The Battle of Hazzard

The Battle of Hazzard (working title only)

Two female Yankee race drivers, hired by Boss Hogg, come to Hazzard to give the boys a run for their money, literally and figuritivly, in their car, the General Sherman. Stephanie, the mechanic, is brunette, petite and fun-loving while her sister, Angel, the driver, is tall, blonde and very serious. Its the North vs the South all over again, Hazzard style!

Looking for co-author(s).

It was a dreary, rainy afternoon in Hazzard county, the roads slick with mud and rain puddles. But that didnt stop the apple-red Dodge Challedger from tearing through the county full force. Anyone seeing this car would look twice, red with a white strip running from headlights to tail, an american flag painted boldy on the roof, and a number 50 in bright blue on the doors. Some Hazzard county folk may even frown at the name written under the number, also in blue. General Sherman. A tip of the hat of the Union General that marched through the south, burning his way down to Atlanta. A few may even wonder if this Sherman was doing a repeat performance.

And if the car didnt strike you, the occupants would. Th driver; long, lean, blonde and lethal looking. Angel Wilson shifted in the drivers seat and tried to get more comfortable, it had been a long 3 days driving down south from Pittsburgh to Georgia participate in one lousy car race, but the price had been right. The local boss, Hogg, had paid her and her sister, Stephanie damned good money to come down shut down the competition, no matter the cost. Should'nt be to hard, Angel thought. She and her sister were the best stockcar racing team north of the mason dixon line, and now, they wanted to prove they were south of it too.

Angel looked over at her younger sister. Stephanie was every bit of the opposite of her. Petite, cute with curly brown hair tied up in a ponytail and green eyes that always danced with an inner laughter. Their personalities were polar opposite too. Steff was happy-go-lucky, never afraid of speaking her mind and possessing an insatible love for life. Angel was more conservative, cautius, serious. She was the adult of the two.

Sighing, Angel slid her Ray-ban's back over her blue eyes. "Are you sure this is the way? We havent seen anything but cow pastures and corn fields for the last 20 miles."

"Yeah, the old fat boss told us that's the first thing we would smell remember," Stephanie replied. She slid her bangs back and pushed her small sunglasses forward. They continued to race down the long strip of Hazzard road just talking to each other calmly. Angel's driving didn't reflect on their conversation as laughs and giggles rang through the air.

Angel took a corner a little too fast. They saw another car in front of them swerve out of the way into a ditch. Two country looking men climbed out of the odd orange painted car and crossed their arms. Angel put on the breaks and turned around. "You dang people almost killed us!" The blonde one exclaimed.

"Look pal, I we've never been in Hazzard before and..." Stephanie began.

"I don't care if you have never been to China, y'all shouldn't be driving that fast."

"We were just testing the General's legs." The blonde male looked at Stephanie as if she were crazy.

"General?"

"General Sherman...our car." The blonde one examined the car while the brown haired one stayed silent.

"The enemy of the south!"

"Dang tootin'" Angel shook her head. Steph knew something was running through that mind of hers but what?

"Look, pal." Angel got out of the car, straightening to her full height. "I don't what what circus that.." She nodded to the General Lee. "came from, but we had the right of way."

"Circus!?" The brunette looked downright insulted, but Angel ignored him.

"And, if memory serves, a racing car is SUPPOSED to go fast."

"Well, the General Lee is the fastest racing car in Hazzard." Bo Duke proudly tapped the roof.

"That says alot." Angel voice was voiced with sarcasm "You cant mean you running this...orange japoly in the race Sunday?"

"Not just race, Win!"

"Not with Sherman in town!" Stephanie now stood outside the racecar as well. "Don't you know your history, boys? The North always wins." She smirked. With that, Angel and Stephanie slid back inside the General Sherman and gunned the engine. Waving, they left the outraged Duke boys in a cloud of dust and made their way to Hazzard. Angel muttered not quite under her breath "Danged hick plowboys." Angel considered the encounter for a moment. "Although...I have to admit, the dark-haired one was kinda cute. Its gonna be a whole lot of fun watching them eat our exhaust on Sunday."

Bo Duke watched the departing Challedger "Can you believe those two? Insulting the General Lee like that?" Suddenly he grinned "Altough, I gotta admit, the dark-haired one was pretty."

Luke shook his head at his cousin "You and your one track mind." He said, all the while thinking he was about to say the same thing about the blonde driver of the enemy racecar.

Meanwhile....

Angel and Stephanie finally slowed down in front of the Hazzard garage.

"Can you believe those two? They think we're going to slow our General down. Well I have news for them. They need to put that clown car down," Stephanie snapped. Angel rolled her eyes. "No, I should get them good."

Stephanie jumped out of the car. She put some brown lipstick on. She looked around. The one thing Stephanie remembered was the courthouse they would have to visit after this little trip to the garage. It was ashame they even had to come here. Stephanie was sure she could fix it herself but Angel wasn't going to chance having their baby damaged. Besides, Stephanie would have to go to a part's store if anything was missing out of her tool box.

"Need to gas this bad boy up. I think we got dinged too. I think I might have to ask this yokle if I can use his tools," Stephanie commented. She looked at the car. "Angel, give me the keys. Angel threw her sister the keys. Stephanie tried to pop the trunk. It wouldn't open. She put the gas in herself and soon the mechanic walked out suprised.

"This ain't self serviced gas ma'am, I would have done that fer you," Cooter said. Stephanie circled the the mechanic.

"You have tools?"

"Yeah I do, why?"

"Well I hurt my General. I have to fix him."

"Another General in town? First the General Lee and now..."

"General Sherman. Now, I need your tools to get mine out."

"Can I have your name please ma'am?"

"Not until I get yours."

"Cooter Davenport."

"Stephanie Wilson mechanic. Glad to meet a fellow person of the wrench. Now, while I use your tools you can warn Mr. Blonde that drives the orange wonder to hold off on the breaks."

"That would be Bo. The brown haired one is Luke. Y'all crashed into them?"

"Yeah, you could say that, we took a corner at the right speed and they just were too slow. Oh well." There was that orange car now. Bo got out.

"You again!" Bo exclaimed. He looked at the two as Stephanie continued to fix the car. She looked quite busy. Stephanie finally got the trunk to open and looked at her tool box. The boz was a deep red with gold plated lettering.

"Well honey, you just love bumping into us."

"Cooter is the best mechanic in town."

"Was honey."

"Now listen here..." Luke put a hand over his cousin's mouth.

"How do you deal with this Angel?" Luke asked.

"I usually ignore pests." Angel deadpanned, leaning against the red racecar. "Although I probably would demand damage costs to our car if I thought you plowboys could afford it."

"Well, we can always pay you from the prize money on Sunday."

"Not likely."

Cooter looked from one racing team to the other. Both parties were glaring at each other. "Whoo-wee! This is like the Civil War all over again. except I don't like things are gonna stay civil this time."

Angel glanced back to her sister. "Steff, while you get that fixed. I'm gonna see Boss Hogg about the arrangements."

Stephanie nodded without looking up, obviously busy with her work.

"Boss Hogg? Why you wanna see that old rattlesnake for?" Depsite the fierce rivilary brewing, Bo couldnt contain his curiousity.

"That 'old rattlesnake'.." Angel extraggrated the southern drawl. "is the one who hired us to come down south and ..whats the word?.. whoop y'all?" Angel smirked at the trio of Hazzardites. "I shouldnt be long."

After Angel left, Luke looked and Bo and sighed "Well, that figures. Boss would hire the two most ornery female drivers in the North to compete against us."

The place got silent for a minute as Stephanie finished fixing the car. "I had a horse named Stephanie. The thing was stubborn and threw a shoe," Bo finally said. Luke bit on his bottom lip.

"I bet you had a goat named Angel too," Stephanie replied.

"Actually I did. We got rid of her, bad milk." Stephanie rollied her eyes.

"On behalf of my family, I would like to appologize for anything my cousin might say," Luke said firmly.

"Yeah, I figure you would say that. No woman is gonna win this race. I don't care how much better y'all are!" Bo said.

"So this is about me being a woman huh?" Stephanie questioned. Angel came back within minutes. "You think I ain't a good mechanic or a good driver is that it? My sister can drive better than you in a heart beat." Stephanie got into the car. "And she looks better too." They drove away into the night.

A few hours later, Bo and Luke were talking about their adventures with the two racing gals. Uncle Jesse laughed. "Battle of north and south. Well its about time that we get some action around here. It's been dead here for months. I don't know what you're worrying about," Uncle Jesse mumbled. He picked up the paper back he was reading and fell deep into it.

"If we're gonna beat these northern big city girls, we're gonna have to get some extra parts for the General. Face it Bo, they're good. We ain't gonna have anything illeagal though," Luke said.

"Wasn't plannin' on it. But if they play dirty I'll..." Bo began. Uncle Jesse cleared his throat. "Shake the dirty winner's hands." Bo walked out of the room. He needed some air. This conversation really made him mad. Bo was sick of always being pushed around. Always having to settle for second. He didn't really want to say those things but they came out all the same.

Maybe tomorrow would be better...at least they hoped so.

The next day brought brighter weather. Angel walked with her sister down the steps of the local hotel. "I can not believe he actually said we were going to lose the race because we're women! Of all the assinine things to say!" Angel was a bit of a femenist, so this was a sore spot for her. Now more than ever she wanted to beat the Dukes in the race and otherwise as well. "Steph, I don't usually say this, bet how you feel about a little dirty pool? Nothing serious, but lets make this guys eat crow as well as our dust." She grinned wickly over the rims of her sunglasses.

Stephanie grinned back. "What did you have in mind?"

"Well, these boys think we're just two pretty girls with a big bad car, let's let them think that..for now. And come Sunday, they'll know what Atlanta felt like when it burned."

Angel and Stephanie walked towards where they had parked the General Sherman, discussing how they would fool the Dukes along the way. Climbing into the driver's seat, Angel asked. "What's was the name of the place the desk clerk recommended again?"

"The Boar's Nest."

"Sounds lovely. Well, the Hilton it probably isnt, but I'm hungrey anyway. Let's roll."

The two ladies drove on down to the Boar's Nest as they had planned. Both parked and had a swarm of people checking out the other General. A young woman walked in with short shorts. "Now I know I am not in Pittsburgh anymore," Stephanie commented.

"Well get used to it. If we're going to race with the General from the North, we're going to have to know everything about the people," Angel replied. She looked at the boar on the building and smiled. They both walked in and headed for a table. A fight broke out in the background and the sheriff broke them up with the sound of his shot gun.

"I don't want any of this in our bar...well Boss' bar Khee," Rosco shouted. He sat back down and drank his ice water. The girl with the short shorts approched the two women.

"Howdy, I am Daisy can I help you ladies?" Daisy asked nicely.

"Yeah, I would like a brown cow special, the hero roast beef and the super sub," Stephanie answered.

"Uh honey, those are mighty big sandwhiches."

"My metobolic rate is very remakable. I can hack your sandwhiches."

"What would you like?"

"I would like a root beer and a grilled cheese if you can manage," Angel answered.

"Comin' right up gals." Daisy walked away to get their orders.

As Angel and Stephanie ate their lunch, Bo and Luke walked into the Boar's Nest, hoping to catch Daisy and maybe get some information about the Yankee race team. They both stopped short when they spotted the very two sitting in the corner booth.

Luke looked at his cousin. "Unbelievable, Everywhere we go, those two turn up."

"Yeah," Bo grinned wryly "And if you any other two girls, I'd say it was our lucky day."

Luke motioned Daisy over to them. "Daisy, what you know about those two girls in the corner?"

"They came roaring in in that red hot rod outside, gathered quite a crowd." Daisy laughed "And not just for the car, either. Other than that, the one has an appetite like Hogg himself."

Meanwhile, Angel had noticed the arrival of the Dukes over her sister's shoulder. She grinned, they looked just as vexed as finding them here as they did as the garage. Normally, Angel would say great minds think alike, but in this case...

"Watch this action, Sis." Angel kept her tone low. Then Angel smile warmly at the Dukes boys and waved, as if glad to see them. Bo and Luke looked at the girls and then back at each other, perplexed.

"WHAT are you doing, Angela?!" Only when Stephanie was really peeved did she used Angel's full name. "Fine time to be flirting with the enemy!"

"Just be cool, I know what I'm doing. We'll have those boys so confused, they'll be driving backwards on Sunday."

"You're not expecting me to..." Stephanie grumbled. Angel laughed at her younger sister. Stephanie looked at her and knew what Angel was planning. Make the boys fall madly in love with them.

"Well if you want good money," Angel replied.

"I do but..."

"Boss paid us to be here but he's also going to let us have 50% of the winnings including the money he paid us upfront. Of course I took something of value from him...someone dropped it off at the hotel yesterday."

"What?"

"His Catilllac. Until he gives us the money, we keep that car. I saw him this morning. Anyway, we better get goin' or we're gonna loose these boys."

"We haven't lost them before."

"Just get moving."

"Oh okay." Stephanie walked up to Bo and looked him directly in the eye. "Are your legs tired?"

"Huh?" Bo questioned her.

"They must be, you've been running through my mind all night long." Bo looked at her bewildered. Daisy walked past and Stephanie grabbed her by the shoulder. "Buy this man a beer...bring one for me and another sandwhich." Daisy nodded. "You know you look much cuter when you're not mad."

"Okay, who are you and what did you do with Stephanie?"

"Oh come on, you should have seen right through that act of mine. I am wild for you." Stephanie ran her fingers down Bo's chest undoing the top couple of buttons. She slowly slid her hands down his chest. Bo grabbed her hands and pulled them away. He did up the buttons that she had undone. "How can I prove to you I like ya?"

"Actually spend time with me before undoin' my clothes. I don't work that way."

"You're a country boy, raised right."

"Yeah...that's the way a country boy should be right?" Stephanie raised her eyebrows. She smiled at him. This guy was different than what she thought Bo would be like.

"Sure. How about horse back rididng? I have never taken a ride before and you have obviously need to know who I am and how long I'll be staying."

"Okay, horse back riding it is."

Angel watched her sister work with a grin. When Stephanie Wilson did something, she threw herself into it. And at this point, she was throwing herself onto the blonde Duke. The poor boy was looking confused, all right, but willing to go along with her. *I don't think I can top THAT. But I guess its my turn. At least she saved me the cute one.*

Standing, Angel walked up to the Luke, who had been watching the exchange between Steph and Bo suspiciously. "You have to forgive my sister's forwardness, but she's right. I think we all got off on a bad start yesterday and Steph and I were discussing how we could...make it up to you."

Luke wasnt quite as gullible as Bo was being. "Well, for starters, you can apologize for insulting the General Lee."

"You really love that car, don't you."

"Its like one of the family."

"Its same with Sherman for us."

Stephanie had would her arms around Bo's and winked mischievely. "Angel, you wanna come with Bo and I horseback riding?"

"Nah, You two go on ahead. I think, Luke and I will stay here so we can..talk shop." Angel's choice of words and her tone caused Luke to look and his cousin and shrug. He couldnt fathom what the girls were up to, but when a couple of pretty ladies wanted your attention, you didnt argue. While Luke had his head turned, Angel raised on eyebrow at Steph, clearly telling her the name of this game would be "Divide and Conquer".

Stephanie got into the General Lee's driver seat. "What do you think you're doing?" Bo asked angerly. Stephanie smiled.

"The best way to get to know a guy is to drive his car," Stephanie answered. She reached into Bo's pocket and grabbed the keys. Stephanie pulled her ponytail holder out and took her sunglasses out of her left shirt pocket. She put them on., flicking them up with her index finger and her thumb. "Well, are you going to sit there and gaze at me or are we going to drive this sucker?"

"Don't call him a sucker."

"I am sorry General Lee." Stephanie started up the engine and revved it good. "Now get in and hold onto something." Bo got in through the window as Stephanie buckled up. She flung her hair towards Bo and began to set off. Stephanie saw a dip in the road and took her chance. She flew the General pretty high. "Oooo, pretty good there Mr. Blonde. Does this car have a licenence to kill? I bet you land on a couple of possums each week." Bo had to laugh.

"Have you always been like this?"

"Like what?"

"This much spunk. I don't see a lot of women acting the way you do."

"A man once told me, if you care about what other people think, you'll never really go far in life."

"Smart man."

"Which way to your farm?"

"Take that turn there." Stephanie did what he said. They pulled into a farmhouse. It wasn't like the ones she had seen on TV. The house was worn and old. The place had no grass in the front. It looked kind of bare. One thing was the same, the chickens all over the ground. Bo walked over to the stables and looked at two horses they had in there. Two mustangs, the most beautiful ones Stephanie had ever laid eyes on.

"Where'd you get these?"

"We were writen into someone's will. They knew we would take care of these horses." Stephanie looked around.

"This farm is not what I expected."

"Yeah, I know, its a little run down. With all the things going on in our lives, I guess sometimes it doesn't always stay the way it should. We have enough to get by." Stephanie's head lowered. She always seemed to have enough. Now she wondered how these Dukes even survived.

"I hope it goes better."

"Should, after the morgage is paid off."

"You just bought the place?"

"No, we have been living here all our lives."

"Why the morgage?"

"Too long of a story. Shall we?"

"Sure."

Stephanie stared at the horse as Bo put on all the nessesary equitment to ride the horses. She had no idea what Bo was doing. Stephanie only rode a horse once when Angel and herself went to Calgary for a visit. They went to the Stampede they put on there. All over the city are pancake breakfasts. There were some horses there and people would guide them for free. That was the only horse training she had. Well that and the mechanical horse in the mall.

Bo smiled at her as she tried to get up. He helped her into the saddle and they were finally off. Stephanie rode slow as she bounced up and down. It was a hard thing for her to do. Stephanie's butt bounced up and down. This was hard and heavy. Bo trotted beside her and pointed out where to go. He also helped her steer a bit. Stephanie began to do it herself.

"This is interesting that's for sure," Stephanie commented. She held on tight. Bo picked some crab apples and put them into the sack he brought with them.

"I have always liked crab apple Jelly maybe we could have some made by Uncle Jesse," Bo mumbled.

"Uncle?"

"Yeah sure, my parents along with Luke's kinda left us in the dust."

"Oh my, that's terrible."

"Yeah but we live on day at a time. So how are you like?"

"Do you really want to know?"

"Try me." Stephanie cleared her throat and began to talk.

Back at the Boar's Nest...

After Bo and Stephanie left off their merry way, Luke and Angel sat at the bar, quietly talking. They discussed cars, city living vs country living and the various antics of their younger counterparts. Partway through the conversation, Angel realized she hadnt counted on actually liking the dark-haired Duke boy once she got to know him. *You're here to be a job,

girl.* She reminded herself. *Time to up the stakes.*

Angel didnt say anything for a bit but studied Luke silently, he became uncomfortable beneath her gaze. Angel chuckled. "You know you really do have nice eyes. You can tell alot about a person by their eyes."

"Oh yeah, and what do you see about me?" On the pretense of looking at his eyes, Angel leaned in close until She and Luke's faces were only a breath away. Luke swallowed nervously.

"'As your eyes set beyond the sunrise but your heart reveals all. Though sometimes you play a double life, the winds of the world call you back.' Angel quoted. You can't hide your desires from me Luke. You're more than just some country boy. You have dreams and passions waiting to get out. You may be the quiet one but you'll open up to anyone who will listen," Angel said softly, reaching up to her hand on Luke's.

"You figured this out by looking into my eyes?" Luke asked.

"I guess that sounds dumb huh?"

"Well, sometimes I guess I hide myself."

"Hon, always tell the truth. Then you'll never have to remember what you said the last time. Sam Rayburn 1882 - 1961 said that. You're not telling the truth by hiding who you are."

"Why are you racing when you could be a historian or something?"

Angel chuckled a little self-defeatingly. "I probably could, if I ever finished high school." At Luke's unasked question, Angel continued "After our mom died and dad ran off god knows where, I had to take care of Steph, so I quit school at 17 and took a job laying whiskey down at the bar by a local racetrack, that hows I learned about cars." Angel smiles ruefully "I'd

anything for that kid. Nothing can seperate us." Ok, she thought, maybe that was a little much for a first date. Right behind that thought was the thought *Since when is this a date.?*

Angel cleared her thought and looked away. She sipped her drink, trying to distance herself. Angel decidied it was time to go for broke. She ran a finger lightly down Luke's forearm and smiled. "About ready to get out of here?"

Luke smiled warmly and nodded. As they were leaving, Boss came running out the his office, pointing a fat little finger at the couple.

"YOU! You stop right there, you..you..car thief!

Annoyed at the interupption to what was shaping up to be a very nice evening, Luke said "I don't know what you're trying to pin on us now, Boss, but we don't have tim..."

"Not you, Luke Duke, HER!"

Luke looked at Angel who grinned wickedly, grabbed his hand and ran for the door. "This evening just got a whole lot more interesting." AS they ran for the Sherman, ANgel could hear "...Rosco! What are waiting for, arrest them. Those two Yankee fillies stole my car and the Dukes are in on it!"

Sliding into the red racecar, Luke turned to Angel. "Just tell me one thing, did you actually lift Boss's car?"

"That's what the man said, wasnt it?"

Luke did'nt look too happy at her answer. "Something you wanna tell me?"

"Later, I'm busy." Angel gunned Sherman's engine and floored the accelorator, hitting the road with Rosco's patrol car hot on its heel, or bumper as the case may be. The Sherman proved as agile as the Lee as they swerved over the Hazzard back roads, guided by Angel. Rosco ,however, didnt let up easily and managed to follow the car's every move. Luke directed Angel to a right turn, and Angel eyebrows raised when Sherman plowed through a "No Bridge Ahead" sign.

"Luke, I hope you have a plan, the Sherman aint no boat!"

"Just gun it, trust me, if Sherman is half the car the General Lee is, this jump will be easy."

"JUMP?!"

"Trust me."

For whatever reason, Angel did. So she kept her foot to the floorboard as the Sherman hit the ditch and went flying. She did close her eye though until the jar of hitting the ground on the other side of the creek let her know Sherman had actually made it. Slamming on the brakes, Angel looked behind her to see the local law hip deep in the muddy water. She grinned and looked at Luke, who was grinnning back at her expression.

"Me and Sis have GOT to try that over the Allegheny! You country boys know a few tricks, after all."

"Speaking of tricks, you got both you and me into a mess of one. Why'd you steal Boss's caddy?"

"In a minute." Picking up the CB, Angel switched to the channel she and her sister used most often. "Fallen Angel to Sunbeam, come in, girl. We got a small problem."

Stephanie and Bo had just gotten back from rididing. She put the horse away. "Oh come on sunbeam, answer me," Angel mumbled over the CB. "Sunbeam, this is fallen angel, if you can hear me I need to talk to ya!"

"This is Sunbeam, what do ya need sis, come back," Stephanie answered.

"Boss' car is in the hot bag come back."

"WHAT?! You said that..."

"I know what I said. Habbit got the best of me. I am sorry, it was such a nice one."

"YOU PROMISED! You said we wouldn't do it anymore. After I was done my appreniship we would go and do a clean business."

"Sunbeam, I don't want to hear it over the CB! Now where can we meet?" Luke grabbed the CB.

"Lost sheep two are you there?" Luke asked.

"Yes I am lost sheep number one," Bo replied.

"Here's the plan, do you remember the place we had to hide for a week while we sold our shine?"

"Yeah?"

"Bring Sunbeam over here and we'll have to come up with a plan."

"10-4 pal." Bo slid across the hood. He reached into his pocket for the keys. Stephanie flashed them in front of his face.

"Move over pal," Stephanie hissed.

"You ain't drivin' ya car thief!" Bo exclaimed. Stephanie pulled his head down by the jaw. She had a tight grip on him.

"You wouldn't understand would ya?"

"What do you mean I wouldn't understand?" Bo moved over. Stephanie climbed into the window she started up the engine.

"You don't know how its like to loose both parents and get kicked out of the house you live in. I didn't like the orphanage and Angel was just old enough to be an independant resident at any place. I couldn't stand living without her so of course I ran away. I found her and we have been living together ever since."

"That still don't explain the car thieving."

"Well, I didn't go to school for a year incase social services found us. We needed a bigger income than a Mac Donalds job or something."

"So you stole cars?" Bo pointed out where to turn. Stephanie took the turn willingly.

"Well, not exactly. We stole the parts out of the cars and gave them back."

"Well that's just as dirty."

"Yeah well can you think of any better way to live? We had to do something."

"Don't you have any kin?" Bo pointed to a small clearing in a group of trees where the terain was heavy. It looked like nothing was here. As she continued to drived through the clearing, a mysterious dirt road appeared.

"Kin?"

"Family."

"Yeah but they would rather throw us into a ditch. Anyway, I went back to High School when I was 18. I finished my Apprenticeship and got a good job. My sister started betting our money and participated in drag races and such. We won quite a bit by doing that. Built this car and tested some of the curcits. Now we're here for money."

"Why did Angel steal that car?"

"Beats me. I don't even know why I am telling you this."

"Maybe because you need someone to help you out and I am the only one who can do it."

"Dream on farm boy."

They finally came to an old cabin. General Sherman was sitting there bored looking into the blue sky while General Lee was very used to his surroundings.

The trees sheltered the group rather nicely. No one came here except the Dukes when trouble lurked around. The ground was perfectly connected to a cabin. One that had been used to save the Duke's neck. They had never brought anyone else here before.

Luke came out of the small red cabin. He stretched his arms up slowly as he grabbed Angel's arm. Angel didn't like being man handled by just anyone but took it from Luke. He looked at his cousin and Stephanie.

"Stephanie told me the whole story," Bo commented.

"Yeah, Angel filled me in too," Luke answered.

"What are we gonna do? Luke, you and Angel are in big trouble this time. It's funny, looks like we have new partners for now."

"You mean I have to work with you?" Stephanie questioned.

"You're stuck with me ma'am."

"Okay, I am game I guess. So how do we get out of this mess?"

Luke looked thoughtful at a moment "How about just giving the car back?"

"Sounds like a great way to get arrested." Angel said sarcastically.

Stephanie, on the other hand, was none too happy with her sister at the moment. "I can't believe you risked everything we worked for, Angela Marie!" She ignored the Dukes when they chuckled at the stern use of Angel's full name.

Angel started to say something, stopped and then looked ashamed. "I know, sis, I've ruined it for both of us now." She let out a big sigh. "Maybe I should just turn myself in, that way, you and Sherman could still race and move on."

"Ain't no doing, We stick together!"

Bo interruppted. "Look this is all very touching, but we still have a problem."

"and noones turning themselves in." Luke added.

"Look, we don't have that much experience giving cars back, not intact anyhow." Angel said.

After a moment, Luke said. "We have two cars, let make the most of it."

Grinning, Bo said "Luke, sounds like you got a plan?"

"Is that good?" ANgel questioned.

"Well, Bo and Stephanie, We'll drop you off at Boss's car. When we give you the call, drive it back and park in right in front of the sheriff's office."

"And that YOUR PLAN?!" Stephanie placed her hands on her hips "You'll get us all arrested!"

"I wasn't finished, me and Angel will keep Rosco and Boss busy with the Lee and Sherman."

Angel and Stephanie looked at each other and then back at the Dukes. Angel shrugged, "Its crude, but i think it'll work. That is.." Angel grinned at Luke "if you can keep up with me."

"Lady, I can handle any curves you care to throw at me."

Bo looked at Stephanie "I can't believe he actually said that."

"Well, if we do get caught we'll be put in different cells Bo," Stephanie commented. She leaned in and gave Bo a long kiss. Bo tried to pull away at first but drew closer as she cornered him. She finally released Bo from the tight salty kiss.

"Dang!" Bo exclaimed.

"You two should do the same. What if we get caught? We'll be in an all women's prison and you guys will be surrounded by men."

"That's why we're not going to get caught. Now, let's get moving." Stephanie and Angel got into Sherman and started the engine.

"Hey boys, don't make me crash into you again," Angel teased as she revved the engine a few times. She beeped her horn. It was the sound of the trumpet when they were charging.

The boys got into Lee. They did the same, letting their Dixie horn wail. "Don't think you're gonna git away with murder of a good car either," Luke answered. Luke was in the driver's seat now.

Stephanie was bored with her sister's driving. Her sister was good usually but today, she was love struck. Stephanie could see that look in Angel's eyes. No matter how much Angel tried to deny it, she did like Luke an awful lot.

"You could get arrested for impeeding," Stephanie joked.

"Yeah, yeah," Angel snapped.

"The boys are gonna crash into us if we don't move our tail." Angel sped up. "Now that's more like it."

"Now, get off my back about speed and do something useful." Angel handed Stephanie the tax sheets.

"I am not doing taxes at a time like this!"

"Okay, just an offer. I figured you were bored."

"You should have kissed him while you had the chance."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I see how you look at him. Ya can't fool me."

"Oh? How about the way you look at Bo."

"Don't you start." Angel put her foot on the gas and jumped. "Got that from Luke right?"

"Yeah."

She continued moving to Hazzard's town. Stephanie got out of the car and stood on the roof. When they were finally in the town, Angel sounded the horn and pulled onto the sidewalk. People were screaming and moving out of her way.

Stephanie stood up. She grabbed onto a window ledge and slowly slid down the slippery slithery window. Stephanie put her hands on her hips waiting for Bo. Bo whistled from above.

"If it was behind Cooter's garage, why didn't we just go and get it from there?" Stephanie asked.

"Well, don't you think that they're going to be looking for us too?" Bo replied.

"Why would they look for us? We didn't do anything."

"Well if there is a will there is a way. We have to go building hopping."

"Excuse me?"

"We're going to the sky." Bo approched the fire escape. He jumped up and grabbed it. "Do you need me to give you an arm up?"

"I think I can manage." Stephanie grabbed onto the high ladder and pulled herself up. She couldn't believe she was doing this. After all the times she had done tricks and such, Stephanie had never done anything like this. Bo took the first jump.

"Come on!" Stephanie did a half smile wearily. She rubbed her hands together and pulled back her hair. Stephanie jumped. She was doing the splits in the air. Stephanie made it. "Don't think this impresses me, I have don't this a lot more than you have."

"I am sure." They continued jumping the buildings.

Angel looked peered out of the car window to watch her sister jump from the first building to the next. *Alrighty then, my turn.* She thought. She looked over at Luke and gave him a thumb's up and a grin. *Hope this works. Steph's right, i should have kissed him while I had the chance.*

Angel edged Sherman out of the alley, with the Lee close behind until she could see Rosco and Enos talking outside the sheriff's office beside their patrol cars. *No time like the present*. She slammed on the accelorator and, with a sqeal of the tires, the Challedger shot into the street and jumped the pavement. Angel slowed the car just enought to give the

startled lawman enough time to jump on top of their vehicle hoods, out of the way of Sherman's tired. Bringing the car into a 360 turn, she leaned out the window and blew a kiss at Enos and Rosco, who were scrambling into their patrols cars, only to jump on the hood a second time as the General Lee came flying down the street side of the cars, dixie horn blasting. Luke slide the General into a stop, parallel to Sherman.

Angel saw what he was up to, he had squared the two cars against each other like a starting line. Luke was grinnly at her, Angel picked up the CB radion and answered the challedge. "Catch me if you can!" With that, General Sherman charged through the streets of Hazzard, the General Lee nipping at his back bumper.

"Alright you two, this is no time to play, I want you to pull it over right there," Rosco commented over the CB. They kept going. "Okay you two, right over on the side of the next road..." Both Angel and Luke kept speeding. Two Generals and two police cars. Now here's something you don't see everyday. "Okay, Dukes! I am mad. I am gonna take action. I am gonna cuff ya and stuff ya. I want you to pull over!"

"Yes, I am sure you do," Luke replied.

"Luke Duke you're under arrest for helping a criminal. Angela, you're under arrest for stealing Boss Hogg's car."

"Well if you want us in prison, you're gonna have to catch us first," Angel said over the CB.

"Jit-Jit, OOoooo, you two never listen do ya?"

"Not when it comes to you Rosco Coltrane." They began to speed along the roads of Hazzard, and finally split up in their cars, Luke taking one way and Angel taking the other way.

Meanwhile, back at the garage, Stephanie and Bo were making sure the police department wouldn't have any evidence to convict Angel with. If there was no evidence there, they wouldn't be able to throw Luke into jail with her. Bo and Stephanie were wearing gloves as they tunned and wiped Boss' Caddy up real good. No finger prints would be found. The car looked well restored.

"Step two, keeping Boss busy," Bo mumbled.

"What did you do for step two?" Stephanie replied.

"As Uncle Jesse always says, think things through and you'll never loose." Bo pointed over to the courthouse. A rather large woman walked over towards the courthouse. She was wearing a purple dress and nice earings.

"Who is that?"

"The calvary, Mrs. Lulu Hogg."

"Oh? What's she going to do, kiss him for the next fifteen minutes while we park the car?"

"No, I told her that Boss hired a couple of Northren people with a car named General Sherman to go and race us. I said you were pros. When Lulu hears of Boss messing with us Dukes, she has a fit." Stephanie laughed.

"You Dukes think of everything."

"Just about."

Lulu walked into the courthouse and looked at Boss as he had a big plate for of hamburgers on a plate. It was so high he didn't even see Lulu come in. "Rosco! I thought you were out chasing them Dukes," Boss hissed. She didn't answer. "Well don't just stand there, go git them. I wanna drive my car. Lulu picked the worst car in the world and now I am driving it. Your fat sister ain't exactly my best friend neither. Did you know she wants to get rid of my refridgerator?"

"Jefferson-Davis Hogg! You're lucky I don't belt you one. Makin' fun of my car! Working my brother to the bone!"

"Sugar lumps!"

"Oh don't you sugar lumps me! And another thing, what makes you think my baby brother Rosco wants to chase them Dukes anyway? They didn't do anything and I know it."

"Talkin' to fugitives?"

"I don't believe you. And what's this I hear about a General Sherman racin' our southren car?!"

"Tootsie roll, I am sick of loosing my bets err umm the races."

"I heard that JD!" Boss Hogg scrunched his shoulders up and closed his eyes tight. He knew he was going to get it.

It didnt take long for the two racecars to manuever out of the town and into the countryside. The cars were bumper to bumper for most part. As long as Angel edged the car foward, Luke kept up with her, but not running ahead either. After they split at the junction, Angel gunned the motor as much as she could. She needed to keep the deputy behind her to keep him from returning to town. At a second crossroads, the two Generals swerved back together.

Finally, Angel had had enough distraction, she wished it hadnt had come to this but she wasnt gonna get Stephanie go to prison while she was alive. Steering with one hand, she opened the glove compartment and pulled out her black Beretta. She wasnt about the shoot the lawman but being SHOT AT would ensure she would be chased until Stephanie and Bo had the time to replace the vehicle. And that they would break off pursuit of Luke. After all, She's the one who stole the car, she should be the one to pay the price.

Luke, on the other hand, was having fun. It wasnt often that he got to same against a car that was an equal to the General Lee, and with a beautiful driver to boot. He glanced over to Angel to see her reach for something, and saw...a gun. Twisting the wheel sharply, the Lee collided with the Sherman, the sudden movement knocking the gun out of her hand, out of reach on the floor.

Picking up the CB, Angel snapped. "What the hell was that for?"

Luke answered "Guns arent part of the deal, darling, you want to keep Rosco chasing you, you stick to your driving and your pretty face."

"You drive me crazy!" Angel hissed.

"Well its better than ending up in prison believe me. I have been to prision," Luke replied. They continued driving there were two semi trucks up the road side by side. Luke turned one way and Angel the other. Luke went on the rocky terain and was followed closely by Enos. Luke felt the bumps as he kept going. He couldn't believe he could drive this well while on the road.

"Oh my word! Luke, can ya slow down now?" Enos asked over the CB.

"I would but then you would catch me," Luke replied.

"You're gonna git a flat tire on this road."

"Nah, I am too good for that."

Angel went onto a road that reconnected back with the main one. She began driving faster. She pulled off a major jump. Rosco slowed down and took the hill down. He was right on her tail working on capturing the beauty. "This is Fallen Angel calling sunbeam. Can I have a progress report?" Angel asked over the CB.

"Sure thing. The swine is being occupied by his owner and we're almost finished operation restore. With Bo's help it's going a hundred times faster. Though you did a great job taking out the parts," Stephanie answered.

"Okay, well hurry it up. I lost contact with the orange clown."

"You did not red nose, repeat, you didn't loose me," Luke answered.