Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Dukes of Hazzard Forums - HazzardNet.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

runningwild

Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by runningwild

  1. Shaking his head and grumbling, Luke entered the jail and spoke directly to Enos who was sitting at his desk. "Where is she?" Enos laughed nervously, "Howdy Luke, how's everything?" "Enos," his voice raised. "Downstairs, but Luke I can't let you see her if you're going to do something you'll regret I already had Bo lay into her earlier." Luke nodded, "I just want to talk to her," he sighed. "Give us some time.." Nodding, Enos watched Luke walk downstairs to see Cassie for the first time in a while. Silently, he prayed for a wreckoning for the two of them. Hearing footsteps, Cassie perked up to see who it was. As she approaching the bars, her eyes widened when she saw that it was Luke Duke. He slowed as he stepped off the bottom step and froze staring at her. This was a moment that would be forever embedded in their minds. "Hi.." Cassie spoke weakly.
  2. Luke just stared at Bo in disbelief, "How fair was that, Bo?" He followed him, "And what makes you think I want to be with her again after everything?" His voice was bitter and hushed once again, "Don't even pretend like you don't know.. she told me that ya'll slept together a few years back.. or did you forget?" Cassie had come to visit her aunt while Luke was in the Marine's. He was going through training and they weren't dating nor had they even considered being a couple. So, getting the next most eligible guy in town to show her a good time, Bo did just that. Frustrated with his cousin, Luke turned and just stormed off from the General Lee and Bo. Since he wasn't that far from the jail that's exactly where he was heading.
  3. Cooter spoke up, "And, now the people start to stare.." Luke looked at Cooter and then noticed a few people who had slowed to watch the Dukes talk. "Maybe she was her and her damn problems, but I'm the one that was drinking and wrecking my life over a woman." He had hushed his voice a little. "The Cassie you saw and the Cassie that I knew were two different people Bo. Why do you think it was so hard for me?" Sighing out of frustration, he didn't know what to do. The only thing on his mind was a beer.
  4. "That's understandable," Luke nodded regretting that he had even checked to see what she looked like. He already had a hunch that by Bo yelling at her he'd already made her angry. That's just how she was. Cooter had shoved his hands in his pockets and was finding it hard to stand still with all the tension rising. "It's all complicated," he was talking about how Bo remembered how rough Luke had it. "You can't blame her for things I did, Bo. I can swear up and down she's the reason, but that doesn't justify it. That doesn't even come close." Sighing, he shook his head, "I reckon you didn't talk to her then... do you care to?" He was being too kind and too forgiving, but what else could he do?
  5. Luke considered this, "That's good," he seemed to be calming down a little. "If she's got charges, then she should be locked up. That a good place for her to sit for a while." He looked at Bo, "Sorry Cousin, I didn't mean to yell. I'm probably causing quite the scene." Cooter tried to laugh, "That you are my friend," this time he put his hand on Luke's shoulder. "What are you going to do with your newfound information?" "I.. don't know," he was hesitant in answering. "Bo, you seen her right? Did she look alright?" Everyone that knew Cassie distinctly remembered her appearance the last time she was in town. She came in a fresh daisy, but the more you stared at her the more you realized that she was really "coked out", if that was a valid description.
  6. Luke's face quickly changed from chipper to serious. "Cassie's back?" He had to repeat it outloud just so he would believe it. After a few moments, of silence between the three, he looked Bo straight in the eye, "Where is she?" Cooter saw that Bo had had enough of answering questions that he should fear to answer, so he spoke up. "She's in the jail." "She's where?!" His voice boomed. This was enough to make Cooter shut his mouth and let Bo handle this. In truth, Luke was hurt by Cassie. He was hurt so bad that he struggled with himself for a while, but at the end of the day he still loved her. Uncle Jesse told him that you always loved the person that hurt you the most and Luke abided by that. His own personal experience proved his uncle right. No matter how angry he was with her for what happened he had slowly over time started to forgive her in his heart. Luke didn't tell anyone that he was forgiving her.
  7. "Of course not, then that would leave me to do all the hard labor on the farm," Luke grinned. And, checked out Bo's pale face, "I didn't think I'd scare you that bad, Cuz." Cooter laughed uneasily, "Must me that discrete Marine training put to practice. You really snuck up on us." Nodding, Luke considered this to be the reason, but still he remembered that Bo hadn't answered his question. "So, let me try again. What am I not suppose to find out?" Cutting his eyes to Bo, Cooter didn't know how the younger Duke would get out of this. Neither of the Dukes nor Cooter knew that Cassie could see them from the window in her cell. She smiled she when Luke snuck up on Bo because it warmed her heart. That's what you do when you see someone you love; you smile. Still her smile was faint and it ached her heart.
  8. Luke had come out of the convienence store and spotted Bo just up the sidewalk talking to Cooter. This would be the perfect time to give his cousin a good scare because Bo didn't know that Daisy had let Luke borrow her jeep to take to town. Coming up behind him quietly, he caught some of what Bo had said. Slamming his hand down on his cousin's shoulder he spoke, "Don't let Luke find out what?" He seemed rather chipper. Cooter jumped and looked to Bo who instantly turned white in the face. He didn't dare say anything because he wanted to follow Bo's lead in answering Luke.
  9. Cooter looked shocked, "Now, Bo, you don't mean that. You're lettin' your anger get the best of you." Firmly putting a hand on his friends shoulder, he hoped that Bo would rethink what he was saying. "Have you even talked to her about what happened? I mean I know she wasn't the most social person in Hazzard after it was over. I saw her at the Boarsnest every night." Sometimes Cooter could surprise you with how wise he was. Enos lead Cassie into the oourt house and Rosco almost jumped ten feet when he saw her. "Enos!" Rosco was hurrying over to the duo, "Where'd you pick her up?" Stammering slightly, he answer, "Just outside the courthouse Sheriff." Cassie nodded, "I was coming to see about my house. Didn't know I had new charges against me." Rosco gave her a sly look, "Shame shame shame Missy, you got somebody killed, of course there's going to be charges. This was serious and Rosco wasn't giving his usual snicker. "Come on Cassie," Enos let go of her arm and ushered her downstairs to her cell. Sighing, she followed him, "Enos, am I going to get out of here?" He had opened the cell door and started to remove her handcuffs. Shaking his head, he sighed, "Cassie, I don't know." "I didn't mean to, you know that... I never wanted any of that to happen," she had already stepped inside the cell herself. Enos stared at her for a long moment, "I know; time will tell." With that he closed the door behind her and headed back upstairs.
  10. Bo Duke made Cassie so mad, even when they were children. All she could do was question whether she was hurt enough by his words not to say anything or whether she should try to match him. "I didn't mean to hurt Luke you stubborn bast----!" This is what the younger Duke did to her. "And, yes I do like the city, so Atlanta should be superb." Enos' eyes widen as he started pulled Cassie towards the stairs, "Come on Darlin'." Her feet carried her along with Enos, "I guess you can't understand what its like to really try to survive." Cassie's voice was bitter. Enos wasn't going to let her stay out on the street having a yelling match with Bo. People were staring. Cooter came out of the post office and heard the commotion. Seeing Bo, he figured he'd have to check out what was going on. "Hey there Bo," he held his usual comical look on his face. "What's the trouble? Little lady didn't want to date ya?" He grinned slightly, then he took the time to actually see who the woman was. Quickly, any touch of humor to his faced died and he looked back at Bo, "Oh..."
  11. Cassie looked down; his words were anticipated but still she hurt just the same. She didn't say a word, as Enos fastened the handcuffs on her wrists. "You'll have these back off in a second don't worry," he said calmly to her. Enos heard Bo and looked at him walking away, "I'm taking her inside..don't get yourself all worked up." With that he took Cassie by the forearm. "Wait Enos.." Cassie decided to speak up. "Bo, why don't you come with us inside and we'll talk. I think we need to." She knew that he'd reject the idea so she had to add a little more to it. "You can yell if you want even curse me; I just think it'd do some good to the situation. I mean word does travel fast in Hazzard."
  12. Enos was naturally polite and was still stalling before he had to put the handcuffs on Cassie. "Howdy Bo, Boss Hogg issued a warrant for her arrest a while back. We're just now catching her." Turning so that Bo could get a better look at her, Cassie spoke up. "You're singing a different tune," that was all she had to say. Bo wasn't exactly very fond of Cassie, before she left. He cursed Luke several times for not turning her in to Rosco. Her negligence killed someone that was very dear to his cousin Daisy, so he struggled with resentment for Cassie. Only God knew what was in store for her now that a Duke knew she was back in town. Cassie looked uneasy waiting for Bo's reaction when he realized who she was. Time would tell if he'd grown to forgive her for making a mistake when trying to save her own life. It's always been said "a life for a life"; her's was sparred and so someone had to die.
  13. Once she stepped foot on the sidewalk, Hazzard seemed like home again; still she was viewing it as a stranger. The crisp air from the transition from summer to fall gently blew around her tossing tree branches slightly back and forth. Today's weather made it a day to remember. The click of her high heels on the pavement gave away any hope that she would go unnoticed. Who wouldn't take notice of a blonde in oversized sunglasses in town in Hazzard County. Her attire was simple; a fitted sun dress and the black high heels she wore to match it. The dress was red, but it was the shade of red that remained subtle and not too flashy. Even though she loved to stand out, Hazzard wasn't the place and it wasn't the time. See her name was well known in these parts not only because she grew up here but because she was involved in one of the county's few murders. Without actually pulling the trigger, she requested that during a jailbreak for Luke Duke that another man be released, also. This other man was apart of her master plan to rid the world of her ex-boyfriend and spare her own life without hurting any of her friends; namely The Dukes. Everything was going as planned; the man she got out of jail had held up his end of the bargain and protected her from a visit from Harvey Conrad, her ex-boyfriend. Harvey was a "mobster", the head man. He had a lot of power and felt as if he were entitled to the rights of his girlfriend. Long story short, Harvey left vowing to get revenge on this man and the man in return fired a shot that took a life. After that, she didn't have many friends because things were now complicated. Luke her longtime love didn't know what to do with her anymore and so they stopped speaking, but that didn't mean they still didn't love each other. Passing infront of the courthouse on her way to see what outstanding fees she may have on her house, she was stopped dead in her tracks as Enos Strate came down the courthouse steps infront of her. She couldn't avoid him. "Howdy Ma'm," he said with a nod instantly noticing that she looked out of place. At first, she didn't want to reply; still it was all apart of her southern hospitality to answer when spoken to, "Hi." Enos tilted his head a little to examine her a little more closely, since her voice triggered a faint recognization. "I'm Deputy.." "Enos Strate. I know," she smiled sweetly. Lifting her sunglasses on top of her head, she spoke again. "Hi, Enos." Blinking a few times, he cursed himself under his breath and wished a thousand times that she wasn't who she was. "Cassie? Cassie Morgan," she accompanied this with a nod. Pausing for a long moment, he sighed, "It's nice to see you back in town Cassie, but I'm sorry. I'm going to have to place you under arrest." Cassie just stared at him, "And, here I was thinking that I was cleared of all that.." She didn't resist all she could do was hold her wrists together out in front, for Enos to handcuff her. Without failue, the General Lee could be heard and then saw barrelling into town around the corner. The Dukes always had to make a trip into town atleast once a day. This sounds made Enos pause and contemplate what to do in any given situation they could present him with. He knew that if The Dukes saw Cassie there was going to be a whole lot of heartache and disgust depending on which Dukes it was.
  14. Cooter paused as he hugged her, "I'll kill that damn fool." He muttered still comforting Dusty. Enos looked down and tried to laugh, but it came out sounding nervous and awkward. "Now, Cooter it's okay.. everything's been taken care of you don't need to worry yourself with that Hogg." Cassie sighed, "Oh lord, this is going great," she muttered. Luke, on the other hand, followed Enos' lead, "Cooter don't get so worked up.."
  15. Luke looked at Cooter and Dusty. Finally, they were together, and it seemed like the best thing for both of them. He stared at his cousin and best friend and wondered what exactly what going to happen next. Enos nodded as he stayed silent, but Cassie decided to break the silent seeing that Cooter wasn't exactly saying anything "I think that's enough drama for one day.. " For a second, she almost lost her temper and didn't know why. Enos caught on to that and darted his eyes in her direction. "Cass, why don't you take Luke out for something to eat.. or " Luke was the one to interupt him, "Or why don't you take her.. now's not a great time for me to eat. Seeing as I'm not hungry and all." Suddenly, it was as if attitudes had changed and Cassie didn't particularly care for the company of anyone at the moment.
  16. Enos shook his head, "Wasn't me; Cassie's the one that wanted to get Cooter out here." Luke kissed Cassie ontop of her head, "You did a good thing," he whispered. Cassie nodded. She understood what it was like to do the good deed. "Hey Cooter.. uhh Welcome to Amara Daylen.. I guess the stores open to whatever you guys want.." Her tears had dried. "You sure?" Enos knew that Cassie was a charitable person, but to open her business up for free gifts?.. "Of course I'm sure," she shrugged, "I ain't got nothing better to do.." Enos nodded, "Well then Darlin' you're changing for the better.." He smiled and her, giving her a wink.
  17. Dusty did not know Cassie had been pregnant at one time, and she would never find out. Cassie choked her tears back as Luke held her close. Luke spoke softly, "We look like a mess out on the sidewalk... let's go inside." He lead her back into the store. Enos looked up and smiled at them as he tried to comfort Dusty still. "Ya'll alright?" He asked concerned for them both. "We're better," Luke answered truthfully. Looking up, Cassie shook her head. "We're in a limbo.." Luke had his arm around her and managed to rub her lower back. Silently, he agreed with her; they were caught inbetween hate and love. "I just wish things had been different," Enos spoke up. "For all of you.." Suddenly, the door of Cassie's boutique and in walked Cooter Davenport. He cautiously looked around, seeing as he wasn't sure if he was in the right place or not. Pausing, he looked past some customers and saw Luke, Cassie, Enos, and Dusty. There was Dusty. "Howdy ya'll.." He approached him slowly. Luke turned around, "Hey Cooter.." The sound of his voice was calm and collected. It looked like everyone had been crying except for Enos. "Who died?" Cooter tried to break the ice.
  18. Cassie gathered herself and slowly approached the door. Before she got to it, she could already see Luke pacing outside. Taking a deep breath, she pushed open the door and stepped outside. Immediately, Luke stopped and stared at her. At first, it was as if he had no idea what to say, then he spoke. "Look I'm sorry..." She didn't let him finish, "You had all the right in the world to do that, and I deserved it because of everything I've done to you." This kept Luke quiet as he stared at her wondering where she was going with this. "Luke, I started pushing you away after.." Cassie almost choked on her words. This is the first time she'd relived this event since she told Enos years ago. "I lost the baby.." Luke's eyes went wide as he couldn't believe what he was hearing. "The baby?" Now, he understood why she couldn't look him in the eye. Who would want to tell someone they loved that their baby was gone. "I was pregnant, and I kept taking those pills. So, I killed our baby.." Tears streamed her face, "There was no way I could face you and keep on living in Hazzard knowing that's what I've done." Letting out a hard breath, he reached out and pulled her into his arms. "Don't cry. It's okay... Shh" Silently, Luke's heart broke at the news, but because he loved her he could forgive her. This made things easier between them; however, he didn't know if they could ever be together again. "Cassie, I would have helped you..God, I would have went to hell and back to do whatever I could to help you.." A stray tear slid down his cheek. Sobbing into his chest, she took in every word he had spoken. "I'm so sorry...so so sorry.." Enos held Dusty inside and looked from where he was sitting out to Luke and Cassie. They had made up, or atleast they were hugging. He couldn't tell that Cassie was crying, but he had the hunch that she was.
  19. Enos slowed and shook his head, "Ladies.. don't cry." Suddenly, everything managed to get out of control. Cassie quickly forced her tears to dry as she took control of her emotions. "I'm okay Enos you didn't need to come. Dusty just overreacted to the situation." Shrugging, she glanced past Enos at Luke. The LA lawman stared at her, "He doesn't know what to do with you." Directing his attention to Dusty, Enos smiled softly. "Just wait until I tell everyone on the force that Dusty Duke cried." He winked playfully trying to lighten the mood. Luke paced back and forth outside, kicking at a few stray rocks. He'd cooled down and knew he couldn't go back in there. Cassie pulled away from Dusty and Enos, "I should.." Enos gladly finished it for her, "Go talk to Luke. Honey, you've got to tell him something; he doesn't know.." He didn't want to give too much away because Dusty didn't know either. Nodding Cassie walked outside, leaving Dusty and Enos behind. This was her shot to be completely honest with Lucas K. Duke. Enos looked over at Dusty, "We should give them their time, so what do you want to do?"
  20. Cassie didn't know what to say, "Wow." After a moment, she found a place to sit down near where she and Dusty stood. "He got so angry.. I'm trying really hard.." After about ten minutes, Enos came hurrying down the sidewalk;but, he slowed seeing Luke. "Hey Luke. What's going on?" The dark-haired Duke shook his head, "I don't know. It was like she was pushing me away all over again and.." Enos sighed, "Luke ya'll didn't try a sequel to your first argument did ya?" He nodded, "I never know with her. She's always saying and doing things I can't account for." "Is she inside?" Enos had no idea what had fueled his friend's fire, but he had to set things straight. "Yeah," Luke paused, "Why can't she just come clean about what's been going on with her?" "Because she wants to shield you from it.. " Cassie despite everything and everyone around her pulled her knees to her chest and made herself into a ball. "I try to do the right thing.. Cooter.." she paused looking up at Dusty, "I'm flying him out here for you; he should be out here in another hour or so."
  21. Cassie returned and handed Dusty the jeans, "Here you go." She looked from Luke to Dusty. "So, is there anything else I can help you two with?" Suddenly, it was as if she was trying to get them to leave. "I'm set," Luke said softly. His voice was accompanied by a look of confusion. "Is everything okay?" He asked raising an eyebrow. "Everything's fine Lucas," she muttered. "I just have more customers to tend to and.." "And.. what?" Luke narrowed his eyes. "You won't even look at me." Cassie looked at Dusty for some help, "I'm trying to do the right thing over here..you said.." "I don't give a damn about what I said," his pain was venting anger. "That was a long time ago; can't we just be adults about this?" Her eyes went wide as she remembered seeing him get made like this before. "I'm being an adult about this. I'm doing everything I can to make ya'lls visit more pleasant...I wanna be on your good graces.." Luke just stared at her, "My good graces?" He laughed, "You pushed me away and you hid things from me Cassie!" People were beginning to stare and walk by the doorway to see what was going on. [Cue - Dusty Rose Duke]
  22. Cassie nodded, "Excuse me," she left the room which left Dusty and Luke alone. Luke followed the rows of shoes, "She seems different..." Picking up a shoe, he thought about getting it. "Is she clean?" This he wondered outloud. Looking through some jeans she found what Dusty would like. Using her woman's intuition and designer know how she picked a size. Cue: Dusty Rose Duke. [it was fine]
  23. Cassie knew what the face was for, also. Sighing she tried to steer the conversation in a different direction. "Is there anything else you need, Luke?" He looked at her and thought twice before he spoke, "I uhh need some shoes." The last part came out fast and he was stalling. "I can get you some shoes," she motioned for him to follow her. They entered a room that looked as if it had a million shoes in it. "Pick a pair, any pair." "Dusty you want anything while you're here? I'm in the giving mood today..." Cue: Dusty Rose Duke [Oh by the way.. my computer is broken at home so I won't be posting a whole lot until it gets fixed. Sorry.]
  24. Cassie glanced up at Dusty, "He called and said he'd be at headquarters doing some unfinished paperwork." She smiled and fidgeted with Luke's suit, before looking at him. "Is this sort of what you wanted?" The suit was black except for the white collared shirt and the satin sapphire tie with black diagonal stripes. Luke nodded as he looked at it, "It's exactly what I wanted. You did a good job." "Do you want to try it on?" "I trust you got it right," Luke smiled. "Dusty, what do you think?" He hoped she didn't do what she usually did and actually say what she thinks about the situation instead of the object. Cue Dusty Rose Duke
  25. Cassie had gathered everything she needed for Luke's suit. She started pieceing different coats with pants. It took her a while, but finally she managed to get a black suit with a blue and black diagonally stripped tie. Would he like it? Of course she didn't know. Enos had called to tell Cassie that Cooter agreed to come on out and he should be on the next flight. Also, he said there was some unfinished paperwork at headquarters that needed tending to. Plus, he hadn't caught up with Daisy yet. Shrugging Cassie hung up Luke's suit and waited for him to stop back by to try it on. Somehow her work day got a little more stressful. Cue Dusty Rose Duke

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.