Dukes reunion

dukes65

It was so nice to see Tom and John on Smallville Nov 3. It was nice that the charger did its stuff on there they did a nice jump too. If you didnt catch it Lex refered to Luke as a Good ol Boy to John. I did notice that there was some references from DOH show. I liked seeing them together again. Too bad they could not been Bo and Luke in the DOH movie. I do have an idea of why WB did that show because a lot of true Dukes fans including myself was not happy with the movie so to make it up to us they had the duke boys come together because WB is the one who released the DOH movie in the first place. For the sequel they need the real duke boys in it and if they did i would think that it would make more money then the first DOH movie. I just hope that every duke fan was able to see the smallville episode and for the ones who watched the series when it was out on prime time tv that it brings back memories of the show.

That's an interesting theory that WB is trying this to gauge audience interest in determining whether or not to have the real duke boys in a second big screen movie. It will be interesting to see if there was a spike in the ratings of Smallville for this particular episode. It might be a good show, but i know that this was the one and only episode i ever watched. I don't think there is any doubt that if they get Schneider and Wopat into a second movie it will make big bucks.

I can't believe WB would have ever doubted the market value of having John and Tom in the Dukes movie. Ya think WB would have figured out that substitutes won't cut it, after the Coy and Vance era of the show.

And just from my recent ventures into Smallville territory, I can tell you that there is no shortage of John Schneider fans over there.

I consider myself and HazzardNet as friends of WB, but dammit I could slap whoever decided that the original cast had no place in the Dukes movie. I can only speculate that it was an economic ( and short-sighted ) decision.

Whatever revenues the Dukes movie enjoyed worldwide, it fell short of what really Could Have Been.

Brian