RIP Pendragon's PC

pendragon1980

Well, it finally happeaned. I got hit with a ubervirus last night that completely destroyed my PC and everything on it. :x

But not to panic, I can still chat on my Dad's laptop and managed to save most of my files before everything went to hell. I just may not be able to chat as often or as late because me and Dad with be vying for it. Plus I have the computers at school. I'm just gonna be down for a couple of days because Dad took his laptop to a seminar.

In fact, the only real casuality was a fic I was writing called Reunion. It was 16 pages long when I crashed. :(

But already I have a friend getting me a copy of Windows, should have it by next week. I hope to be back up and running by next Friday. *crosses fingers*

This is a mixed blessing. As some of you know, my computers has been dying a slow virus-filled death since June, but this just may have been the final blow. Now I can reinstall it with a completely new slate.

I except a warm welcome back I can get back into town. :wink:

(Jax, you have my cell #, I'll leave it on tonight so you can give me the usual Hazzard gossip)

Pendragon and Doc

Pendragon,

I wish you well with the reinstall. It's really not that hard to do.

I have reformatted my computer no less than 5 times in the last year, most recently two weeks ago. I completely understand how upsetting it is to lose a document or picture, that means something to you all because of some dumb person who can't seem to do anything better with their time than create junk that ruins folks computers and online experience.

What annoys me the most is I had the latest Antivirus, Windows Updates, Spybot, Spyware Blaster and all that stuff... every single time its happened.

Thanks for bringing up this topic, leds to the question ...

"Anyone out there on the Hazzardnet, have any programs they recommend or had luck in keeping their system from bein' trashed by malware, adware, trojan horses etc."