Remember; Cale Yarborough

Cowboy

Heya'll, Im sure everyone remembers Cale Yarborough being in a few Dukes of Hazzard Episodes. He was a GREAT nascar racer for many years and he was AWESOME in the Dukes Episodes, he fit in them as good as Ol' Waylon, God Rest him.

So... I was going through my community press this morning, (not something I usually do, but Im rather sick and needed some reading material away from the pc) and I came across a page titled "25 Years Ago". Just outta curiosity I began scanning through. 25 years ago would put us at 1983, three years before I was even born.

As I scanned down, I was so happy to find an artical, I was not only Happy, I was SUPRISED. The artical read Cale Yarborough wins the Daytona 500, Bill Elliot comes in second. I was like WOW Cale was in the Dukes! And he was a awesome driver!

Anyway, I just wanted to share my surprise with everyone. I aint forgotten Cale and I know lots of other people out there havent either. But man... small town community press... who woulda ever thought.

~Chet

Thanks for the information, Chet! I bet you were surprised to find it in a local newspaper, but am glad you found the article.

Cale was a very good and talented race car driver and has some awesome statistics to prove it! It was great seeing him on the Dukes - it kinda linked them to NASCAR - which is the reason I am a big NASCAR fan today. The good ol' General Lee! :)