MY Hobby is collecting slot cars

General slot car

Hi. One of my hobbies is collecting and racing slot cars. My collect would not be complete of course with out a General Lee slot car. Back in the early 80's Ideal toys made a Duke of Hazzard set with a General Lee and Roscoe's police car. Even though this was not a great quality set if filled the need. Now Auto World has made a new General Lee and much better quality. They have also created a better Roscoe's police car. This summer they plan to launch more Dukes of Hazzard cars. My layout at home has a Boar's nest and the duke farm house. I have over 2000 cars in my collection and it is one great hobby. I have also made some custom cars such as Cooter's towtruck. I have Boss Hogg and Roscoe with his dog Flash standing out front of the Boars's nest. I wish I could up load pictures to show everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi. One of my hobbies is collecting and racing slot cars. My collect would not be complete of course with out a General Lee slot car. Back in the early 80's Ideal toys made a Duke of Hazzard set with a General Lee and Roscoe's police car. Even though this was not a great quality set if filled the need. Now Auto World has made a new General Lee and much better quality. They have also created a better Roscoe's police car. This summer they plan to launch more Dukes of Hazzard cars. My layout at home has a Boar's nest and the duke farm house. I have over 2000 cars in my collection and it is one great hobby. I have also made some custom cars such as Cooter's towtruck. I have Boss Hogg and Roscoe with his dog Flash standing out front of the Boars's nest. I wish I could up load pictures to show everyone.
News flash Look under pictures of model cars and you can see the Boar's Nest with the General Lee.

• 8 months later...

Well I have pictures of the new release of Dukes of Hazzard slot cars. Auto World has done a great job. They have a new and improved General Lee along with Daisy's Jeep and Roadrunner. Also a better Roscoe's patrol car along with the State Police car. We also have Cooter's Racing Camaro. Daisy Jeep even has a windshield that you can lay on the hood. These should be availble at your local Hobby shop or you can order from Auto World site. Enjoy the photos

post-5087-143050809355_thumb.jpg

Hey General slot car!

Those are some pretty cool looking cars. What an awesome hobby! I think that is so cool that you made all the houses and Flash. Did that take a lot of work? How about the slot cars, are they expensive. Actually, I'm not too sure what a slot car is. Maybe you could explain it to me?

Thanks, and again, what a cool hobby that you are working on! The cars looked awesome.

Right now, I'm working on putting a General Lee model together. It's really fun, I enjoy it a lot.

Talk to you soon!

Laura Duke

• 2 weeks later...
Hey General slot car!

Those are some pretty cool looking cars. What an awesome hobby! I think that is so cool that you made all the houses and Flash. Did that take a lot of work? How about the slot cars, are they expensive. Actually, I'm not too sure what a slot car is. Maybe you could explain it to me?

Thanks, and again, what a cool hobby that you are working on! The cars looked awesome.

Right now, I'm working on putting a General Lee model together. It's really fun, I enjoy it a lot.

Talk to you soon!

Laura Duke

A slot car is a electric car that rides on a track using a guide pin in a slot hence a slot car. (like a toy train set). These cars retail for about $14.95 U.S. and can be purchased from the manufacter Auto World www.autoworldslotcars.com . You can find them as well on ebay or your local hobby shop. They have also produced a set that has Rosco's car and the General Lee with 26 feet of track. I hear this is sold out already. As far as the kit to make the Boar's Nest I purchase all the items and painted them myself. It is a great hobby and you can spend time weathering the kit to look real. I got the Boar's Nest image for the net and just printed up and added to the kit.

Thanks for getting back to me, General slot car. It sounds really cool! I would have never guessed that the slot cars were electric. That's pretty neat! So, do you paint up the cars just like a model car? Do you put the motor in, too?

Really neat! I'm glad that you shared all of this, it's really gotten my curiosity!

Laura Duke

Slot cars were around since the late 50's til today. Some do come as kits that need to be painted and built. Most cars are ready to run out of the box. Slot cars come in 4 scales 1/24, 1/32(most popular world wide) 1/43 and the scale I have 1/64(size of a Hot Wheels car). They pictures I have posted is what the manufacture Auto World produced. These cars will work on any H.O. scale track. They will work with Tyco brand, Life-Like brand, Aurora brand and Tomy brand track.I hope this helps. They are detailed just like a diecast car but run on a track. You control your speed with a speed controler. You can slow down, speed up and race your friends.

Over the years there has been a few General Lee slot cars made. So what's the difference. Well the first car was made by Ideal toys. It was big then normal slot cars and didn't perform as well as other brands. The rebel flag and 01 were paper decals and the left side mirror fell off. The second version was made by Aurora. Now they did not want to pay the license fees so there car number was 11 and had the rebel flag on the hood. Also the car was a 1973 Charger body. This car had a better chassis (AFX magna-traction chassis) and was more reliable. This car still goes for big money today. The sets were called Dixie Challenge or Daredevil Hazard. The last company was Auto World. Now they have done there home work and the cars are great. The first version has the correct license plate on rear with rebel flag plate on the front. This car had no pushbar. The second version has the pushbar but doesn't have the license plate but just says Dodge. Both are great cars. There chassis are based on the Aurora AFX chassis. The second version has narrow wheels on front to help turn better and a stiffer chassis. Hope this helps.

post-5087-143050809379_thumb.jpg

post-5087-143050809383_thumb.jpg

post-5087-143050809386_thumb.jpg

post-5087-143050809388_thumb.jpg

post-5087-143050809391_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Wow! You sure know a lot of stuff about this, don't you General slot car! I'm really impressed, and I'm learning a ton of interesting stuff about this that I never knew before.

Now it makes me want to try doing this hobby. I don't own a General Lee that I can drive, so having these miniatures to race around would be down-right fun!

Thanks for all the info. I'd be happy to see and hear anything more that you know about this!

Laura Duke:D