County of Hazzard Legal Notice

MaryAnne

MaryAnne stopped turning the screws for a moment. "What? YOU superglued the drawers?!?!" Pretends to be screwing the screws back in again....

"KHEE! You rascal! Rosco was sure mad aabout that." MaryAnne resumed removing the screws. The top hinge came loose. MaryAnne pointed the screwdriver at Brian. "And I did just get that lil' confession outta ya. KHEE!!"

"I got a room full of witness to your Coltranian slip. Khee!" MaryAnne removed the last screw on the bottom hinge. "And I think I got this pretty well under control here..." The bottom hinge came loose and MaryAnne pulled the door forward, although still attached by the lock it was just enough for Brian to step through.

She looked at him. "Yew can come out now. Khee!"

Mustering dignity as required for the occassion, Brian adjusts his jacket collar, holds his head high, and steps through the slightly open cell door.

"One small step for man...one great leap for bad guys everywhere. KHEEHAAA!"

He turns to MaryAnne, offers her a handshake. "No hard feelin's, cousin. It's been a long thirty days, but the law is the law....an' you an' I are still kin, even if we're on opposite sides once in awhile"

Hilery looks at it then hits play. Everyone listens as Brians Confession is made. "Hmmm," she says grinning. "Good thinking Daney, and you know what, I figured that was him. Rosco was angry as anything when he was paying the repair bills for his patrol car... again. Welcome out Brian." Hilery says and looks at the tape recorder before running. A few seconds later she returned. "htere. Maryanne, the tape is in Rosco's office, waiting for your veiwing." Hilery said.

The Game Warden stood in the back corner of the room just watching the scene unfold. She just mused at the sight and shook her head with her arms folds as she leaned against the jail walls. She was chuckling to herself lightly as MaryAnne bluffed Brian, Brian panicking, and Hilery's jesting. It was good to see the folks of Hazzard working together.

She grinned and watched Brian and Daney hug, "Sorry I didn't answer ya sooner Brian. Fang's alright he's upstairs in my office safe and sound. MA, I'll be upstairs if you need me. By the way, it's my turn today to run to Busy Bee and get lunch. What would you like MA?"

MaryAnne chuckled. "It took all of us to wrestle a confession outta this desperate criminal. He's all yours Sheriff." MaryAnne saluted Rosco with screwdriver in hand. She then turned to Val.

"I appreciate it, Val, but I'm gonna skip on lunch right now. " She smiled and picked up the box of gunpowder. "Have a glass of chocolate milk for me." MaryAnne started to head for the door. "That's FOR me, not ON me. Khee!"

The Deputy disappeared out the door.

Brian took a step up to Rosco. "Well, if it ain't the Hazzard County Sheriff himself! Y'all ever give thought to upgradin' this here hoosegow into the twentieth century? I'll have you know, I just spent thirty days....thirty-one, to be pree-cise, countin' every brick n' bar in the place. And I'll tell ya, these digs could stand improvement. You call this a jail?"

"Nice to meet ya, Hilery," Rosco nodded his head.

Then he turned his attention to his cousin. "Whaddya mean this jail needs an upgrade? Ain't the whole point to keep the criminals in? Seems to me, it did it's job pretty well. Khee!"

Rosco smirked, satisfied with the look on Brian's face after his comment. "Well, yer out now, so whaddya say we go home and have a nice home-cooked meal, all of us Coltranes together again. I'm sure you've had yer fill of jailhouse slop. Khee!"

Brian let Rosco's words settle a moment, then repied. "Yeah, this jail holds criminals in so well, MaryAnne practically had to blast to get me out! Meantime, yer out at an important corn dog investigation..."

The rant is ceased a moment, as the suggestion of food sinks in. "Wait, you just had a corn dog and now yer talkin' dinner? Man, where do you cops put it all? Never seen nothin' like it...but yeah, a home-cooked meal would be good. So long as you ain't the one cookin'. Khee!"

As Brian started to walk to the door, he stopped to add one more thing, giving Rosco a clasp to the shoulder.

"It's good to see you again, cousin Sheriff. "

(Time to have some Fun!)

It had been a long day for more then one person, a new young cop had been on patrol since 6am that morning. It was time for him to cash in his chips for the day, his working hours were over. Known as Harlond to everyone the 21 year Old deputy was as strait as Enos strait and not a soul knew where he came from not even himself.

Harlond pulled into the sherriffs office in a Candy Apple Red 1969 442 Olds mobile with the name Crimson written in white letter next to 442. He entered the sherriffs office an set his paper work for the day on the secretarys desk. Harlond had given 5 speeding tickets a 2 parking tickets out that day. Dressed in a blue officers shirt he had a pair of pure black jeans on and black work boots.

"My shifts up." He said to the secretary then glimsped up to catch attention with a man in a black lether jacket.

This man was someone he hadnt ever met before, he figured it had to be someone who had been spending some time in the tank or jail, he wasnt allowed there yet. The two mens eyes met, Harlond anolised him quickly trying to undertsand which part of Hazzard he had come from.

(cue who ever wants to go)

• 8 years later...