Everything posted by runningwild
-
Picking Up the Pieces
Luke accepted the gesture, but he wasn't about to lose his composure to the kindness. Being the oldest, he had always been the strong one for his family. All of a sudden he froze in mid thought. "Uncle Jesse, I believe the authorities are going to arrive in the morning. They'll want to take me and Cassie. Could you phone Rosco and ask him for a prayer for judgment just for me to stay here unbothered until Bo's alright?"
-
Picking Up the Pieces
Luke contemplated a way to stay, but he didn't want to go against his Uncle Jesse. Everything he said made sense to Luke and it was no surprise that Luke didn't agree with all of it. Making sense and agreeing are two different things. He never wanted to leave Bo because this was his chance to make it up to him. If something else happened to Bo and Luke wasn't there, he would never be able to forgive himself. "Okay Uncle Jesse. I can do that. Know though, Sir, I'm not doing that for you or Daisy. Hell, I'm not even doing it for myself. I'm doing it for Bo because if I'm not able to be here for him then he will never forgive me." The look in Luke's eyes as he looked up in his Uncle Jesse was that of desperation and sadness. Luke was in a losing battle and all he could do was go along with what he was being told to do. "I'll leave in a minute..."
-
Picking Up the Pieces
"I told him that I wasn't leaving him. I told him." Luke put up a little fuss with Daisy. "Look I messed up a lot with Bo, and I can't break my word to him." Luke looked at Jesse for a help, "I can sleep here in that chair and they've got snacks and coffee. I'll be just fine. I just have to stay here. I have too."
-
Picking Up the Pieces
Luke looked up at his younger cousin, he offered her a smile. "He's fine Daisy don't go worrying about him. He just got a little riled up. His blood pressure got too high. If he knew I was there, then I'm sure it was just because he's still mad at me." Rubbing his eyes with his hands, Luke sighed. "I ain't leaving the hospital until Bo's able to leave with me."
-
Picking Up the Pieces
Luke sighed in relief, as the nurse looked over at him with a smile. "He's going to be alright, Sir. We gave him a sedative." Nodding, Luke responded, "Is he going to pull through?" The nurse couldn't offer anything less than a smile, "He'll be alright. Now, you better go. The doctor's going to go ahead and ask that Mr. Duke have no visitors so that he can rest." He almost put up a huge fight, but Luke knew that he owed these fine people a little something for saving his cousin. "Alright Ma'm. I'll be right out here. Let me know when he's awake." Before he turned to leave, Luke stared at Bo sleeping. "I'm still here Cousin, I'm just right out here."
-
Picking Up the Pieces
The doctors and nurses spoke to each other in a calm yet urgent tone for they knew just how serious the situation truly was. After trying to stabilize Bo, one of the doctors finally ordered a nurse to give him some medication to calm him down. With his heart beat and blood pressure sky rocketing, he needed to relax or he wouldn't be with them that much longer. The last thing that they needed was for the patient to have a heart attack. Luke watched from behind the team of medical professionals trying to save his cousin. His mind raced, as he wondered whether they were going to save him in time. "What's going on?" The same nurse that had been communicating with him answered, "We're giving him some medication to regulate his blood pressure. He should be fine, if he takes to the medicine well. He might be out for a little while." Not once did she miss a beat tending to Bo, as she answered Luke. Nodding, Luke took a deep breath, "Bo! I'm here. You've got to pull through. You've got to." Tears had filled the older Duke's eyes, as he stared helplessly. There was nothing he could do, but wait a minute to see if indeed the medication helped. It had too.
-
Myspace Dukes of Hazzard Roleplay?
I've had my share of a few great RPs on different journal sites and in chat rooms. I've also really enjoyed being able to participate in the Round Robin Stories Forum here. However, I wanted to get back into the RP game a little. So, I've been doing a little research and it seems that the RPs have moved more to designated profiles on myspace.com. I have recently created a profile for my character Cassie. If anyone is interested in creating a profile and RPing with me via comment section of our profiles, then please feel free to add me. I'm not sure what the rules are regarding HTML links on here anymore, so if you want to add me. Then, comment here and I will send the link to you in a message. Thanks Ya'll!
-
Picking Up the Pieces
As soon as the alarms went off on Bo's machines, an alarm went off in Luke's head; he panicked. "Help! Help! Nurse!" He yelled sprinting the few feet back to Bo's bed, "Bo! Bo! Hang in there Bo. Nurse!" Suddenly, the hospital became frantic with Luke's hollering and the alarm ringing from Bo's bed. Nurses and a doctor pushed past Luke to get to Bo. "Please Sir, we need you to move out of the way. Sir!" The nurse was stern and checked on Bo's vitals, as the other nurse and doctor became to work. Luke shook his head, as he stepped back. "I ain't leaving this room. I won't leave my cousin." Once she found a second to speak, the nurse responded, "Fine. Stay in the back and don't get in our way."
-
Picking Up the Pieces
Sighing, Luke made his way closer to Bo. The machines, the tubes, the everything that was giving Bo his chance to be well again sadden Luke unbearably. "I put you here Bo. If I hadn't been so smitten with her. My heart aches for her, but it aches even more seeing my cousin, my brother laying here like this." He paused lightly lying his hand on Bo's head, "I'd gladly trade places with you. I'd do anything for it to be me laying in that bed instead of you. Pull through, pull through and I swear to God that I will make it up to you." Rustling Bo's blonde locks, he took in a deep breath and turned to head out of the room.
-
Picking Up the Pieces
Luke nodded slowly to himself, "I'll even let you use my rod. My good rod not the one I've rigged for the past two years." He grinned to himself, "Remember that time I hooked a big one on that old thing, and you went to reel it in. That danged thing just snapped and you stumbled into the lake." A laugh escaped his lips, "You were so mad at me." He paused and glanced over at Bo, "If only that was the most you'd ever be mad at me, Bo. I can't apologize anymore. I could say I'm sorry until I'm blue in the face, but you don't want that. You want the Luke you use to know back. I don't deserve anything no understanding or anything. I need to make it right. I need to make up for the past few years. Hell, I need to make up for the past few days." Luke never expected Bo to answer because up until now he hadn't been able to say the right thing to Bo. All he ever wanted was for things to be the same. His vision for his life was so much different than this. For once, he thought that things would work out and that he would be happy. Not this.
-
Picking Up the Pieces
Luke took a deep breath, before he pushed open the door to Bo's room. Of course, the sound of beeping filled his ears because it was vital for Bo to have a heart monitor. Once he could ignore the beeping a soft hum flooded his ears. Taking a step forward, Luke headed over to Bo's bedside. However, he was still hesitant, but wanted to check Bo out with his own eyes. The younger Duke looked rough. "Bo?" Luke knew he wouldn't respond, but he didn't care. "You look like you're doin' pretty good. You're gonna pull through this, then I think I'll take ya fishin'." Luke had been through too much and he needed this kind of conversation with Bo. "So, what do you think?" Luke half expected him to answer for a second, but ignored that thought shortly after conceiving it. Still he just wanted Bo to do something to let him know that he could hear him.
-
Picking Up the Pieces
Luke nodded, "Not much trouble to be had in a respectable place such as this." Looking at Cassie he shook his head, "I am glad to see that you're doing okay, but I'm going to head over to see Bo." Cassie sat up a little, "Yes, you should definitely head on over. Shoo!" A grin cracked on her lips and she giggled softly. No, Luke did not fall in love with her all over again, but a little sadness that was left trapped in his heart had lifted upon witnessing Cassie's action. He had never worried too much about what had happened between them, but knew that now somehow it had been lost maybe never to be rekindled. Somehow, he was fine with that conclusion and figured what would be would. "See you later, Cassie," Luke turned and headed for the door. But, before he made it there, he stopped. "Did you forget somethinig?" Cassie looked puzzled. Luke didn't turn around because he didn't want her to see the smile on his face. It was the kind of smile that revealed every emotion a person was feeling. "Thank you for saving me." Cassie was overwhelmed with good feelings upon hearing that from Luke. "Hey, don't mention it. That's what people like us do, we go around saving people." He knew what her personality was like and that was the answer that he expected. It was the perfect answer for him to hear and a good way to end their conversation. Luke headed out of her room and down the hall except he stopped right outside Bo's room. He needed to clear his head for a moment.
-
Picking Up the Pieces
"Thank you, Uncle Jesse. Why don't you take Daisy back with you. I'll stay here with Bo. She could probably use somethin' to eat and maybe you can talk her into bringing me a change of clothes and a razor." Luke had slowly gotten up from his spot on the bed. Cassie shifted so that she could rest better, "Thank you for stoppin' by Mr. Duke. It was very kind of you."
-
Picking Up the Pieces
Cassie nodded and decided to speak before Luke had the chance. "I'm thankful for that everyday Mr. Duke. I owe Bo a lot and one thing which is an apology for my actions." She smiled, "I'm not too terrible." Luke looked at his Uncle Jesse, "I know, Uncle Jesse. I know.. I just keep lettin' Bo down. He's in that bed because of me because I couldn't act quick enough to save him. I'll get it right, but first I want to go see him. Can't have him thinking that I'm abandoning him."
-
Picking Up the Pieces
Cassie smiled, "Thank you Mr. Duke." Figuring that not saying a whole lot would spare her image, on that was already tainted. Luke nodded, "I'll be right in there Uncle Jesse. Wouldn't want to waste too much of that time restraint." Looking over at Cassie, he paused for a moment, "I just wanted to make sure Cassie was doing fine. She saved my life you know." His hand patted her leg in a friendly manner, "See Uncle Jesse I tried to tell ya'll that Cassie was still in there."
-
Picking Up the Pieces
Jesse sighed, "We're here Bo, we're here." He looked at Daisy, "Stay here with him. I'm gonna go see if Luke's up to seeing him." Daisy just nodded, as Jesse left the room and headed down the hallway. Pausing once he got to Cassie's room, he knocked. Luke and Cassie both looked up at the door and it was Cassie that answered, "Come in." Cassie and Luke's relationship was nonexistent there was no relationship between them. There lustful love had died, but there was still love between them. It was the kind that didn't need to be expressed because it could easily be seen in the way they talk to one another that's all anyone had to see. All they needed was understanding, civil conversations to get them by. Luke didn't hate her, even though Cassie expected him to. He just knew that it wasn't going to do anybody any good to have hard feelings. Nobody else understood that and he didn't care.
-
Picking Up the Pieces
Jesse tried to comfort Daisy as best as he could. Whether or not Bo was alert enough to hear him, he was going to talk to his nephew anyway. He needed to know that they all loved him and had faith about the outcome of things. "Ah, of course you are Bo you're a Duke afterall," Jesse's smile never faded. "We Dukes never give up and we always get through the tough spots." Daisy squeezed Jesse a little harder and looked over at Bo, which made Jesse nod. "See we're here for you Bo. Luke's here just give him a minute to come in. He's still upset, but I know he wants to see ya."
-
Picking Up the Pieces
Daisy instantaneously asked, "Do you want me to go get Luke?" Jesse shook his head, "There's two hours let him spend a little more time with Cassie. I plan on visiting her soon because the doctor hasn't put no limits on her hours. Right now, let's just go in and see how Bo's doing." Slowly, he walked into the room and approached the bed. Bo was a sight and with everything he was hooked up to he looked rather pitiful. Uncle Jesse offered Bo a smile, "You alright, Son?" Daisy wanted to hug him, but knew that she couldn't.
-
Picking Up the Pieces
"Now, Daisy don't think the worst because Bo's stronger than that." He knew that she would be crying for a while. Most of the time, she would've been just as much of a spitfire as Cassie had been earlier, but she was entitled to cry now. This was serious and life changing situation for everyone. All they could do now is wait for the doctor to tell them, when they could see Bo. "Honey, sit down," Cassie patted the empty space beside her on the bed. Luke hesitated, but obeyed. "I know things have been rough, but you've got to be more positive." "What's gone right for me, Cassie?" Luke interrupted her. Cassie smiled at him, "You need to stop thinking like that Lucas or you're going to worry that pretty little dark head of yours gray." Luke almost let his guard down and smiled. She made him feel like anxious and more relaxed like he could handle whatever life threw at him. Sitting his hands in his lap, he looked over at her. "What you did today.. thank you." "Don't mention it," Cassie let her hand cover his and she gave it a squeeze. "I would've been no match for Sawyer if it would've game down to me trying to save Bo." Luke looked sad, "There's that girl I tried to tell Bo about." "What do you mean?" Cassie looked confused. He sighed, "Bo, hated you.. he refused to hear anything I had to say about you." Cassie had nodded throughout that whole sentence because she already knew that Bo didn't act too kindly around her. "He told me I was too obsessed to see what you were doing to me. I tried to tell him though that the girl we both use to know what still in there." "Hey, hey! I've always been in there somewhere. I don't blame Bo for hating me though. I was too far gone on the drugs, Luke." She paused, "I'm clean now. It took me almost dying and a little jail time to straighten me up, but I'm back. I don't plan on getting that bad again, ever." Luke squeezed her hand back, "I saved you and I saved Bo.. is that enough for redemption." "Depends.. who's going to save you?" Cassie looked at him with a kind face. Luke looked confused, "What do you mean?" "I mean look at you Luke. You're not the man you use to be. You've tried so hard to make things right with everyone else that you've lost yourself." He didn't know what to make of her statement, but took it in regardless. "God can let me stay lost, if he let's Bo walk." Cassie winced, "Don't say that, Honey." Sliding up into her bed, she needed to lay down. Being up was beginning to take its toll on her wounds and that was never good. Luke moved so she could get comfortable, "It's what I'm saying." "Bo'll make and so will you," Cassie smiled. "I know so," she winked at him.
-
Picking Up the Pieces
Jesse Duke took that information in and nodded slowly. It was the only gesture most people could do in this case. "Just keep doing what you're doing, Doctor. And, we'll keep praying. Thank you." Turning he put his arm around Daisy, who had been silently crying. Leaning down he whispered, "Come on Daisy." Cassie had locked eyes with Luke, "Luke.." He just watched her and wondered how she could even stand. What was she doing? "Cassie," he started toward her, "Get back in bed. Are you crazy?" Standing still she scoffed, "Do I look crazy to you?" She paused, "Fine, I'll get back to bed." Turning to go back through the doorway, she stumbled a little. Luke, having made it closer to her room, was in arms reach. He caught her in mid-stumble and lead her back to her bed. Cassie sat down on her bed and smiled at Luke, "You did good today." Luke lost himself in her eyes, but was aware enough to disagree with her comment. "Doesn't make up for the past year." She shrugged, "Doesn't matter." "It matters."
-
Picking Up the Pieces
The news affected Luke badly. Hearing that Bo could be paralyzed was the last thing he wanted the doctor to say to him. He had faith that Bo would make it, but not even being able to walk again. Without warning, he turned and walked out of the office. To his right was temporary storage shelving in the hallway. To vent his frustration, he grabbed the shelving and slammed them again the wall. This sent medical supplies everywhere and nurses scrambled to pick them up. Cassie had walked out of her room and stood there watching Luke's little rampage. It was hard for her to stand, but she was doing it regardless. It startled her, when Luke had looked down the hall and spotted her. Daisy had remained in the office with tears in her eyes. She didn't speak, but had so many questions. Not being able to find her voice had a lot to do with her not trusting her emotions. Jesse Duke looked at the doctor, "What's the chances that it'll lead to paralysis? Percentage-wise?" He tried to keep his questions simple so that he could keep a level head. After witnessing Luke's reaction, both Dukes that remained with the doctor were trying to keep it together for Bo and Luke's sake.
-
Picking Up the Pieces
Luke looked over at his Uncle Jesse who had answered the doctor, "Alright Doctor." The old man nodded as he followed the doctor to his officer. In suit, Luke and Daisy followed. No one sat down once they got to the officer. Almost eagerly they waited for the news except it wasn't so much excited anticipation as it was dreading to hear the worst, if it had came to that.
-
Picking Up the Pieces
Outside the room, Luke paced back in forth. While the doctors were in scribbling their notes, they asked that Luke step outside. Daisy came down the hall with two cups of coffee. One was for herself and the other for Luke. Jesse watched Luke with a bit of sadness seeping out of his eyes, "Son, slow down. You're going to wear a hold in the floor." "Sorry Uncle Jesse," he took the coffee that Daisy had offered him. "Thank you." She nodded towards him and took a sip from her cup. "How long until we start knowing things for sure?" Jesse was unsure, but he had to offer comfort to both Daisy and Luke, "It'll be soon. You all don't worry Bo's going to be alright."
-
Picking Up the Pieces
Luke stepped back, as he watched men load both Bo and Cassie into the ambulance. The choice had struck him hard that he'd have to pick whether he road with Cassie or Bo. Right now, he did not count on leaving Bo's side because it looked bad for his cousin. Before he hopped into the ambulance with Bo, he yelled to one of the policemen. "Radio Sheriff Coltrane and tell him what's happened. Then, have him get in touch with my Uncle Jesse." The officer nodded at Luke and headed over to his patrol car. All Luke could do now was wait to see what happened at the hospital.
-
Picking Up the Pieces
"God," Luke whispered at seeing Bo's state. "Stay with me, Bo. You can't leave me, I lost my brother once and I refuse to do it again." The sirens could be heard coming from the distance. To Luke, they didn't seem to be coming fast enough. Both Cassie and Bo needed to get to the hospital fast. Cassie didn't show her pain, but Luke knew she had to be hurt. Afterall, she took the bullet for him. Now, she could be dying and so could Bo. When did everything get this crazy?"