Article on the director...from the web....

Hey Y'all

got this off the ol' web ....It talks about the movie and the director...Just thought I would post it for y'all to read...Post what ya think about it..As for what my thinking is, I couldn't watch SuperTroopers, turned it off and haven't seen The Rundown or Club Dread, not sure if I want to either. Reading this is kind of discouraging about the direction of the movie might go in.

http://www.elitestv.com/pub/2004/Sep/EEN414b2b3528ffe.html

Dukes of Hazzard gets some Reptilian Help

The Hollywood highway is littered with movies based on old tv shows that have failed. Most recently, Starsky & Hutch fell flat, despite a killer cast and pedigree. With news of a Dukes of Hazzard movie set to start filming, expectations are low. However, recent news regarding casting and directing decisions has improved the outlook

The roles of Bo and Luke Duke are slated to be filled by Johnny Knoxille and Seann William Scott. Sounds good to me, Knoxville is eminently watchable and Scott can work well as a part of an ensemble rather than the lead. His work in the suprisingly enjoyable 'The Rundown' is proof of that. The big news of the week is that Jessica Simpson was cast as the role of Daisy Duke. Sure, that works, not that it even matters, as she will not make or break the movie. Plug in any attractive blond or brunette in that role and it would be fine. What is perhaps the key to whole movie, the fact that has been overlooked is the fact that the movie is being written by the hysterically funny comic troupe, The Broken Lizard.

For anyone who has seen Super Troopers or Club Dread knows that these guys are all about comedy. They manage to blend the standard dick and fart jokes with a dry wink-and-nod comic timing. Their movies, especially Super Trooopers, is the type of movie that grows on you, the lines stay in your head and cause you to laugh twenty minutes later. Unlike movies such as American Pie or Road Trip where the joke is all in the visual and it is right at that moment, Broken Lizard brings comedy akin to Office Space, jokes that leave you smirking and trying to figure out when you can use those jokes for yourself. So to think that these warped minds are taking on a series as ripe for ridicule as 'DOH' makes me very optimistic.

From the setting of the backwoods of Georgia, to such foils as Boss Hogg and Roscoe P. Coletrain, how can you go wrong? Plus, there is a character called 'Cooter.' 'Cooter' a term that can also mean a female bodypart that even saying the word makes you laugh, can you imagine the possibilities once Broken Lizard gets their hands on it?

When first hearing about the movie you might have rolled your eyes, and when you heard they cast Jessica Simpon you very well may have thought they were just concerned about marketing and making money. But knowing that Broken Lizard is writing the script, well that is a movie that will be worth seeing.

Well I'm just flat out optimistic now. Dick and fart jokes? Terrific. A movie worth seeing? Right.

As for the "Cooter" thing....I'll admit I'm not the most wordly individual 'round here but, might they not be confusing that with "Hooter"? ROFL

And frankly, given the above if dick and fart jokes are the crown jewel of this Broken Lizard team, it won't be Cooter they'll be poking fun at. It'll be Enos.