy. I hope his not a POW or gone AWOL. It's a big decision and I'm gonna have to go for a bit to think about it. I'll talk to you later Bo. I love you." Lizzy stretches up and kisses his check before sliding into her car and spinning off in a cloud of dust and gravel.

Cue anyone.

Bo says "Cooter the Marine buddy is my cousin Jeb Stuart Duke and that's what had me so upset right when I read about other than that I'm fine. Listen If I end up in Iraq I'm bringing him back when I come back. Excuse Sargent Smith but I got to tell my family his parents are gone so we are his family, and you know he was close to me and James as well."

Sargent Smith says "Excuse me, just wandering are the two of you twins or something because I saw him inside with a baby girl and then I seen you outside and I was wandering how you changed so fast and was out here as well."

Bo says "Yeah, were twins and that's his daughter Jamie he just found out about her less than two weeks ago and she was so unhealty and he really did a good job with her. Of course with Uncle Jesse and all of us to help out as well. Her mother really neglected her she didn't even want that baby as well and the way she treated her it showed."

Edited by Julieduke

Bo says "Cooter the Marine buddy is my cousin Jeb Stuart Duke and that's what had me so upset right when I read about other than that I'm fine. Listen If I end up in Iraq I'm bringing him back when I come back. Excuse Sargent Smith but I got to tell my family his parents are gone so we are his family, and you know he was close to me and James as well."

Sargent Smith says "Excuse me, just wandering are the two of you twins or something because I saw him inside with a baby girl and then I seen you outside and I was wandering how you changed so fast and was out here as well."

Bo says "Yeah, were twins and that's his daughter Jamie he just found out about her less than two weeks ago and she was so unhealty and he really did a good job with her. Of course with Uncle Jesse and all of us to help out as well. Her mother really neglected her she didn't even want that baby as well and the way she treated her it showed."

Sargent Smith left and he was going back and thought well he'll put her in touch with a Army Recruiter and thinking about his days as a Drill Sargent himself. He seen recruits that came to boot camp just like Ms. Jackson-Davenport and he wandered what fun she'll be having after a while.

Bo walked in and says "Everybody I got some bad news and I'll let everybody read this letter as well even it's addressed to me right now because it's bad and you'll be missing me in less than two weeks as well."

Julie looks at her brother and so does everybody else and she says "What in the world are you talking about and you know it's quite sometime since Jeb wrote us a letter I hope he's okay and just can't get his letters mailed out I know he's in Iraq."

Sargent Smith left and he was going back and thought well he'll put her in touch with a Army Recruiter and thinking about his days as a Drill Sargent himself. He seen recruits that came to boot camp just like Ms. Jackson-Davenport and he wandered what fun she'll be having after a while.

Bo walked in and says "Everybody I got some bad news and I'll let everybody read this letter as well even it's addressed to me right now because it's bad and you'll be missing me in less than two weeks as well."

Julie looks at her brother and so does everybody else and she says "What in the world are you talking about and you know it's quite sometime since Jeb wrote us a letter I hope he's okay and just can't get his letters mailed out I know he's in Iraq."

Bo says "Well I got to report to a Marine base in Texas for some training as they say and Jeb has been report Missing In Action right now as well. Which if I go to Iraq I'm not coming home with him."

Bo says "Well I got to report to a Marine base in Texas for some training as they say and Jeb has been report Missing In Action right now as well. Which if I go to Iraq I'm not coming home with him."

Luke reads the letter then looks at Bo. "Please Bo, please tell me you didn't put it bluntly when you told Lizzy you were leaving in a week for Texas." Luke begs.

"Er, yeah kinda why does it matter?" Bo asks.

"You told your girlfriend of less than two weeks and the girl who has liked you since High School that you had to leave in a week for a marine base in Texas for training? I bet you said 'I have to go for training and I won't be back for a while, by the way it's in Texas and oh yeah just because you didn't know I'm also a Marine Corps Reservist'. In front of a recruiter and her father. Lizzy's gonna be so mad at you. You can't just drop a bomb that big when things are so unstable between you two. Especially not when said recruiter is trying to get her to join up. Now that's gonna give her even more of a reason to say no or to be so angry you've ruined any chance you have with her." Luke explains.

"If it were me I'd apologize." Daisy says.

Cue anyone.

Luke reads the letter then looks at Bo. "Please Bo, please tell me you didn't put it bluntly when you told Lizzy you were leaving in a week for Texas." Luke begs.

"Er, yeah kinda why does it matter?" Bo asks.

"You told your girlfriend of less than two weeks and the girl who has liked you since High School that you had to leave in a week for a marine base in Texas for training? I bet you said 'I have to go for training and I won't be back for a while, by the way it's in Texas and oh yeah just because you didn't know I'm also a Marine Corps Reservist'. In front of a recruiter and her father. Lizzy's gonna be so mad at you. You can't just drop a bomb that big when things are so unstable between you two. Especially not when said recruiter is trying to get her to join up. Now that's gonna give her even more of a reason to say no or to be so angry you've ruined any chance you have with her." Luke explains.

"If it were me I'd apologize." Daisy says.

Cue anyone.

Bo says "Really but Luke, I didn't any other way to put that and maybe I should talk to Lizzy and besides sis please think about everything before you go any farther at least."

Julie says "You know what made me want to take the test, well Hughie said that girls weren't smart enough to get a 31 on the ASVAB that's how I knew that number. Of course I asked two weeks ago what he was talking about well he told it was for the Military in General."

Bo says "Really but Luke, I didn't any other way to put that and maybe I should talk to Lizzy and besides sis please think about everything before you go any farther at least."

Julie says "You know what made me want to take the test, well Hughie said that girls weren't smart enough to get a 31 on the ASVAB that's how I knew that number. Of course I asked two weeks ago what he was talking about well he told it was for the Military in General."

"My cousin who can normally charm the pants off of any girl failed to do so in front of the only girl it really mattered. You really should have charmed her for the rest of the week and then dropped it. You should really go talk to her." Luke says.

Cooter enters the house and looks around. "Hey Julie, Lizzy fixed your breaks and your car should be fine by now. And Bo you should apologize to Lizzy but good luck finding her." Cooter says.

Cue anyone.

"My cousin who can normally charm the pants off of any girl failed to do so in front of the only girl it really mattered. You really should have charmed her for the rest of the week and then dropped it. You should really go talk to her." Luke says.

Cooter enters the house and looks around. "Hey Julie, Lizzy fixed your breaks and your car should be fine by now. And Bo you should apologize to Lizzy but good luck finding her." Cooter says.

Cue anyone.

Julie says "Bo, she usually goes to the Swamp when she's really mad and just the record I'm glad I took that test and you know I think every girl should make it point to take it as well. The Militiary isn't just for the guys anymore you know it's equal look at the girl Jessica somebody for West Virginia she's a real impersation right there. Wow, now that was tough what she went through as well."

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.